The Donald Sterling Thread

So I went and watched that post fight interview from Broner.

Comparing that to Donald Sterling is apples to hand grenades.

That is some of the most deflective, blame the victim ******** I've seen on this message board.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Glad someone is on the same page :lol: I can't even believe I'm defending broner ...can't stand that dude but that poster accusation was asinine

Glad someone is on the same page :lol: I can't even believe I'm defending broner ...can't stand that dude but that poster accusation was asinine

Like I watched it expecting something serious as soon as he went into that corny *** "Can man" bit I knew what corny joke was coming.

There are so many better examples that could have been used and the fact dude reached for that shows how thirsty he was to drop the "blacks are racists too!" bit.

Last edited:
But I realized it's only racism depending on who it's coming from...black people can't be racist I guess

Man a few pages ago I said how productive the conversation was. My bad

Last edited:
[quote name="100027"][QUOTE name="eddiengambino"]
Everybody is racist[/QUOTE]Wrong.

Everybody has moments of prejudice, but if you were raised the right way you know to ascribe things to a person and not a group of people.
[/quote]Ascribe? Chill w/ the fancy words; I'd like this G.Infant dude to keep up.

Why is it when a group of black girls call some white girl 'that white ***** over there' it's fine but if a group of white girls say 'that black *****' it's wrong?

Wrong.

Everybody has moments of prejudice, but if you were raised the right way you know to ascribe things to a person and not a group of people.
Even if we're "raised right", as most people are, people will always carry some certain stereotype about certain ethnic groups. The thing is that the more educated population are able to understand the complexities of cultures more than say one that may have not that much schooling. If racism were to be nonexistent in the general population, why would the U.S. need anti-discrimination laws?

Why is it when a group of black girls call some white girl 'that white ***** over there' it's fine but if a group of white girls say 'that black *****' it's wrong?

Because people refuse to acknowledge that there's a possibility that black people can be racist too :lol:

Last edited:
So you're a racist?
At one point or another, we all have said or thought something stereotypical about a person's ethnicity.
And I will not deny that.
Does that mean I'm a habitual racist? No I tolerate whites, blacks, latinos, middle eastern, Asian, or any other race out there.

being racist is having the fundamental belief that one race of people is inherently superior or inferior to another.

having stereotypes just makes you a bigot. either way, claiming to be a bigot or racist is pure ignorance even if just on a message board.

also, i'm sure it's been mentioned but i havent read through the whole thread.

i'm surprised there isn't more backlash towards doc rivers, and jj redick.

just read that sterling didn't want to sign redick because he was white. knowing that, jj redick signed anyways when they gave him 4 years 28 million. money over morals, i guess.

just read that sterling didn't want to sign redick because he was white. knowing that, jj redick signed anyways when they gave him 4 years 28 million. money over morals, i guess.

Players don't care nearly as much as the public thinks.

being racist is having the fundamental belief that one race of people is inherently superior or inferior to another.

having stereotypes just makes you a bigot. either way, claiming to be a bigot or racist is pure ignorance even if just on a message board.
But aren't people racist/bigoted still? You can't avoid that truth.
Even though Donald Sterling is a ugly and racist a-hole who made terrible comments, it doesn't take away the fact that a lot of people still harbor these feelings in private.

Players don't care nearly as much as the public thinks.

i know they don't. and all the sterling backlash is probably still not enough backlash, but it's hilarious that the players and coach completely slide free.

At one point or another, we all have said or thought something stereotypical about a person's ethnicity.
And I will not deny that.
Does that mean I'm a habitual racist? No I tolerate whites, blacks, latinos, middle eastern, Asian, or any other race out there.

So yes, yes you're a racist. Stop sugarcoating it with "everyone does blah blah blah". Stand on your own 2 feet. Not EVERYONE does what you're saying

So yes, yes you're a racist. Stop sugarcoating it with "everyone does blah blah blah". Stand on your own 2 feet. Not EVERYONE does what you're saying
I didn't sugarcoat it, I was just differentiating from the textbook definition of racism and the real form of racism.
Do I value my own race (Chinese/Vietnamese) over others? Yes I sometimes do. The NAACP and the JDL does that too. But will I form some type of grudge and not tolerate another ethnicity from succeeding or having a right to do whatever they shall please? No, and this is what Donald Sterling violated.
So I'm glad for you that you claim to not be a racist BLASTERCOMBO, but you also have to recognize that racism still exist among a majority of people to this date.

Slight reach.

JJ even said that he signed the contract because of Doc and the guys in the locker room but that doesn't mean he was ever ok with what Sterling said. It's just that his interaction with him isn't a day to day relationship so his comments don't really hold any weight.

Hell, my coach at UConn was a prick but at the end of the day the team played for each other, not him, which actually helped us become closer.

Man WTF are you talking about? Shut up.

Back
Top Bottom