THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

Originally Posted by DimSum9

readin the emp magazine details gives me chills, sounding like it's going to be the best one in the series
The joker stans would never accept that.

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by DimSum9

readin the emp magazine details gives me chills, sounding like it's going to be the best one in the series
The joker stans would never accept that.

Joker stans? He won an Oscar in a comic book movie. What happened happened. 
I for one ain't gonna assume anything, thanks to Spider-man 3 and X3.

Just in case people wanted some more info on Bane, a short description of five major storylines he has been involved in (chronological order). To be honest, I hope Nolan can weave a better story together, because other than the character himself, the stories aren't that great IMO.
The Vengeance of Bane: The origin story. Bane is born into imprisonmenent for the crimes of his father. Much like Batman, he becomes a physical specimen and is extremely self disciplined. He is used for the venom project which gives him super strength. He targets Batman because of his negative visions of Bats and his desire to rule Gotham. He escapes with several inmates that he has befriended and sets for Gotham.

Knightfall: Bane tears down the walls of Arkham and releases its' inmates, in hopes that Batman will tire himself trying to round up the criminals. Bane also deduces Batman's true identity. As Batman recovers from exhaustion, Bane confronts him in the Batcave and breaks his back. He seizes control of Gotham, but his reign is short lived after being defeated by Jean Paul Valley (who takes up the mantle of Batman while he is recovering).

The Vengeance of Bane II: Bane is once again imprisoned in Blackgate, this time for his rampage on Gotham. He is suffering from withdrawls from venom and is beaten easily by KGBeast. Once put in solitary confinement, Bane trains himself again and overcomes his dependence on venom. He escapes from prison in search of his father (and I believe the doctor who developed venom). It is important to note, during the end of this story, Bane confronts Batman and pleads with him that he innocent man. They even battle side-by-side. Batman doesn't buy into Bane's explanation, but before they can fight each other, the building they are occupying explodes and Bane escapes. 

Bane and the Demon (Legacy Prelude): Bane continues the search for his father. He encounters Talia in his search and joins the League of Shadows. Talia is attracted to Bane initially, but is later disgusted with him (she perceives him to be nothing but a senseless animal). Ra's confines Bane (in hopes he will die an agonizing death), but is able to escape. Bane confronts Ra's, but is defeated. Even though he losses, Ra's is impressed with Bane's acumen and decides that he is the perfect heir and plans for him to marry Talia.

Legacy: Taking the role of Ubu (servant/bodyguard), Bane joins Ra's and Talia's plot to release a deadly disease to 4 major cities, including Gotham. With the world "purged," Bane and Talia would begin a new empire. Batman, Robin, Nightwing & Huntress are ultimately able to stop the outbreak as Talia and Ra's escape. In the end, Batman confronts Bane and is finally able to beat Bane in combat. FYI, this is one of the worst storylines of the bunch. On a side note, Catwoman makes a brief appearance, but it is honestly unnecessary and laughable.

8 years and no new Batmobile but I guess a Batwing. Also no new suit either so I'm assuming the Batwing and new cave will be epic with that much down time in between. If the leaked prologue is true......oh my.....

I really hope Batman does not die at least do an inception type ending to where it's open for debate. Killing the greatest Superhero of all time is kinda silly though I get the realizm. I mean if you do that he was only Batman for not even 10 years in Nolans world.

This will be epic and regain it's rightful spot as 2nd highest grossing film of all time behind Titanic only because of simps and women.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

8 years and no new Batmobile but I guess a Batwing. Also no new suit either so I'm assuming the Batwing and new cave will be epic with that much down time in between. If the leaked prologue is true......oh my.....

I really hope Batman does not die at least do an inception type ending to where it's open for debate. Killing the greatest Superhero of all time is kinda silly though I get the realizm. I mean if you do that he was only Batman for not even 10 years in Nolans world.

This will be epic and regain it's rightful spot as 2nd highest grossing film of all time behind Titanic only because of simps and women.

I think avatar is the second highest grossing film now not titanic

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

I think avatar is the second highest grossing film now not titanic
Avatar is the highest grossing film of All-Time. TDK is 3rd right now

8 years and no new Batmobile but I guess a Batwing. Also no new suit either so I'm assuming the Batwing and new cave will be epic with that much down time in between.
That's the first thing I thought of. Eight years and Lucius was too lazy to design him another suit? IMO, the only reason why Batman doesn't have a new suit is because after the events in TDK, he essentially went into a semi-retirement, leaving Gotham to rebuild on its' own. Meaning he wasn't as active as he was between BB and TDK.
It would be similar to the events in Batman Begins, when Ra's tells Batman that ever since the death of his parents, "Gotham had limped on" and that the League of Shadows had returned to "finish the job." This could explain Gordon's lines in the teaser "the Batman has to come back."

Tying it into the comics, in the Legacy storyline, Talia, Ra's and Bane essentially work together to try to purge Gotham.

At this point I see the film being a mix of Vengeance of Bane II, the Legacy storyline and (with the revelation of the 8 year gap) The Dark Knight Returns, with of course Christopher and Jonathan Nolan's twist.

So, how about an interquel...??? Because 8 years is just far too long...
30t6p3b.gif

Don't know if all this info has been posted but Here is some quotes from Nolan and Hardy about the film, pretty awesome I can't wait - http://bit.ly/t3w1Q5

I've been doing my best to not read anything about the film i'm scared something will spoil it

Who's going to the midnight launch for Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol IMAX on 12/15/11 ?

