The College Basketball Post

Popping a bottle of champagne to celebrate Duke's downfall this year

Lighting a candle to start praying for Cooper Flagg's and the Blue Devils' downfall next year
I really think cooper flagg gonna be the goods..... white america aint have a W like that in basketball in a long time

Can’t wait for 🇺🇸 to shut up Duke haters next year. He will transcend the sport and many will follow in his footsteps

T0INE T0INE now or never

ezgif-2-4f08b57e98.gif

My washed *** allowed me to wake up from an unplanned nap in time to see NC State do the Lord's work on a Sunday. :emoji_hugging:

Props to them on this insane run.

They've won like damn near 10 in a row at this right?

Coach went from the hotseat to the Final Four.

Brazy.

UNC might’ve bounced out early, BUT Duke loses to a poverty program with a poverty coach who will absolutely not capitalize off of this current final 4 run. While Duke fails to live up to preseason expectations since their 2015 championship. This is truly my Super Bowl as I WIN

Yall keep talking about Cooper Flagg, have yall seen the rest of Duke's recruiting class? :sick:

They’ve had the #1 recruiting class very year for the last 9 years and have 1 final four appearance where they lost to their bitter rival to show for it. Like always, Duke will be loaded with talent, but It’s hard to convince me that they’ll be better off next year if guys like Filipowski and roach leave (which they probably will)

This current NIL/portal era of college hoops supports teams who build around experienced upperclassmen as their best players. UConn is the only team in the final 4 with a freshman in their starting lineup

Damn, famb. “Race war” is wild….I see it though. Did a women bracket at work and everyone but me picked Iowa to win the chip. I had South Carolina.

Think UK was numero uno last year

Both teams were awful, really bad, bad basketball overall

Word. Even further validates the point since both Duke and UK made the final 4 in 2015, neither of them have been able to return with their current OaD/loaded freshman classes model, while the game has continued to evolve past that

2019 was truly an outlier for Duke tho. They run that tournament back again and they make the final 4 9/10 times

They’ve had the #1 recruiting class very year for the last 9 years and have 1 final four appearance where they lost to their bitter rival to show for it. Like always, Duke will be loaded with talent, but It’s hard to convince me that they’ll be better off next year if guys like Filipowski and roach leave (which they probably will)

This current NIL/portal era of college hoops supports teams who build around experienced upperclassmen as their best players. UConn is the only team in the final 4 with a freshman in their starting lineup
You ain’t even have to explain all that dawg, anybody with eyes can see that top recruiting classes hasn’t done much with Duke and Kentucky lately :lol:

The emphasis on incoming recruit classes is looking like more of an old way of thinking these days

You ain’t even have to explain all that dawg, anybody with eyes can see that top recruiting classes hasn’t done much with Duke and Kentucky lately :lol:

The emphasis on incoming recruit classes is looking like more of an old way of thinking these days

At least Duke usually has a run in the tournament most years, that BUM coach Cal gets all that talent and can’t even do that :lol:

Aye man I clearly had to explain cause we bringing it up in the year of our lord 2024!

Being the portal wizard w/NIL benefits is the new bag man

Word. Even further validates the point since both Duke and UK made the final 4 in 2015, neither of them have been able to return with their current OaD/loaded freshman classes model, while the game has continued to evolve past that

2019 was truly an outlier for Duke tho. They run that tournament back again and they make the final 4 9/10 times

Yeah I completely agree - the game has changed and the way Cal is approaching it needs to change - he has already said we are diving into the portal heavy

Is Edey…legit?? Like will he be able to make some noise in the League, or is he just big as hell and semi-good in college? He’s hard to judge, imo.
Jokic was once battling for the starting center spot in Denver with Nurkic and Plumlee. Then Jokic became Jokic because he is ultra talented and highly skilled. Edey has shown he is highly skilled and talented so I expect him to use his size to his advantage and make an impact in the NBA and help bring the post game back among young big men.

I see Burns doing the same because he has great footwork and feel for the game as a big man who knows his butt belongs in the paint 24-7

Back
Top Bottom