The "DAMN I remember them!!!" Vintage Nike Thread!!!

I'm a sucker for red.  What can I say.
happy.gif
  I have no KDs or Lebrons either.  I like KD but don't like his kicks and Lebron is ok but I don't like his kicks either especially for their $200 price tag.  I despise Kobe and wouldn't wear anything affiliated with him.  Great player, actually Great scorer and a douchebag human being.
About the red man, I personally think the Air Maestro ll (aka Pippen AllStar) is the best red shoe ever made, if for some magical reason Nike decide to retro it in its original full grain leather form, I will go crazy over it.

For the rest, again I can't agree more with you, I guess we are the old dudes around here. Will not buy any of the plastic, gimmicky, ugly, no history or nostalgia affiliated kicks that Nike is making for those 3 players and blasting us every year with higher and higher prices. But buyers like us are minority, kids will still spend their money on that trash.

Last edited:
I wish I could say the sneaker culture is getting back to its roots, but I think its going in the other direction and away from people like me that aren't into hype, exclusivity and $. where it ends up who knows, but when it get there we wont recognize it anymore.

~~OG Air Sig Player Golds
This shoes outsole shape made them kinda roll happy. They did " mold " better than most foams tho.  They were excellent at producing that tingling big toe foams were so great at making back then.

When foam material is used as an excuse for higher prices, i look back at these as a reason to call ducktales.  

These actually looked and felt like wearing a nerf football

Primo you are correct but let me say this yea the kids focus on the jordan,foams,and other hype kicks and nike are retroing kicks that the quality is crap trust me i coped  those vac tech barkleys a year ago but i got a question for you and my question is what you think the sneaker culture is heading becaus i beleve its gonna get worse in 2014 thats just my opinion
It will only continue to get worse.  From the hype to the quality to the prices and to the limited amounts more and more people will resell and die over sneakers. 

About the red man, I personally think the Air Maestro ll (aka Pippen AllStar) is the best red shoe ever made, if for some magical reason Nike decide to retro it in its original full grain leather form, I will go crazy over it.

For the rest, again I can't agree more with you, I guess we are the old dudes around here. Will not buy any of the plastic, gimmicky, ugly, no history or nostalgia affiliated kicks that Nike is making for those 3 players and blasting us every year with higher and higher prices. But buyers like us are minority, kids will still spend their money on that trash.
wink.gif

Always liked these too.  Unfortunately this pair is too small for me.  Size 10.
frown.gif

Yep I'm a bitter old man.  I'm 35.  Lol.  I am though in a lot of ways but I guess being that I have seen 1st hand how much things have changed I have a right to be.  For me personally it's the quality of the retros that infuriates me more then anything else.  I mean Nike could release proper retros with good not even great quality and they just don't do it.  I mean not all are bad but like 95% are just awful.  Unfortunately I'm complaining about a war that I can't win because these young kids buy up these cheap retros because they think they are cool.  They have no idea that they are in fact a slap to the face of the OG.

Primo you are correct but let me say this yea the kids focus on the jordan,foams,and other hype kicks and nike are retroing kicks that the quality is crap trust me i coped  those vac tech barkleys a year ago but i got a question for you and my question is what you think the sneaker culture is heading becaus i beleve its gonna get worse in 2014 thats just my opinion
It will only continue to get worse.  From the hype to the quality to the prices and to the limited amounts more and more people will resell and die over sneakers. 

wink.gif

Always liked these too.  Unfortunately this pair is too small for me.  Size 10.
frown.gif

Yep I'm a bitter old man.  I'm 35.  Lol.  I am though in a lot of ways but I guess being that I have seen 1st hand how much things have changed I have a right to be.  For me personally it's the quality of the retros that infuriates me more then anything else.  I mean Nike could release proper retros with good not even great quality and they just don't do it.  I mean not all are bad but like 95% are just awful.  Unfortunately I'm complaining about a war that I can't win because these young kids buy up these cheap retros because they think they are cool.  They have no idea that they are in fact a slap to the face of the OG.
Lol it's crazy that you mention that, specifically for these shoes. I remember Scottie wearing these in the All Star game, but I also  remember one of my friends having these in 5th grade, and dude was one of the fastest people in the school. (You know, back when things like that mattered lol). Nostalgia is a crazy thing.

37 here. Just watching the pictures from the sneakercon NY and I am SMH, kids that are not even old enough to remember MJ playing, soccer moms with a lot of cash to spent for some spoiled brat so he can fit in, 90% of garbage sold for insane prices...Just sad.

You are right, things are getting worst, but we will have to live with it.

Turning 35...  

In canada wearing Jordans and such was rare in the 90's.

I distinctly remember being clowned  hard for jordans 11 and 12  back in grade 12. 

Moonboots was a common diss.

J's sat for months up here back then and HEAVY discounts were to be had Everytime.

fast forward

In 2001 while browsing this site i was made aware of lebron 1st games.

I got that shoe by walking into the nike store at 1 pm.

They died on the court that day, as i was not gonna wait no damn 2 months for the GR to drop. 

Me and the homies laughed at how id actually debuted LBJs first shoe before he did.

Their future value meant nothing to me. I was hyped to ball in a new shoe.

Fast forward till now.

Not only do items i was absolutely lambasted for sell out at retail but half the time  they don't even hit the shelf.

Since we lost the Grizzlies basketball participation took a dive in Vancouver

The super hype fashion kanye asap pharrel stans multiplied like wild fire tho.

Now im almost ashamed to like my shoes and try not to wear anything that will make another man come up and talk to me about fashion out of the blue.

I feel like the people who liked quality athletic shoes and sports  got buried beneath an avalanche of street wear people and fashionistas competing with one another .

Now boutique street fashionistas and selfie takers are so intertwined with SHOES that people tell me i dont understand sneaker head culture.

Add garbage quality and i have no problem buying some flight 90's instead of going through harassment to get 4's these days.

Anything limited or hyped is off my radar completely.

When i can get 5 pairs of zoom revis or 2k4's  at the outlets for less that 1 pair of Lebron 11 cdn retail, these new signature models are not even considered. 

Rept and yeah, thank God KW is now with Adidas, it was time to put an end to this Yeezy's crap going out of control. I can hear the cry of a million beasts :smile:

I honesty hope high fashion people  and kanye types succeed in their quest to make nike and basketball uncool in fashion.

It would  be like the time Baseball cards were really hot and then  over saturation and popularity made everything near worthless. 

Then the bottom fell out and the only people left were the ones WHO ACTUALLY loved baseball cards for being cards to begin with.

Laneys make me laugh the hardest. They couldnt give that shoe away when they dropped. 2 pairs were immediately tore up on the streets because at 29.99 they were the cheapest option i had.

All of us that was born in the late 60s to around 88 should know what ogs are or wear them because if yall around when the af1 hype and the material went down hill around 2003 or 2004 which brings us to today the kids really dont know any thing about great quality and history. will this hype thing died down idk time will tell and i really want it to die down to go back to what it was since 2008

I need help identifying a vintage shoe....it was a low top nike with a strap....the strap had 2 nike signs on it....I think there were only a couple color ways....but the pair I had were white with a green strap....the nike signs on the straps were black and white....they had to be from between 1990-1996. Please help....I can't even find a photo!! I'D APPRECIATE IT!!

Wild looking shoe there Supreme.  Not something I would rock but definitely different.

These aren't as old as most of the stuff I post but does anyone remember them?

along with powermatics... these i have been looking for for the longest man

I have like 3-4 pairs of them.  I think the colorways are a little different on each though.  The pair I posted is size 9. 
pics!?

man i would love to buy a pair off of you. but im a size 10. 9.5 the smallest

pics!?

man i would love to buy a pair off of you. but im a size 10. 9.5 the smallest
I know there is at least 1 size 10 in there but I'm not positive of the exact cw off hand.  I think they may be a little lighter silver with red accents.  They are in storage but I'll get some pics of them when I have time.

I know there is at least 1 size 10 in there but I'm not positive of the exact cw off hand.  I think they may be a little lighter silver with red accents.  They are in storage but I'll get some pics of them when I have time.
preciate it!!!

Back
Top Bottom