The Dark Side: Documentary on PEDs in sports vol do we actually care?

Not sure if there is a thread on this or not or if it belongs in S&T but just wanted to get opinions on this

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...4e4b0b958f6599440?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

Cliffs:

A sting is done to find out how athletes get these PEDs
Names pop up...most notably Peyton Manning

My question for NT General is honestly do we care? Like we know everyone does it or some do some don't. Do you think less of the ones that do? Or can we assume they are all doing something so who cares at all?

If a plumber wants to become the best plumber he possibly can, it would be a disservice to himself to not take advantage of every opportunity to get better - whether it be buying plumbing books, taking classes, or practicing.

If a professional athlete wants to become the best he possibly can, it would also be a disservice to himself to not take advantage of every opportunity to get better - whether it be reading playbooks, attending training, or taking PEDs.

Athletes have been doing everything they could since the dawn of time to get ahead. In ancient Rome, this meant gladiators would eat meat from pigs that were fed berries because they believed other pigs that weren't kept on a diet were not as good for you. In todays world, this means taking PEDs and doing experimental trials.

Last edited:
i agree with yeah. i want to see the strongest, fastest and fiercest athletes that science can produce.

I'm all for it if you're trying to recover from an injury, just not right before a game. What you do while rehabbing doesn't bother me. Just make sure you sign a waiver or something, so they don't come back to sue. :lol:

i agree with yeah. i want to see the strongest, fastest and fiercest athletes that science can produce.

600ft homeruns off 130 mph fastballs
qbs bouncing off vicious linebackers running 3.9 40yd dashes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom