The Cool Kids - Before S#1T Got Weird (Triple Album) Out Now!

Sir Michael Rocks' accounts allegedly got hacked (probably trolling tbh) and the hackers leaked this mixtape:

Way too much funny voice ****, its still early but I'm only ****ing with like 4 songs not counting bag emoji which is pretty old

Way too much funny voice ****, its still early but I'm only ****ing with like 4 songs not counting bag emoji which is pretty old
Just finished listening and he really ruined some good beats with the autotune.

Honestly I'm wondering if this tape was a joke since all his fans always want him to release a Lap of Lux/older sound so he may have just took elements from those like autotune, money references, etc. and used them to the point of parody. He even mentioned this tape had some of that old sound fans wanted and teased dropping it a while back. Kind of goes to show what his solo career's been like post-Banco since you can't tell if he's experimenting with sounds or trolling. |l

Just finished listening and he really ruined some good beats with the autotune.

Honestly I'm wondering if this tape was a joke since all his fans always want him to release a Lap of Lux/older sound so he may have just took elements from those like autotune, money references, etc. and used them to the point of parody. He even mentioned this tape had some of that old sound fans wanted and teased dropping it a while back. Kind of goes to show what his solo career's been like post-Banco since you can't tell if he's experimenting with sounds or trolling. |l
Yeah some of these joints he's not even using words, just carrying tunes, I finished and agree some of these beats are really good but he just ****ed them up. I remember him getting pissed at fans after Banco came out because all the **** after that till his reunion with Chuck was not liked by his fanbase. He said on twitter "Yall know all I was talking about on those tapes was scamming right?", he started spending too much time with them super out their sound cloud kids with anime avatars and his music started to suffer for it.

This was probably stuff he made before Special Edition Grandmaster Deluxe but he was afraid to release it now cause he know we not trying to hear that **** after how he was spitting on that album.

Overall the project's pretty good, definitely a step up from his recent projects (last projects might be more fitting). Feels like a completed/focused project for the first time in a while. At the same time feel like he could've done more with the broken window of opportunity theme, but maybe I just didn't listen closely enough on my first listen through.

Feel like he's been rapping about pain in his life a lot more...a lot less lighthearted, feeling-good music. Honestly wonder what's been going on in his personal life, he's kind of fallen off the grid.

Cool Kids x Cardo Got Wings.png

Thankfully not an April Fools' joke

Before S#1t Got Weird (Part 1)

The Cool Kids Part 1 Cover.jpg

The Cool Kids Part 1 1.jpg

The Cool Kids Part 1 2.jpg

Before S#1t Got Weird (Part 2: Baby Oil Staircase/Part 3: Chillout)

The Cool Kids Part 2 and 3 Cover.jpg

Cool Kids Part 2 and 3.jpg

This album came out at just the right time. Will be playing it most of the summer. Not sure why but the album I purchased doesnt include the skits

Last edited:
New album is dope as hell. Production is ridiculous!
Love that there were tracks with that original Cool Kids throwback sound with some modern twists. This is the best stuff they've put out in a long time and probably their best album album ever.
This album came out at just the right time. Will be playing it most of the summer. Not sure why but the album I purchased doesnt include the skits
Album name was appropriate considering the times and their own status (label disputes, lack of staying power, etc. ) as a duo. They've always had good summer music so will as well. Some skits were funny, but there were also a lot (which was likely intentional to their vision of the album as a movie), so I'm pretty indifferent on them. Strange they weren't included for you.

Back
Top Bottom