The College Basketball Post

1711723598406.png

Dang we go DHO here there is nothing Alabama can do.

DHO to RJ
RJ gets downhill
Bacot goes to the opposite block
Strong side isn't going to help off of Ingram
Weakside can't even see the play their face guarding

Either layup for RJ or pass to Bacot if the big helps

The Elliot 3s finally landed but the Withers 3 never did..

Wrong play by Withers but silly to harp on one play in a one possession game

Withers also sparked the run down 5 with 3 mins

Just one of those fluky games. Saw the stat 12-28 on layups :sick:

That led to open court push and 1 play by Nelson with Withers fouling him :wow:

Back to back major game errors

Team lost tho Oats stayed with his plan and system didn’t flinch vs HD who went away from his

That led to open court push and 1 play by Nelson with Withers fouling him :wow:

Back to back major game errors

Team lost tho Oats stayed with his plan and system didn’t flinch vs HD who went away from his

You can point to any negative sequence in a game like that. 72 possessions

Oats got a career night from a role player and HD got a career off-night from his best player. Such is the NCAAT

I do think they stuck with Woj for too long. EC/Trimble could've sparked something

We knew this teams issue was putting the game away when having a lead and that came back to haunt them last night.

RJ needed to defer, but I can’t be mad at him for wanting to take those shots in the final minutes of the game. Offense was always better with Eliot in the game. Even tho Bama was sagging off, Hubert should’ve put him back in as the offense had no flow for about 6-7 minutes.

I wish we had another season with this group, because they played a tough brand of UNC basketball we really hadn’t seen before

I know this will probably never happen but the NCAA should reseed once teams make the elite 8. UConn vs Illinois is not only the elite 8 game but also looks the national championship game as well.

Yea UCONN/Illinois feels like a final four matchup, but that side of the bracket was tough on paper

Withers also sparked the run down 5 with 3 mins

Just one of those fluky games. Saw the stat 12-28 on layups :sick:

Sure there were more plays Elliot's missed layup in the first half, Bacot's missed dunk in the second half, RJ not hitting a 3 for the first time all season and we lost by 2.

BUT

This shot just can't happen with 15 seconds in the shot clock. Then on the other end after he took the bad shot he's late with is rotation (which happens) fouls but not hard enough and gives up and and 1. A 5 point swing that late in the game is just costly especially from a player that has been playing decent and isn't a freshmen.

You can point to any negative sequence in a game like that. 72 possessions

Oats got a career night from a role player and HD got a career off-night from his best player. Such is the NCAAT

I do think they stuck with Woj for too long. EC/Trimble could've sparked something

He was playing with borrowed time with Paxon.

You can't only give EC 5 mins in the second half. First half UNC out scored Alabama by 10 with EC in the game second half we got outscored by 10.

Also you need EC so RJ can play off the ball some.

But like you said off night, but still scored 80+ just shows how fragile the NCAA tournament is.

He was playing with borrowed time with Paxon.

You can't only give EC 5 mins in the second half. First half UNC out scored Alabama by 10 with EC in the game second half we got outscored by 10.

Also you need EC so RJ can play off the ball some.

But like you said off night, but still scored 80+ just shows how fragile the NCAA tournament is.

Giving Wojcik that many minutes because you didn’t want Bama sagging off of Cadeau/Trimble, but having him not be a focal point of the offense in terms of getting up shots doesn’t make much sense at all

To be fair, they scored 26 points in the final 10 mins without Elliot

Slow start to the 2H killed them. If not for that, I doubt we see such a weird allocation of minutes

I really like the offensive sets and actions Bama was running. They are a really good team and will be a tough out if those threes are falling. I still think Oats is a deplorable and a disgusting person but I like how they play

Last edited:
They play a more modern style than most. Seems like this team has some good chemistry too.

To be fair, they scored 26 points in the final 10 mins without Elliot

Slow start to the 2H killed them. If not for that, I doubt we see such a weird allocation of minutes

I also think Bacot picking up that foul for the illegal screen and the one off the offensive rebound changed the game.

Because Washington.... man o man Jalen Washington was not ready to play. I remember in the first half he check in let the ball get inbounded on the baseline and just stood in the paint while home boy lined up the three.

I really like the offensive sets and actions Bama was running. They are a really good team and will be a tough out if those threes are falling. I still think Oats is a deplorable and a disgusting person but I like how they play

Oats is trash, but they do play a nice style. Never would I have thought teams would play with more pace than UNC

Elliot isn’t leaving :lol:

Hope he stays but wouldn’t be shocked to see Trimble go

Really most of the roster up in the air again. Ingram projected early 2nd round has to go?

Tough situation for Trimble. RJ stays and there aren’t a lot of mins

Or he doesn’t and a Trimble/Cadeau backcourt doesn’t make sense for obvious reasons

Maybe he’s content playing 20ish mins in a similar role next year but I kinda doubt it

Then again I thought he was gone after last season

Last edited:
Damn thought they were gonna tech Burns for throwing that ball :lol:

Dude’s a mf load, glad he got up to this level from Winthrop

Back
Top Bottom