The Combat Jack Show Thread

I think without Spaceghost it cost more for the show now, so Math cuts corners on paying the co-host which is a mistake. He dangles money like a carrot. You'll get it eventually. Just hang in there. He deems them replaceable and thinks it's about him. The more you watch, the more people develop roles. Like Mecca is the knowledgeable one. Champ is the likeable one. Bigga was the religious one. Esso is the annoying one. You might not like a particular one, but you like somebody to keep you coming back. The issue is Math, he's the one nobody cares about or for. How many are coming for him? At least with Joe, he has a Floyd thing where he's unlikable for some, but they will still watch for him to fail or be mad at.

When they had shows on topics and didn't have guest, who cared about Math's opinion on anything? Do we care about Math's opinion on Drake's album? Do we care about Math's opinion on what Meek is going through? Puff? I come from Combat, so I liked it when they had barbershop conversations with guest didn't show up with Dallas, Pete, Ben...Just. Because for the most part I liked them as people. Math is the least interesting one on his own show, but wants all the credit. Dude needs to check his ego.

That's why Math needs to fix this ****. He wants to be somebody, and the credit, but it really isn't him. Not everyone is a star, some people move behind the scenes with their idea.

math wasn’t paying em before ghost left, that’s actually why he left

ms fit
hip hop (or whatever his name is that does battlerap interviews)
ghost
esso
hynaken
bigga
dza
champ
the other smack dvd rapper, I forgot his name

and many others that were people who stopped by like mickey factz are all gone

math wasn’t paying em before ghost left, that’s actually why he left

ms fit
hip hop (or whatever his name is that does battlerap interviews)
ghost
esso
hynaken
bigga
dza
champ
the other smack dvd rapper, I forgot his name

and many others that were people who stopped by like mickey factz are all gone

and it's everybody but Math

Ice keep talking like he 28 or something. He said Nelly had the advantage of the internet when he was coming up. :lol:

What internet in 99-2001??

It was out there, because you had Napster, LimeWire, bit torrents that released around that time....but it wasn't popular like that at first

I can't even take him serious discussing music since he's never heard The Infamous. He sounded silly trying to say it's harder now.. It's known acts now "selling" 20, 30,000 in their first week and are getting second and third chances at albums and are able to continue putting out music. You sold 20,000 in 2003, you would have been working a regular job in 2004.

Royce was joking him and his choice of music on Saturday and he said he does have a balance, he listens to Chris :stoneface:

VLAD hating on Shannon Sharpe hard as **** :lol:

It’s kinda crazy what a little bit of success does. Then using the Shannon-Steve Stoute interview for content :lol:

He was hating hard. It's an easy formula. :lol:

and Bernie Mack doesn't have a stand up? Nobody knows Faizon from comedy, we know him from movies. Bernie was known from Def Comedy Jam and his comedy before he transitioned to movies. Same with Chris Tucker. I don't even consider Faizon a comedian. Does Faizon tour doing comedy clubs? I've never seen him be funny, other than something like Elf or Friday.

and he's trying to play the algorithm game to be recommended after people watch Shannon.

VLAD hating on Shannon Sharpe hard as **** :lol:

It’s kinda crazy what a little bit of success does. Then using the Shannon-Steve Stoute interview for content :lol:

Vlad been sneak hating on Unc more than the other people low key. Since the Katt interview I think he’s dropped like 50 videos with Katt’s name on the title. He’s definitely salty someone that’s been at it less time than him caught that super viral moment.

Vlad been sneak hating on Unc more than the other people low key. Since the Katt interview I think he’s dropped like 50 videos with Katt’s name on the title. He’s definitely salty someone that’s been at it less time than him caught that super viral moment.

He's upset because he can't use the I had this many views argument he used to try and pull. People can go Shannon got that with one video.

Now he's trying to do the OG thing and I've been doing this, even though it's been a thing and he just helped popularize it on YouTube. That's why a lot of dudes(Fendi, French, Sub 0...) with the street DVD's missed out on doing it on YouTube. Someone like Choke No Joke also. Doggie and MReck did it to a degree with ForbezDVD, but they should have been chopping up everything and selling it and then uploading it after a certain period of time.

Like I said, VLAD isn’t a sports fan. He doesn’t understand that Shannon is an all-time NFL great.

Shannon’s had fans since the 90s. And always had a personality. I’m so glad Shannon is shaking the game up. I love competition.

Vlad can’t put no **** on Shannon’s name. Shannon been had millions before podding. So VLAD can’t attack him with the money angle.!Is a hall of famer and one of the most recognizable NFL players of the 90s and 2000s, even for casual football fans.

As we say in the hood, he can’t do s*** with Shannon

Last edited:
It was out there, because you had Napster, LimeWire, bit torrents that released around that time....but it wasn't popular like that at first

I can't even take him serious discussing music since he's never heard The Infamous. He sounded silly trying to say it's harder now.. It's known acts now "selling" 20, 30,000 in their first week and are getting second and third chances at albums and are able to continue putting out music. You sold 20,000 in 2003, you would have been working a regular job in 2004.

Royce was joking him and his choice of music on Saturday and he said he does have a balance, he listens to Chris :stoneface:

106th and Park debuted summer of 2000. TRL debuted in 1998. Rap City started in 89 but got big with Joe Clair in 94, then took off in 98/99 with Big Tigga.

Nelly wasn’t a product of the internet. Ice just wasn’t outside, as ya’ll say.

Country grammar was played allllllll summer 2000. That song was on TV and radio. It took off with 106, TRL and rap city as I stated. Especially 106 and TRL. They spammed the hell out of “country grammar”. Song was catchy as hell and the video was hard

That song and album bubbled organically. No one had ever really heard St Louis rap put on that way.

The internet wasn’t breaking dudes until like after the 2009/2010 IMO.

Soulja Boy kind of started it in 2006 but nelly and the st lunatics still was a grassroots movement.

The internet ain’t break nelly.

Tip Drill and hot in here were huge from radio and TV as well. Especially BET uncut

Last edited:

We know it was Napster but it wasn't no social media where a _ in STL can upload his music and get views from millions of people. That's the Internet Ice was saying. You needed radio and video play up until like 06-07.

Ice older than me and he always sound like he new to hip hop. Dude probably started buying CD's and really got into it in his 20's.

A lot of them dudes was mad that Shannon was #1 on that complex list back in December I think. Then the Katt interview sent _'s over the edge.

You can see the jealousy on Stephen Jackson :lol:

The way Stephen Jackson was slouched in his seat :lol: :lol: true hater

DFB8A856-EFDA-4FF1-AF48-FF049732D781.gif

We know it was Napster but it wasn't no social media where a _ in STL can upload his music and get views from millions of people. That's the Internet Ice was saying. You needed radio and video play up until like 06-07.

Ice older than me and he always sound like he new to hip hop. Dude probably started buying CD's and really got into it in his 20's.

I think Ice was talking about message boards and AIM, but MySpace didn't start until a little later.

What Ice is talking about had an impact on music, but it's not the music he's talking about and he listened too.

The underground scene is different from the popular music Ice was referring too.

Back
Top Bottom