The College Basketball Post

Yea winning the bidding war for high schoolers looks cool and all but they’ll eventually get smacked by 24 year olds :lol:

One and done era low key ain’t last as long as most thought it would

Truth, and the OaD era really only worked for Cal and K, which I understand why both programs have continued to lean into it more than anyone else

Scheyer’s gotta start working the portal heavy. I personally think he’s a good coach X’s and O’s wise, but he needs to establish roles for his players/teams. Might be worse next season if roach and flip are gone

Truth, and the OaD era really only worked for Cal and K, which I understand why both programs have continued to lean into it more than anyone else

Scheyer’s gotta start working the portal heavy. I personally think he’s a good coach X’s and O’s wise, but he needs to establish roles for his players/teams. Might be worse next season if roach and flip are gone

I just saw they have no guard commits 😂😂

Assume McCain goes but that would be a great situation for him to show he could lead a team/be a distributor. If I recall, Roach was on the bubble for returning this season.

Yea what you said about role establishments is the key…but that’s damn near impossible when you gotta try to convince a team full of dudes thats expecting to be there for just a few months to play certain roles or a style of play that won’t make em look good

Everybody coming in trying to put up 20 and go lotto :lol:

Duke Blue Devils 2023-2024 season:
- ACC preseason #1
- AP preseason #1
- Consensus #1 recruiting class
- 2-5 vs ACC schools in NC (swept by UNC, 1-2 vs NC State)
- Quarterfinal exit in ACC tournament (0-1 overall)
- 2nd place finish in ACC regular season
- Elite 8 loss vs NC State
- 0 trophies won

Bring on Flagg and everyone else!

Can't forget taking another L to Caleb Love in Cameron

Or

12306448.gif

I just saw they have no guard commits 😂😂

Assume McCain goes but that would be a great situation for him to show he could lead a team/be a distributor. If I recall, Roach was on the bubble for returning this season.

I’m assuming proctor stays since his draft stock has plummeted since being projected as a fringe lotto pick last spring. Roach is similar to RJ to where there’s no real reason to come back other than to try and win a chip. McCain and Flip don’t benefit from coming back imo, weaker draft class this year and their stock probably won’t get much higher. Not sure where this leaves Blakes, Mitchell and Foster. I’m sure woody knows way more than me just speculating

I’m assuming proctor stays since his draft stock has plummeted since being projected as a fringe lotto pick last spring. Roach is similar to RJ to where there’s no real reason to come back other than to try and win a chip. McCain and Flip don’t benefit from coming back imo, weaker draft class this year and their stock probably won’t get much higher. Not sure where this leaves Blakes, Mitchell and Foster. I’m sure woody knows way more than me just speculating

They will be active in the portal - guards abound, Foster obviously back. Proctor really shot himself in the foot. Roach has nowhere to go - they did celebrate him - probably can make more via NIL while going to Fuqua vs Europe.

Scheyer has been pretty explicit about his approach with the portal.

Is tomorrow night the biggest day in women’s basketball history? Or at least up there?

Race War and then UConn/USC is crazy.

Gotta be up there amongst the biggest.

The name recognition alone is something I don’t think we’ve ever seen. There are legitimate stars that we’ll be hearing about for years to come on each team.

Man I can’t stand Kim Mullarky, but she was actually right in going after that LA Times reporter. That was some clownish writing.
Da Hoods are coming off. Sometimes it takes a racist and bigot to flag it in others.

Roster going to look very different next year. Going to get pieces that fit into their roles. I’d expect only Caleb, Sean, and TJ back. Caleb’s dad likes to talk behind the scenes, kid loves Duke and grew up a fan but he’s been floating around things behind the scenes that are strange

College landscape is so much different now. Kaiser had a really disappointing freshman season but showed some flashes of what he could potentially be once he’s an upperclassmen.

Instead he’s leaving and is probably gonna be replaced by some transfer that is older and much better and ready to contribute.

So ultimately I guess it’s good. Just way different from what we’re used to. Basically makes the most sense to go all-in on 5 star recruits and then target the best transfers.

College landscape is so much different now. Kaiser had a really disappointing freshman season but showed some flashes of what he could potentially be once he’s an upperclassmen.

Instead he’s leaving and is probably gonna be replaced by some transfer that is older and much better and ready to contribute.

So ultimately I guess it’s good. Just way different from what we’re used to. Basically makes the most sense to go all-in on 5 star recruits and then target the best transfers.

Dang I hope DeShawn stays home

Back
Top Bottom