THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

From a GQ interview,

GQ: I remember one scene where we see his face covered in bandages, is this what you're referring to?
Lindy Hemming: Well, if you look at the film, unless they've cut it—and I'm sure they haven't—there's a whole early section for Tom Hardy where he's fighting and being taunted by people. He's got chains on him, and he's standing on a wooden thing while people are attacking him. And in that scene, he's wearing a much more ragged, primitive version of the mask.

GQ: I think that Bane scene must've been cut...
Lindy Hemming: Well that's an awful shame, but I suppose you have to cut things. I won't elaborate on it too much, because it isn't in the film, but there was another section that showed you why he had the mask and where it came from.

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/tv/...ackets-alfreds-old-man-arm.html#ixzz22o8ZJEVd

So there was more of a Bane backstory. Hopefully there'll be an extended cut release when it comes out. I'd love to see Bane's training and how he was beat up so badly.

So you're gonna backtrack and change your whole point? It's the end of the series. You don't spend time on new tangents at the end for nothing unless you're a **** and Damon Lindelof.
One of my personal issues with TDKR, is that there was no real tension in the film, considering how by obvious the plot was. He's saying he wished there was more to the Blake character, I can't disagree. The second you realized he'd been on screen a little too long and had a few too many lines than you'd expect, you knew there'd be a twist involving him and though it's fitting and makes sense, you can't get mad at someone holding out hope that Blake wouldn't turn out to be the most obvious thing he could be.
The way they revealed who he was and that last shot of him in the cave were both well done and JGL did a great job, but especially after him using orphan logic to figure out who Batman was and getting as much or more screen time than Alfred or Gordon, it wasn't handled that smoothly...but you're probably right. Nolan is Jesus, no room to scrutinize or nitpick.
I'm glad you're good at reading comprehension because I clearly said I'll take back a portion of what I originally said.  Didn't know I wasn't allowed to do that. 

You had issues with the film, I didn't.  No need to get yourself all worked up because of a different viewpoint. 

Nolan had his vision for the franchise and did a damn good job. 

You're well within your rights to scrutinize or nitpick.  That being said, I'll keep an eye out for your adaptation of the series when it hits the big screen. 

I love this film basically because of the messages and questions it brings to rise... so to speak

The world is at a point now where revolution is rumbling there is a clear disconnect btwn the Elite & the rest. This movie however raises the question of what happens if those elites were taken out of power and subdued, if all of the police force that many people complain about were rendered useless.

What would stop others (In this Case Bane) from becoming a tyrant after promising the people better lives?

Bane himself says he rose from the darkness, from the bottom obviously being shunned from society. Causing his ideals to be real vigilant compared to those of the elite, The elite wanted to keep up this masquerade this sense of hope for the people in order to continue there lifestyles. Bane gave them brief hope with the intention of destroying them all, It was like he knew that nowhere could ever really have justice unless being completely rebuilt.

Nolans films have really put emphasis on the average persons psyche and view of how things are suppose to be. The average humans ability to act on their thoughts

Saw it again last night with my brother....I've seen TDK and TDKR twice at the show. To me TDK still had me more satisfied after seeing it the second time.

still enjoyed it TDKR though, that scene when Bane F'd up Mr Wayne still is one of the best scenes to me imo. All the way to when he takes him to his jail.

Quality acting all around. I may be biased but TDK has more replay value because of better quality villains and the great acting jobs by Heath Ledger and Aaron Ekhart.

Can't wait for the trilogy blu-ray set. A. Must. Cop.

Oh and anyone notice that was Hines Ward running in the football scene? I'm pretty sure it was him....kinda cool.

Last edited:
I wAs thinking when the lady said something about real name that "**** Grayson" would of been used.
Way more cooler. Why name him Robin :lol:

Saw it again last night with my brother....I've seen TDK and TDKR twice at the show. To me TDK still had me more satisfied after seeing it the second time.
still enjoyed it TDKR though, that scene when Bane F'd up Mr Wayne still is one of the best scenes to me imo. All the way to when he takes him to his jail.
Quality acting all around. I may be biased but TDK has more replay value because of better quality villains and the great acting jobs by Heath Ledger and Aaron Ekhart.
Can't wait for the trilogy blu-ray set. A. Must. Cop.
Oh and anyone notice that was Hines Ward running in the football scene? I'm pretty sure it was him....kinda cool.

It was Hines lol. And I agree that TDK has more replay value but I don't know which one I like better

^ yeah i didn't notice that the first time i saw it. that's why i love seeing great movies twice at the show...to notice things you wouldn't normally notice the first time.

^^drove 40 min to the nearest imax last thursday to see it for the second time (first time was a regular theater) only to have them tell me they were having technical difficulties and only had the regular showings :stoneface:

so im gonna try again tomorrow but im def callin before hand this time

I wAs thinking when the lady said something about real name that "**** Grayson" would of been used.

Because it was a little wink to the audience, particularly the average moviegoers who wouldn't know Grayson but would obviously know the name Robin. The diehard fans would appreciate it but your casual fan wouldn't notice.

Glad I saw it in IMAX the second time.  Thought I would be bored, but I really got into it again.  I hope there are plans for an extended edition blu-ray/dvd.  An extra 15 minutes to cover some minor details would be appreciated or an alternative ending...

:wow: @ that drive. You live in SD though. Isn't there a real IMAX down there? The screen at that IMAX can look a little dirty. At least for me I noticed a smudge on it going horizontally, maybe about a foot wide. But I think this movie deserves to be washed only in that real IMAX.

Honestly the drive ain't bad at all.I've made the drive a bunch of times because I have cousins who live 15 minutes from the Irvine Spectrum in Mission Viejo..

Watching it in 70mm IMAX though was better the 2nd time around.

Down here in SD the only true IMAX theater is at the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center in Balboa Park and they don't play movies there :lol:

Anyone else feel like watching this in true imax to be a bit overrated? Outside of a couple scenes (birdseye view of Gotham, when the plane crashes), it was a bit difficult
to follow because of how big the screen was. Thank God I watched this in a regular theatre prior to my first REAL imax experience. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell what was going on during some of those fight scenes. It felt like a was watching a movie 3 inches away from a television set.

Anyone else feel like watching this in true imax to be a bit overrated? Outside of a couple scenes (birdseye view of Gotham, when the plane crashes), it was a bit difficult
to follow because of how big the screen was. Thank God I watched this in a regular theatre prior to my first REAL imax experience. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell what was going on during some of those fight scenes. It felt like a was watching a movie 3 inches away from a television set.

you probably sat at the very front.

imax is the real deal.

exactly. why do that? that was so elementary. If the accounts lady said Richard Grayson, Tim Drake or Jason Todd I would've
exploded. But Robin? my reaction was |I :stoneface:

^^^that sucks! Yeah IMAX is the way to go, regular theater doesnt do it justice.
word. It was like watching it for the first time in Imax. everything felt right. the sound and picture
were fantastic. crystal.

Because it was a little wink to the audience, particularly the average moviegoers who wouldn't know Grayson but would obviously know the name Robin. The diehard fans would appreciate it but your casual fan wouldn't notice.

I disagree. If you say Tony Stark or Peter Parker or Clark Kent, you know who they are.
I think **** Grayson deserves to be in that category of popularity since he's been around
for several decades now, anyone that has come across batman has probably heard about
grayson as Robin especially the 80s and early 90s crowd. Nolan never really cared for the
audience, he just puts you in the middle of the action and lets you figure things out.

Some of you guys are on crack. Nolan's trilogy blew every batman movie ever created out of the water. No point of continuing the movies if he's not involved. All 3 were instant CLASSICS.
smokin.gif
Oh?

Mask of the Phantasm is better than Begins in every way, shape or form. Nolan fanboys have the audacity to call it a classic. That word is tossed around too much here. It was an average movie at best and is held in high regard because it is Nolan. Nolan's trilogy became what it was because of The Dark Knight and DKR.

you probably sat at the very front.

imax is the real deal.
yea, I can't knock the IMAX experience one bit. That film score rattled my bones and the scenes shot in IMAX were literally awesome.

May 2016, ask about me.

Swear to GAWD if you don't bring us wit you. :lol:

NT S&T for life.

Lemme get that at the end credits, then for the easter egg 30 second scene, have us all sittin there typin essays and **** on laptops. :nthat:
It'd just be me kicking back addressing the nitpicking NTers are probably about to do.

Did we need to see Amanda Seyfried's *******? No.
Did it add to Harley Quinn's character? Probably not.
But she said yes... while I burn money to light my cigar :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom