The College Basketball Post

1711243640923.gif

Choakland. Complete meltdown. Suddenly couldn’t run their offense

Double and triple teaming ncstate bigman was unnecessary. Easy kickout shots all day

Michigan has a high ceiling, without being the pressure cooker that Louisville is.

And a marquee Big 10 job > marquee ACC job

I mean it’s definitely not crazy to say Michigan job would be more appealing than Louisville, who is a fake ACC team :lol:

Duke and UNC the only ACC teams that matter at the end of the day.

This is so far from the truth. Louisville is a top 10 job in the country and closer to 5 than they are 10. Their basketball budget set for recruiting, facility upgrades and resources alone is top 5 in the country compared to Michigan’s which is somewhere in the low 40’s. Are we also going to ignore the fact that Michigan is and always will be a football school, which impacts what donors are giving towards NIL, sponsorships, etc? Whether they’re a “real” ACC team or not is irrelevant, considering the move has opened up recruiting pipelines in NC and VA since the move. If slick Rick never hired them strippers and did the other dirt that forced him out, we wouldn’t even be having this convo.

I do agree that the pressure to win at Louisville is greater than Michigan, but that doesn’t mean Michigan is the better job

I’m not saying Louisville isn’t a good job.

I’m just interested to see how great it is in a post-Slick Rick world. Folks should be begging to work there if it’s as good as you’re saying.

Not sure it’s the case.

This is so far from the truth. Louisville is a top 10 job in the country and closer to 5 than they are 10. Their basketball budget set for recruiting, facility upgrades and resources alone is top 5 in the country compared to Michigan’s which is somewhere in the low 40’s. Are we also going to ignore the fact that Michigan is and always will be a football school, which impacts what donors are giving towards NIL, sponsorships, etc? Whether they’re a “real” ACC team or not is irrelevant, considering the move has opened up recruiting pipelines in NC and VA since the move. If slick Rick never hired them strippers and did the other dirt that forced him out, we wouldn’t even be having this convo.

I do agree that the pressure to win at Louisville is greater than Michigan, but that doesn’t mean Michigan is the better job
I agree with your points. But I think the stability of the Big 10 and as you mentioned there's less pressure at Michigan than Louisville.

Do think Louisville has a higher ceiling than Michigan if they get the ball rolling. Not sure who they turn to now.

I’m not saying Louisville isn’t a good job.

I’m just interested to see how great it is in a post-Slick Rick world. Folks should be begging to work there if it’s as good as you’re saying.

Not sure it’s the case.

Similar to UNC, Louisville had a cloud over the program after Pitino left as they were awaiting potential sanctions from the NCAA. I’m sure all of that impacted recruiting and convincing kids to not enter the portal. I think they would’ve been in a much better position than they are now if they had a competent coach. Kenny Payne might’ve been the worst coach in the country lmao

I think some coaches are reluctant to enter in the current **** storm, but the job will be more than rewarding if you can correct the past 5-years of mistakes from Chris Mack and Payne

Back
Top Bottom