The Combat Jack Show Thread

Ebro made a great face when Ryan Leslie explained how to turn 300 fans into a 16k check

lol

Last edited:
I don't even think the Gates interview got that heated. Sounded like great conversation to me. The whole interview was great.

Combat/Pete both stated that it actually did. Obviously there's no cameras but they were staring each other down near the end over that penitentiary rules argument :lol:

Yeah, I finally listened to the DJ Quik interview, and it was almost an hour of nothing. It started off strong, then went left. They didn't have enough follow up questions with the MC Eight beef.

About halfway through the JD Combat one.

And I feel the same way JD does, if you didn't experience hip hop in the late 80's to early 90's you missed out.

The JD interview was good.

I think he's underrated. I always got the feeling he got treated by people as a down south Puff, so he was dismissed as not really being talented. Not realizing he actually writes and makes beats. You saw a lot of that during the Juan Epstein discussion. Plus he never had an artist for dudes. Puff had Biggie, The Lox, G Dep, and Black Rob. JD had Kriss Kross, Da Brat, Xscape, Bow Wow, Jagged Edge and people like Usher and Mariah Carey. If JD had a TI or Jeezy his legacy would have been totally different.

A lot of it stems from them having so many similarities, from starting out as dancers, the labels, trying to rap and J Lo/Janet Jackson.

The difference is I think Puff had that Harlem in him, and JD was more motivated by a love of music.

Last edited:
Was listening to the episode as I was going to get my computer fixed at the apple store. Guess who I see in the sotre, J.D.

Should be tomorrow. I guess I'll finish off this Def Jam 30 Juan Epstein about nothing until then.

Back
Top Bottom