I'm already considering buying my ticket now off fandango.com

Do I have to see it in IMAX?(ghost protocol) or can I see it in a normal theater and see the prologue as well

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

Damn I don't wanna pay extra for just a early scene.
You can just catch the leak that same night anyways. To be honest with you, I liked the conventional trailer better because it had more scenes. In retrospect, the bank robbery scene was awesome though.
Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

Bane just isn't big enough...

In reality, Bale actually looked bigger in Batman Begins. I am more concerned about Hardy's height more than his muscle mass though (check out Warrior, dude was ripped, and he was still putting on weight). Bale is 2" taller than Hardy and the fact Hardy has a shaved head and Bale has a cowl with horns probably would make the height disparity much more noticeable. Hell, with heels, Hathaway is probably the same height as Hardy.

With all that said, I'm not too worried. I'm sure the way the film was shot, and whatever they do in post, will compensate for whatever physical shortcomings Hardy has as Bane.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Who's going to the midnight launch for Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol IMAX on 12/15/11 ?

I'm already considering buying my ticket now off fandango.com
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]12/15?

I thought it was dropping the 22nd?
[/color]

IGN just posted details on the prologue and yes it officially releases on 12/21/11 midnight showing for MI4.
But it gets worse. Your local IMAX needs to be at the right specs in order to view the 6 minute prologue 
laugh.gif

Here is a list of the IMAX theaters that meet the required specs:

http://lfexaminer.com/theaUSA.htm

Luckily for me my theater in my area which is 15 minutes from my house meets the requirements.

Dark Knight Rises IMAX Promo Buzz

The Dark Knight Rises' visual effects supervisor Paul Franklin tweeted over the weekend that the film's upcoming six-minute IMAX prologue will only run in select IMAX theaters. 

"The Dark Knight Rises IMAX prologue will be released on Dec 21 with M:I4, but *only* in theatres with a proper film projector - no digital!," wrote Franklin, adding, "So make sure it's a proper 70mm projection otherwise you'll be disappointed!" He then provided this list of international IMAX theaters fitting the proper criteria. Stateside theaters can be found here. (Thanks to Batman-on-Film and Batman-News for the head's-up!) 

Link:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/121/1213482p1.html

There is some spoiler info at the bottom of that article that I left out because since I don't know how to use spoiler tags here on NT.

So consider yourselves warned before clicking on the article link !

http://www.metro.co.uk/film/883266-the-dark-knight-rises-prologue-to-focus-on-bane-hijacking-a-plane
Spoiler [+]
[h1]
[h1]The Dark Knight Rises prologue to focus on Bane hijacking a plane[/h1]

The Dark Knight Rises prologue will focus on Tom Hardy's character Bane (Picture: Bigpicturephotos.com)

The six minute prologue will revolve around the story of Bane, played by Tom Hardy, and his attempt at assassinating a Saddam Hussein-type dictator by hijacking a plane. 

According to Rama’s Screen, which claims it was sent an email from a source who had seen the prologue, it is 'a mind blowing action sequence set aboard the Hercules plane'. 

It explains: 'Bane and his mercenaries hijack a military plane transporting a dictator of a country which is in unrest (think Saddam Hussein type figure). 

'He successfully kills the leader, but makes some mistakes along the way and is unable to safely land the plane. 

'Because of the resulting injuries from the accident, he has to undergo complicated surgeries and that is how he winds up with that scar down his neck and the need for the mask to numb the pain.' 

The film site claims that Bane's story has been radically re-worked by director Christopher Nolan

'He is raised by Ra’s al Ghul [Bruce Wayne's old mentor] and his up bringing mirrors that of Bruce Wayne,' the site describes. 

'It’s a mirror of Bruce, except it’s darker and twisted. Bane is trained to be an assassin for the League of Shadows. 

'He kills political figures that are deemed unfit by the LOS. So he is a bit of a Che Guevara/ Jason Bourne type character.' 

Bane is described as a 'revolutionary and an assassin' who is hellbent on starting his own uprising. 

Christopher Nolan said recently in an interview with Empire magazine that Bane would be the focus of the preview but kept tight-lipped about any other details. 

'The prologue is basically the first six, seven minutes of the film. It's the introduction to Bane, and a taste of the rest of the film.' 

The Dark Knight Rises, starring Christian Bale and Anne Hathaway, will be released in cinemas on July 20, 2012. 
[/h1]

Originally Posted by MR J 858

IGN just posted details on the prologue and yes it officially releases on 12/21/11 midnight showing for MI4.
But it gets worse. Your local IMAX needs to be at the right specs in order to view the 6 minute prologue 
laugh.gif

Here is a list of the IMAX theaters that meet the required specs:

http://lfexaminer.com/theaUSA.htm
[table][tr][td]OR[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Eugene [/td] [td] Regal Valley River Center Stadium 15[/td] [td]IMAX[/td] [td][/td] [td]3D[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]400[/td] [td]2/14/2011[/td][/tr][/table]

244268d640a3b7128fb01bccc3457e996f41ff4a_r.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Originally Posted by RFX45

I thought it was for Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol? 

I believe,
Trailer will be in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Prologue will be in Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (70mm IMAX Prints Only)
Interesting, I'll likely see both in the theaters anyways so no problem. 
SO the prologue comes out on the 16th of December? Cause the SF Metreon says that but everywhere else says the 22nd of December? 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom