~| the DOM. KENNEDY thread |~

I feel Dom hasn't blown up completely because his marketing never really was up to par.

If he ever wants to be where Kendrick is he needs that push. But then again, who am I to tell the guy what he needs. :lol:

His manager is with Interscope now.

dom sounds a little sour.

maybe he feels like he should be the height kendrick lama is at by now if not higher. he's been on the grind a little over 5 years. kendrick just came out a couple years ago. if you think about it who else west coast was part of the new era of rap around the time dom was really buzzing? only one i can think of is that group i forgot their name with thurzday in it two guys from la...

kendrick lamar wasn't even in the picture then

just a thought i was drinking tonight i hope this makes sense 
Lol what? Kendrick been grinding waaaaaaaaaay longer than Dom and he's younger. 

I don't think he sounds sour. Never really seemed liked the envious type either. 

Last edited:
yea i doubt dom sour.

and yea kendrick said it in an interview

he's been grindin/rappin since 17 and he's 24 now

so its been a minute

Last edited:
Yo, wth did I just watch? Dom gotta be smoking some of the most potent stuff in the world.
Cali got the best weed :pimp:

You don't smoke bro? Living in an area like the Bay or L.A. with a little disposable income, you're free to smoke the best weed on the planet. No hyperbole.

naw, I don't smoke at all. But I know the bay and L.A got some of the best fire. So I just imagine Dom got the top shelf sort of weed.

As much as Dom plays it cool I do sense that he's sour sometimes.

He will obviously never admit that, it'll cause controversy and go against his "cool/calm/collected" persona but deep down I think at times he does feel some type of way about it.

As much as Dom plays it cool I do sense that he's sour sometimes.

He will obviously never admit that, it'll cause controversy and go against his "cool/calm/collected" persona but deep down I think at times he does feel some type of way about it.

yeah, its evident he feels some kinda way.

dude is mad low key and i aint sayin he hasnt put his work in but this is the industry we're talkin bout here. an outgoin dude puttin work in v.s. a chill/quiet dude puttin in just the same amount of work will go alot further in an industry where mainstream exposure relies HEAVILY on CONNECTIONS...

and since he is the chill/lowkey type, i would actually think he would prefer to continue goin the indy route...

But kendrick n Dom are 2 different styles..dom's flow is simple and as much as I love dude's music it gets boring at times and I don't even listen to Kendrick like that either

honestly i stopped listening to Kendrick after Section.80
eyes.gif

Dom is getting $ regardless
lol WHAT?!

how do you not get GKMC?!

Not to make this a Dom vs. Kendrick debate. But Kendrick's rise has a lot to do with Dre and the elements in hip-hop being right for what he brings to the table. Kendrick is a lyricist with mainstream appeal, and hip-hop needed that.

Dom makes better music, IMO. But hip-hop fans are parasitic in their listening preference, an Kendrick caught on. Dom may blow or he may not...fact of the matter is, the circle of people who appreciate his music know why they do, it fits into their lifestyle

Everyone...i mean EVERYONE that i put Dom on loves Dom, besides some of the newer stuff

Im talking males and females. Hell this girl i was just starting to kick it with asked me in the car one day "who is this and why hasnt he blown up yet?" Now shes my girl and 5 of her 6 cd slots have Dom in em :lol: :pimp:

Not to make this a Dom vs. Kendrick debate. But Kendrick's rise has a lot to do with Dre and the elements in hip-hop being right for what he brings to the table. Kendrick is a lyricist with mainstream appeal, and hip-hop needed that.

Dom makes better music, IMO. But hip-hop fans are parasitic in their listening preference, an Kendrick caught on. Dom may blow or he may not...fact of the matter is, the circle of people who appreciate his music know why they do, it fits into their lifestyle

Dom makes better music?

WHOOOOOOA THERE!

but like you said it's in your opinion. can't knock you for that. just disagree.

i still feel like dom could blow, but comparing him to kendrick is tricky. kendrick already had dre backing him & as far as his appeal, he's a pure lyricist who knows how to make hits for the radio by still keeping his style. rap doesn't have much of that right now & he was able to find that lane & run with it.

I think Kendirck definitely makes better music, but I like Dom more because I can relate to the lifestyle more. Dom is just a laid back dude, doing absolutely what ever the **** he wants to do and I am all about that.

Everyone...i mean EVERYONE that i put Dom on loves Dom, besides some of the newer stuff

Im talking males and females. Hell this girl i was just starting to kick it with asked me in the car one day "who is this and why hasnt he blown up yet?" Now shes my girl and 5 of her 6 cd slots have Dom in em :lol: :pimp:

thissss

i put my whole group of friends on Dom, and all of them like him

dude just makes good music that doesnt get old

idc what anyone says Dom will be a westcoast legend :nthat:

and im sure he is lurkin :lol: :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom