The Combat Jack Show Thread

Nothing was going on with them, that’s the thing. Crook and Joel could’ve dropped a project without “killing” Slaughterhouse, but they know that they wouldn’t get any buzz.

the Slaughterhouse thing plays out like this, that group was assembled the way it was because somebody wasn't going to deliver to their fullest potential. I don't know who assembled it, but we'll say Em came in and took over the vocal leadership role on the business side. Cool, that way he can pop in and out of the group himself and handpick one of the individuals to work with who will make the best album with him, he chose Royce. They went what 2X plat, alright why is everybody salty, y'all didnt have solo careers before Slaughterhouse???

Nothing was going on with them, that’s the thing. Crook and Joel could’ve dropped a project without “killing” Slaughterhouse, but they know that they wouldn’t get any buzz.

This is it, both were releasing solo projects without buzz, but they knew they would get buzz from this. They knew Royce and Joe wouldn't have been cool with it and did it anyway. In a way Royce should have ignored it, because Joe and Royce are helping market it.

Joe's Friday the 13th analogy :rofl:

Actually listened to the Patreon Episode & it was a pretty good argument. Both sides had a point but i think Joe's initial point was getting overlooked.

Ish & Surf were stuck on perception dictating a lot in business, which is true. I think Joe's bigger argument is that at those high levels (multimillion dollar/billion dollar deals) those execs dgaf if your clean cut with a great image or someone with a few incidents & a "bad" reputation.... either way a lot of them still view you as beneath or inferior which i completely agree with.

From the small clip of them arguing, it seems as though Ish and Surf think because you’re allows into a space to do business then you can’t be looked down upon. I think Joe was saying that yes, they are in those spaces but our legends aren’t looked at/presented as they should be.

From the small clip of them arguing, it seems as though Ish and Surf think because you’re allows into a space to do business then you can’t be looked down upon. I think Joe was saying that yes, they are in those spaces but our legends aren’t looked at/presented as they should be.

Yea oretty much sums up the argument.

To be fair Ish & Surf both said they didn't take being accepted into those rooms as a show of respect or equality. They just don't agree that in business Your owed anything off of good faith & what you've done.

They also harped in on your perception in hiphop being a big difference maker in what deals your involved in & what partnerships you have.

Game on Drink Champs, this should be good from
The name drops, beefs, and outlandish made uo stories like Michael Jackson telling him to end beef with 50 lol

In the clip he says Ye did more for him in 2 weeks than Dre did his whole career. Must forgot Dre gave him documentary and the look. Hope Nore ask about him smashing Kim K

Game on Drink Champs, this should be good from
The name drops, beefs, and outlandish made uo stories like Michael Jackson telling him to end beef with 50 lol

In the clip he says Ye did more for him in 2 weeks than Dre did his whole career. Must forgot Dre gave him documentary and the look. Hope Nore ask about him smashing Kim K

He forget he been name droppin Dre for like a decade?

Checked out Dame on Unc Shay pod.

It was good, Dame always has a great message but his a-hole and somewhat bitter delivery, will always make ya roll your eyes and I could Tell Unc was getting little upset to get answers out of Dame. Dame was throwing them drinks back tho.

Im not black but how do black folks feel when Dame has a great message, he all about helping and working with people that look like him, that are the culture…but then you see Dame’s girl/recent baby mom is the most hipster white girl you ever seen, do you roll your eyes or let that man cook!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom