THE DREADHEAD THREAD! VOL. NO DISSING! ONLY BIGGIN' UPS!

Welcome NT familia.

This thread is everything dreads/hair.

I've been locked up for 1.5 years and Halloween 2016 will make it two years. :pimp:

Tips:

- Clean hair locks quicker and grows quicker than dirty/dry hair.

- Patience is the key. The first 6 months are the worst but you have to stick with it!

- Eat your fruit and veggies kids. All promote hair growth!

- Don't believe the myth of "not washing your hair, so your hair can bind and lock." You need to keep your hair clean and wash at least once every two weeks. I've went months without washing before but I did use SeaBreeze with is basically sanitizer but for your hair. It wasnt pleasant. I was scratching my head all day long. Please wash your hair!

I put castor oil & dread spray in my hair to maintain and moisturize.

Can y'all post some pics of products a dude who's growing his hair should buy. Think I'll be able to start locking in another month or so

Locked up for 8 years now. Started when I was 13

7 years in.

Convinced my girlfried of 3 years started growing her dreads 3 months ago.

Convinced my aunt to start last month

Working on momb-dukes.. I'm estimating by the end of the year she'll pull the trigger.

Words of advice
1. Starting small allows you to have more options. If you start small, you can always combined them to go bigger. You can't go backwards, though.
2. Make DOUBLY sure you start with the parts that you like. My parts are horrible, and I'm pissed to this day about them.
3. When it comes to yambs, they will either love them or hate them... no in between.
4. Tip to make them grow faster: don't look at them.

7 years in.

Convinced my girlfried of 3 years started growing her dreads 3 months ago.

Convinced my aunt to start last month

Working on momb-dukes.. I'm estimating by the end of the year she'll pull the trigger.

Words of advice
1. Starting small allows you to have more options. If you start small, you can always combined them to go bigger. You can't go backwards, though.
2. Make DOUBLY sure you start with the parts that you like. My parts are horrible, and I'm pissed to this day about them.
3. When it comes to yambs, they will either love them or hate them... no in between.
4. Tip to make them grow faster: don't look at them.
Def can relate to points 1 and 2. I've had my dreds for 4 years give or take, but I had dreds for two years at first but had to cut them and start over because the parts were so unorganized. This African lady started my hair and she did the front so it looked neat but half way did the back and top of my head, as customers we sometimes only look at the front of our head when done. In my area, it's an unwritten rule to not allow Africans to do your dreds because many of them are lazy and money hungry and they'll do your hair half *** to rush you out of the chair so they can do the next person's hair. The African lady had my parts looking crazy and my dreds were all messed up some were super big and some were small. Parting and size is very important.

Have any of my dread head brothers had dreams where you cut your hair and wakeup grabbing your hair to make sure you didn't cut it?

Last edited:
What do y'all wear to sleep at night after getting a fresh retwist? Durag or dred sock?

I have a fade and plan on dreading just the top. My sides and back grow slow as hell. Meechy has some fire *** dreads and he has a fade as well but his joints are long. I know I'm gonna look like the only dork when their short but it's a process I'm willing to go through

Last edited:
I have a fade and plan on dreading just the top. My sides and back grow slow as hell. Meechy has some fire *** dreads and he has a fade as well but his joints are long. I know I'm gonna look like the only dork when their short but it's a process I'm willing to go through

Exactly what I have the best cut out.

Back
Top Bottom