The Combat Jack Show Thread

Indeed, now it's so many podcast I can pick and choose. I don't have to depend on Combat or Juan being good every week.

I sort of hate they released it today, Wednesday is normally my Tax and Joe day.

I havent listened to a rap radar podcast yet because i really dont like Elliot or Bdot but somehow they get all the guests :smh:

Man I hate listening to rap radar
I be wanting to punch them to dudes in the mouth
I can't really explain why
And they d ride Jay so hard it annoying

:lol:

The funny thing is you call Jay a snake, but more people think of Nas in that way.

I was thinking that when Nore and Joe were talking about Nas.

Last edited:
Combat with another wack show. There's been a lot of episodes of his I haven't listened to this year.

I'm sure he's going to let the white dude get the N word pass again :rolleyes

Super wack show, dude wasn't even prepared for the interview. Like typical combat not fact checking multiple things. Show is wack, crazy how Joe's podcast is way more entertaining.

This rapradar cast with Biggs might be interesting, will see.

Biggs interview was okay. Mostly talked about his clothing line coming out. A couple Roc stories but not enough. Disappointed by it.

They brought Dame and Jay up a few times, he said he's talked to them both and they're cool. Didn't really go into detail too much. Seems real private. He also mentioned he's run into Kanye and it's all love with all of them.

They asked all the questions I wanted to know, but they seemed scared of him, in some way. Biggs was way more talkative than I would have thought (actually don't think I knew what he even sounded like) and seemed willing to answer whatever, but they just let him answer and said "cool" or "wow."

My main problem with them is that they don't know how to have a conversation. A they have the questions they want to ask and seem like they're just going down the list.

So is this the offical podcast thread too. Main 3 I listen to are Brilliant Idiots, Rap Radar, and Nore. Depending on the guest, Combat Jack, any other suggestions. Is Taxstone legit?

So is this the offical podcast thread too. Main 3 I listen to are Brilliant Idiots, Rap Radar, and Nore. Depending on the guest, Combat Jack, any other suggestions. Is Taxstone legit?

Right now I listen to Joe, and tax weekly (Nore will be added to this eventually)

I listen to Lip service also but depending on who is there sometimes i dont listen to the whole thing.

Combat and Juan Epstein if they have a guest im interested in and people in here recommend it ill check it out.

Bodega boyz ive check out a few but im not 100% sold on it.

This is the list I've compiled so far, based on what I listen to and what everybody likes in here:

Ice T: Final Level Podcast
Nore & DJ EFN: Drink Champs Podcast
Brilliant Idiots
Combat Jack Show
Bodega Boys
Rap Radar Podcast
Tax Season
Juan Epstein
The Cipher
Open Mike Eagle: Secret Skin Podcast
Shots Fired
Lip Service
I'll Name This Podcast Later
A Waste of Time Podcast
I Am Rapaport

I'll be hyperlinking with soundcloud links and maybe a must listen episode so people can sample each of them. I need everybody's help!

In addition to the ones you named, those are the ones I'm compiling for the list that'll be on the 1st page.

Last edited:
How's The Cipher and Shots Fired?

A lot of us also listen to Joe Budden's I'll Name This Podcast Later. Hopefully the delay means he'll be up there this week.

Too many men guest on Lip Service. I saw they are having Murda and Maino up there. I might try to give that a listen.

I didn't know Rocawear was out before Sean John

This is the list I've compiled so far, based on what I listen to and what everybody likes in here:

Ice T: Final Level Podcast
Nore & DJ EFN: Drink Champs Podcast
Brilliant Idiots
Combat Jack Show
Bodega Boys
Rap Radar Podcast
Tax Season
Juan Epstein
The Cipher
Open Mike Eagle: Secret Skin Podcast
Shots Fired
Lip Service

I'll be hyperlinking with soundcloud links and maybe a must listen episode so people can sample each of them. I need everybody's help!

In addition to the ones you named, those are the ones I'm compiling for the list that'll be on the 1st page.

Thanks FAM!!! Def Repped, Just was not sure if this was the place to talk about the podcast, guess it is!

A Waste Of Time Podcast is also a pretty dope podcast, you get the hiphop interviews but they bring a personalty that isn't there in other podcast, they also bring in a lot of behind the scenes guys.

Thanks FAM!!! Def Repped, Just was not sure if this was the place to talk about the podcast, guess it is!

I think it's safe to call this the rap/"urban" podcast thread lol. You'll have enough content to last you for months

How's The Cipher and Shots Fired?

A lot of us also listen to Joe Budden's I'll Name This Podcast Later. Hopefully the delay means he'll be up there this week.

Too many men guest on Lip Service. I saw they are having Murda and Maino up there. I might try to give that a listen.

I didn't know Rocawear was out before Sean John

The Cipher is dope! I only recently checked it when the host interviewed Phonte (my favorite rapper). I went back and checked some old episodes and he's very informed and the production is dope, he has a lot of guests you haven't heard on other podcasts. Shots Fired has been more sporadic recently, but they have a lot of underground guests. Don't know if you read a lot of rap blogs, but Jeff Weiss from Passion of the Weiss is the host along with Nocando who's a well known underground/battle rapper from LA.

A Waste Of Time Podcast is also a pretty dope podcast, you get the hiphop interviews but they bring a personalty that isn't there in other podcast, they also bring in a lot of behind the scenes guys.

Good look, I listen to that and forgot to add it.

Last edited:
I have seen Shots Fired with a lot of different guest, but they never appealed to me enough to subscribe

I just subscribed to The Cipher, I'll check it out. I see they've had Paris, Masta Ace, K-Def, 45 King.... They have a lot of guest. First time I've heard of it, and they've existed for four years.

I have been listening to The Cipher for a couple years now back when it was Rap Genius. It's more for the Hip Hop culture nerd. No comedy or anything like that just real in depth conversations with a lot of people affiliated with the culture. 

I think Ice-T podcast is very slept on. I would also add the I Am Rapaport podcast from Michael Rapaport to that list. It's a good listen as well. 

Last edited:
I have been listening to The Cipher for a couple years now back when it was Rap Genius. It's more for the Hip Hop culture nerd. No comedy or anything like that just real in depth conversations with a lot of people affiliated with the culture. 

I think Ice-T podcast is very slept on. I would also add the I Am Rapaport podcast from Michael Rapaport to that list. It's a good listen as well. 

Yeah, a lot of people sleep on it. I actually like his "interviews" the best, because they're more like conversations

tax live show ep was horrible

holy ****

boy way too fond of himself

Yeah, I think that might be his downfall. He thinks he's superman, and his popularity seems to be going to his head.

Like Niko Miko or whatever her name is trying to claim credit for her husbands contract. She's not the one out there risking CTE.

Yeah Tax definitely thinks he's more poppin than he is, and dudes like Combat and Charlemagne stay suckin him talking like he's the #1 voice of the streets or something. His whole schtick is getting repetitive

Yeah, a lot of people sleep on it. I actually like his "interviews" the best, because they're more like conversations

Added I Am Rapaport, I actually need to subscribe to that. I enjoy hearing him when he hops on Bill Simmons podcast. Ice T's show is great, his chemistry with Mick Benzo is hilarious. The format is dope too, having the different topics with the guest before actually getting to the "interview" portion. And we're always guaranteed to get a good story from back in the day with Ice.

I listened to the Statik Selektah interview on Combat Jack Show and Biggs on Rap Radar. Statik said he was losing his voice and sounded like Just Blaze, Biggs sounds like Dame. :lol:

Good to hear Biggs' story

Back
Top Bottom