The Dream: LoveHate u gotta respect it.

U gotta give Mr. AY ay ay his props it is a solid R&B album that album well get u where u need to be with the ladies he has something for every shorty ugot if u a G and he got somoethin for u and wifey to jam to

This topic happens every week never fails, and I respect what he does and i gave the album 2 spins and i think its quite wack. The album shows how jacked upsociety is how the heck you gonna call a young lady a female dog and say it smoothly and call it a r&b hit. R&B stands for rhythm and blues kiddiesremember that.

While I do agree if you listen to the lyics of most of his songs the album is pretty good ..my only problem is that every song has that same catchy repetitivehook and because he admited to writing the songs like that so you would remember them it just kills the vibe for me.

laugh.gif

This topic happens every week never fails, and I respect what he does and i gave the album 2 spins and i think its quite wack. The album shows how jacked up society is how the heck you gonna call a young lady a female dog and say it smoothly and call it a r&b hit. R&B stands for rhythm and blues kiddies remember that.
Thank you.

You can't take N's on here opinion seriously anyway, cause half them don't even know what R&B is
laugh.gif
. This album is not a real R&B album, and it's nothing more than adecent, pretty much disposable CD. It's flopped off the charts already and it won't even go gold. That's because no one cares about it and no oneever will.

The End.

(For the record... dude is very talented when writing for OTHERS. He has a very good concept of melodies and song structure. But his OWN music is very muchso a joke. Stop playin yourselves
grin.gif
. His lyrics on his album are verysubpar. )

I really dig the album. It's catchy, sets the mood, and has good production....Anyone try making love to purple kisses? omg..
eek.gif
pimp.gif
lol

If you like "Umbrella" you'll like the album
If you like T- Pain you'll like the album
If you like songs that are repetitive such as "Bed" you'll like the album.

I really like the album. It gets heavy rotation. Remember guys, this is a message board, a platform for opinions.

I don't think you know what R&B is if this is a solid R&B album. The dude is great at harmonizing and creating catchy melodies. His songwriting issimple, yet has a universal appeal because he sets a melodic tone. Other than that, he's terrible. His voice is sub par and his songwriting is too simpleto be taken seriously as the pinnacle of R&B lyricism.

Originally Posted by jmoneybaggz

I don't think you know what R&B is if this is a solid R&B album. The dude is great at harmonizing and creating catchy melodies. His songwriting is simple, yet has a universal appeal because he sets a melodic tone. Other than that, he's terrible. His voice is sub par and his songwriting is too simple to be taken seriously as the pinnacle of R&B lyricism.

Soo what tha f*k was Michael Jackson and Prince!!!
I'll just say I dis-agree with this statement and leave it at that but...
I think this album is very solid my favorite songs

Fast Cars
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Playin in her Hair
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Purple Kisses
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

As far as this guy goes...he's no great singer imo...but this album has quite a few catchy songs and its nice to listen to

Originally Posted by mrXdaboss

This topic happens every week never fails, and I respect what he does and i gave the album 2 spins and i think its quite wack. The album shows how jacked up society is how the heck you gonna call a young lady a female dog and say it smoothly and call it a r&b hit. R&B stands for rhythm and blues kiddies remember that.
I hope ur a real music critic, and I pretty much explained y I dig get it

real talk this album is hot i like err song except maybe like 2 or 3 but my favorite is i love your girl.

that bangs in the whip.

Originally Posted by mdwst9

real talk this album is hot i like err song except maybe like 2 or 3 but my favorite is i love your girl.

that bangs in the whip.
That is my joint too and She needs my love he even drops some *Hov*ehhhhhhhhhh*Hov* bars that hold down the track
*The Dream* Tell Oprah Im sorry I reall meant to say bad tho*The Dream*

I like it.

I ain't mad at it or The Dream like some of my fellow musical constituents on this board (DMV what up tho) just cuz I don't see him as trying to bestandard R&B

He's more of a stylistic niche type of artist and the album is enjoyable to me

I think The Dream even said he doesn't want people seeing him as an R&B artist...

I love the tracklisting of:

Fast Car --> Nikki --> Shawty Needs My Love

"Nikki" being my favorite song on the album...

plus I thought it was neat on the leaked version of SNML when he says "we 3 minutes into the song" and when he says it the song is literally at the3:00 mark

but they made some kind of change on the album version that I haven't bothered to pinpoint which makes it not fit right at the 3 minute mark anymore...

he should release the joint with Rihanna tho if he wants to get the pop appeal....radio killa...

random trivia: Jay-Z and Andre3000 were supposed to be on the album, not sure if these are unreleased songs or if its unreleased verses on songs that did makethe album...

I can definitely see Andre3000 dropping something on "Fast Car"

^Nikki is my favorite joint too, followed by Purple Kisses, followed by She Needs My Love, followed by Playin in Her Hair.

Originally Posted by Breezy1one

Originally Posted by jmoneybaggz

I don't think you know what R&B is if this is a solid R&B album. The dude is great at harmonizing and creating catchy melodies. His songwriting is simple, yet has a universal appeal because he sets a melodic tone. Other than that, he's terrible. His voice is sub par and his songwriting is too simple to be taken seriously as the pinnacle of R&B lyricism.

Soo what tha f*k was Michael Jackson and Prince!!!
I'll just say I dis-agree with this statement and leave it at that but...
I think this album is very solid my favorite songs

Fast Cars
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Playin in her Hair
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Purple Kisses
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Kill yourself for mentioning Prince and MJ together with this clown. Dude cannot sing, his songs suck, his songwriting sucks.....its just that nowadayspeople like garbage and so he gets play on the radio.

laugh.gif
I ain't mad at it or The Dream like some of my fellow musical constituents on this board (DMV what up tho) just cuz I don't see him as trying to be standard R&B
What up homie?
laugh.gif

See, I ain't mad at dude at all.... I play his album. It's just the idiots that discuss it that irritate me. It's the people who claim Dream hadone of the illest R&B albums of the year. The same people who say that T-Pain is one of the best R&B artists like MTV said.

My issue is, these people know NOTHING about what they are talking about and they go running around with their opinions, and that's one of the reasons whyreal R&B is struggling so bad in the industry today. My point is... they need to stay in their lane. There is a place for everything inthis industry and we need a little bit of everything. We need the fun songs, we need the serious songs. I play Dream's album because it's just a funalbum... and when I wanna have fun, then that's what it is. When I'm drunk and high, I'm tryna act stupid and quote "Ditch That N" ....not Marvin Gaye
laugh.gif

BUT too many N's don't know what they are talkin about and they got it all twisted. Saying he's a great R&B artist is like saying back whenChingy's first album dropped, that he is one of the best rappers in the game alongside Hov.
ohwell.gif
It's just downright disrespectful.

And then I've heard people on here run their mouth saying that "the album proves he is a great songwriter."
indifferent.gif
Anyone with an OUNCE of musical talent can write the songs he made onhis album. And the songs that DO prove he is a great songwriter, aka... the ones he writes for other artists (MJB for example), go unnoticed. The songs onhis album proved that he has a great concept of melody and hamormies, and that is a great talent to have.

Respect goes where it's due. Dream is talented in his own way, and he's a fun artist to listen to... and that's where it ends. He did not releasea great R&B album and he is not a great R&B artist. He is a great songwriter/composer when he wants to be. Know the difference. Zsong does
laugh.gif

End of story

Back
Top Bottom