The Combat Jack Show Thread

I just went to Joe's twitter and he said we're getting an episode tomorrow. Looks like he's moving to Thursday's instead of Wednesday's.

I have no idea why, but I'm looking forward to it. I've had to fill in their slot with Marc Maron and How stuff works eps these last 2 weeks.

This 40 Oz van episode was super dope. Combat made it clear at the beginning of the year that his podcast wasn't just gonna involve rappers but instead people who are affecting the culture. 40 Oz & Dev with the 40 Oz bounce, the collabs etc etc are one of the few cats who are actually making moves in NYC and trying to preserve atleast a lil of the energy that is quickly evaporating from this city.

Shyne on Rap Radar

Apparently him and Diddy are good again. The interview would have probably been better if they weren't.

ctg and shultz were really chris breezy with the dance moves on this ep lol

they mentioned the troy ave **** and kept acting like they didn't know what it was over

schultz alluded to it but ctg cut em off

ctg even mentioned he talked to troys people and he still acting dumb but I respect it

Last edited:
This 40 Oz van episode was super dope. Combat made it clear at the beginning of the year that his podcast wasn't just gonna involve rappers but instead people who are affecting the culture. 40 Oz & Dev with the 40 Oz bounce, the collabs etc etc are one of the few cats who are actually making moves in NYC and trying to preserve atleast a lil of the energy that is quickly evaporating from this city.
its not about it not involving rappers , its about the guest just not really being that interesting at all . and then you have mayhem lauren twice ? nah . ill give a try but his interviews have been like nails on a chalkboard lately
Shyne on Rap Radar

Apparently him and Diddy are good again. The interview would have probably been better if they weren't.
i expected it to be dull and ended up not wanting to interrupt the interview at all . i was a huge shyne fan so i could be biased but i thought this one was one of the better podcast ep's I've heard all week 

they mentioned the troy ave **** and kept acting like they didn't know what it was over

ctg even mentioned he talked to troys people and he still acting dumb but I respect it
schultz had me going 
mean.gif
 the entire interview . when he did that gorilla joke i knew it HAD to be going all downhill from there 

extremely poor taste even for him 

^^^

it was funny cause ctg was insulted by the email but schultz said something worse right after

I do agree with his stance on the zoo situation tho, it shouldn't be easy to go chill with gorillas because you might as well be in the jungle if there's no safety

Last edited:

I knew they wouldn't touch on Tax's involvement. Gotta protect their interests and Ctg always saving face. When Tax first dos TBI, the Troy slander was present but C kept it light. It's because of him that Tax has a platform. That same platform is what Tax has been using to fly off about Troy, Math, Cam, Pac, etc. I knew dudes wouldn't be ballsy enough to mention Tax being the alleged catalyst :smh:

Joe is killing me with the Drake/Jay talk.

And I didn't get the one sided Troy Ave lecture. Troy Ave was there to perform, so why are you acting like he shouldn't have been there. Both Maino and Troy Ave are cool with TI, and it's in New York. Rory seemed like he wanted to stay out of it. I think he thought he was going to mention the Tax rumors at first. But still how to you condemn someone for a situation that's in the heat of the moment without knowing all the facts.

He might be losing me as listener soon.

Just like I mentioned in the other thread I mentioned when they did the gossip about Troy Ave yesterday on TBC they mentioned Maino and totally left out the Tax rumors. Then included I don't think Maino was involved blah blah. You can tell they purposely did that. It's like they were reading the rumors from Saturday. You would think it happen in Los Angeles and not New York the way they covered it.

Tax seems to be getting Karen Civil treatment. Hot 97 can't mention him, because they will accuse Ebro of being petty and he could open himself up to a lawsuit. And he has enough friends over at Power.

Did they even discuss Schultz views in "gangster rap?" Didn't think they'd go in depth with the Ave situation. Schultz kept getting rt'd on my timeline when he went in on his violence only happens at rap concerts spiel, but that was before the internetz knew Tax was allegedly involved.

Schulz attempted to clear it up, but it was backtracking from something he could've been more careful about in the first place. Like I've said before, I don't believe dude is a racist. But you can tell he's incredibly naive and walks around with this air of comfortability when discussing race because he's from NY and grew up with diversity. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he doesn't know when to reel it in at times and kill the bs "I grew up with black people and we were all equal since I never judged them based on their skin". Like fam, it's cool that you don't judge black people, but open your eyes and see that the world is bigger than Manhattan.

