The College Basketball Post

They are on Twitter saying Duke doesn’t recruit the portal because the university’s transfer acceptance rate is on par with MIT’s

Idk how you do it bro woody2626 woody2626

Can’t discredit UCLA basketball when they where fielding black players in the 50s, 60s, etc.

Those southern schools didn’t integrate until the 1960s/70s. That type of stuff matters.

UCLA lost dominance after other segregated universities (especially in the south) decided to integrate. Duke didn’t start winning until they recruited black players.

Indiana also had the UCLA formula until other teams caught on…. They matter

We all know sports history across the United States would’ve been completely different if black people were allowed to compete from jump.

Talking about tournament expansion, Kansas and Kentucky have at least 6 champions from the 40s and 50s that they recognize and black players weren’t even allowed to play during those eras.

Can’t have the “Wooden Award” without John Wooden who was the first to really start fully integrated teams

Last edited:
They are on Twitter saying Duke doesn’t recruit the portal because the university’s transfer acceptance rate is on par with MIT’s

It is true that it's harder for certain schools to accept transfers as upperclassmen

That was the Love to Michigan issue and allegedly what kept Knecht to UNC from happening

With that said Duke is a private school. I'd think there's less hurdles to jump through if they wanted to make exceptions

Not trying to be a jerk but how will the NIL money help when recruiting has never been Cal’s problem? His teams seemed to have more than enough talent to win.

Udeh couldn’t get in last year which is why he ended up at tcu.

Mgbako couldn’t come due to grades which is why he ended up at IU.

They’ll be going after guys who want to win and be fine with their role. I’ve been in Pinehurst since Sunday so missed a lot of the news.

Proctor expected back to Duke now. Roach 50/50 now

I guess Scott Drew is pretty much the only option for Kentucky at this point. And he might as well take it after 20 years at Baylor because I don't think he can accomplish much more there.

Sounds like Drew is taking the UK job if his family is comfortable with the move. Family flew in to Lexington and back to Texas today.

Back
Top Bottom