Lmao fam why would you go on air and promote a "rumor" "AKA one post made on social media... that could send your friend away to jail if true. we KNOW from the NYPD that Troy is being charged so they talked about it. WHy would these platforms that Average 50K plus viewers add fire to allegations that have no merrit as of now?

i mean the source of this rumor comes from the "supposed" brother of banga, who is a anti gang activist.... who saw it all go down, but somehow the NYPD still has no interest in TAX :smh: . All bias aside does this sound reasonable

Yeah by speaking on this all Tax would do is implicate himself.

Why would he do that dumb *** **** :lol:?

Hypothetically if he was involved, he's playing it perfectly.

:lol: You clearly don't listen to TBI often. CTG has gone on that podcast and has spoken about his own past dealings, the doings of his friends, etc. Son calls his own body guard a sex offender every chance he gets. Dude has the stigma of being "chatty patty". Discussing the allegation of Tax's involvement is not as off base as you make it out to be.

:lol: You clearly don't listen to TBI often. CTG has gone on that podcast and has spoken about his own past dealings, the doings of his friends, etc. Son calls his own body guard a sex offender every chance he gets. Dude has the stigma of being "chatty patty". Discussing the allegation of Tax's involvement is not as off base as you make it out to be.

Yes things that were done in the past, He's usually joking with Wax... This tax situation is 100% different because it's still in process and the last thing you want to do is a fan a rumor that pins a murder on a predicate felon that your cool with.

I get that. It's like I said, dude has his own interests to protect. I think that factor plays into the decision to keep quiet about it. Dude's not just doing it out of loyalty to a guy he's friends with.

Lmao fam why would you go on air and promote a "rumor" "AKA one post made on social media... that could send your friend away to jail if true. we KNOW from the NYPD that Troy is being charged so they talked about it. WHy would these platforms that Average 50K plus viewers add fire to allegations that have no merrit as of now?

i mean the source of this rumor comes from the "supposed" brother of banga, who is a anti gang activist.... who saw it all go down, but somehow the NYPD still has no interest in TAX :smh: . All bias aside does this sound reasonable

because it's the "rumor" report and they speak on rumors. :lol:

Why bring Maino up, if you already know he wasn't involved? So it's ok to bring Maino up? That totally contradicts your point. Especially when the police already ruled out Maino days before you got to the story.

They have no problem reporting on rumors of anything else.

because it's the "rumor" report and they speak on rumors. :lol:

Why bring Maino up, if you already know he wasn't involved? So it's ok to bring Maino up? That totally contradicts your point. Especially when the police already ruled out Maino days before you got to the story.

They have no problem reporting on rumors of anything else.

Maino was originally implicated by the NYPD, & several news outlets posted his name in regards to the situation (horrible reporting BTW). They were slandering Maino's name on cable news network. SO his "rumored" involvement was well knows, you also throw in the fact that he's a pretty visible rapper who has platinum singles under his belt & has been shown in the media as a violent rapper (Him & uncle murda video got much discussion on news outlets) . So add those two things together of course they have to discuss that it's a known widescale story. They also reported that Maino was innocent and had no involvement.

Tax on the other hand has never had his name mentioned in these news reports, isn't half as known as Maino, hasn't been implicated by NYPD... the sole basis of this "rumor" comes from a IG post of a story & a video where you can't make out a single person in the scuffle.

So it would be stupid and extremely reckless to start throwing his name out in rumors, when as of now the rumor has very little merit outside of some social media accounts and message boards.

^exactly, I don't know why people can't understand that. Tax was never mentioned, and was never seen on tape. It's pretty simple.

I can get with that logic. Thinking retrospectively, I can't remember reading a credible source that stated he was confirmed to have been in attendance. Just gotta wait to see how it plays out I guess.

All of this is understandable, but by the time they reported it on Wednesday, the NYPD had already said Maino wasn't involved by Monday.

They could have referred to the story with just Troy's involvement. Don't have it in the rumors section at all.

Again, it is the rumor report. They talk about who is rumored to be dating who, who is rumored to be beefing. No facts needed, just what people are talking about and the whole internet is talking about Tax's involvement.

Its pretty weird that the day of the incident pretty much the entire internet knew tax was involved, yet the cops have yet to at least name him as a person of interest. In this age of camera phones and social media I'd be dumbfounded if they couldn't pin something on tax and his boy.

Back
Top Bottom