The Dream: LoveHate u gotta respect it.

Originally Posted by R3ignMan

Originally Posted by mrXdaboss

This topic happens every week never fails, and I respect what he does and i gave the album 2 spins and i think its quite wack. The album shows how jacked up society is how the heck you gonna call a young lady a female dog and say it smoothly and call it a r&b hit. R&B stands for rhythm and blues kiddies remember that.
I hope ur a real music critic, and I pretty much explained y I dig get it

as [size=-1]i sa[/size][size=-1]id pr[/size][size=-1]ior[/size] [size=-1]i respect what he does even[/size] [size=-1]if[/size] [size=-1]i th[/size][size=-1]ink[/size] [size=-1]its wack (a[/size][size=-1]int that why you made the post?)[/size][size=-1]i dont see dude as a r&b art[/size][size=-1]ist to be real he's more l[/size][size=-1]ike a soft core rapper. Myprev[/size][size=-1]ious comment stands the world[/size] [size=-1]is jacked up and th[/size][size=-1]is mus[/size][size=-1]ic[/size] [size=-1]is des[/size][size=-1]igned to appeal to k[/size][size=-1]ids and thats f[/size][size=-1]ine but to sayhe's[/size] [size=-1]in a genre that he's not[/size] [size=-1]is crazy. the dream[/size] [size=-1]is to r&b what d4l[/size][size=-1]is to h[/size][size=-1]ip hop
[/size]

Originally Posted by Heshua

Originally Posted by Breezy1one

Originally Posted by jmoneybaggz

I don't think you know what R&B is if this is a solid R&B album. The dude is great at harmonizing and creating catchy melodies. His songwriting is simple, yet has a universal appeal because he sets a melodic tone. Other than that, he's terrible. His voice is sub par and his songwriting is too simple to be taken seriously as the pinnacle of R&B lyricism.

Soo what tha f*k was Michael Jackson and Prince!!!
I'll just say I dis-agree with this statement and leave it at that but...
I think this album is very solid my favorite songs

Fast Cars
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Playin in her Hair
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Purple Kisses
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Kill yourself for mentioning Prince and MJ together with this clown. Dude cannot sing, his songs suck, his songwriting sucks.....its just that nowadays people like garbage and so he gets play on the radio.
Are you Serious!!!! Since WHEN has Prince or Michael Jackson ever been able to sing. NEVER. Since when has Prince or Michael Jackson wrote a song withCONTENT that blows you away. NEVER. So making those statements are stupid. The point I was making was his style is VERY similar to both of theirs. The reasonpeople like Prince and MJ is because of their harmonizing and creating catchy melodies... just like The Dream.

Are you Serious!!!! Since WHEN has Prince or Michael Jackson ever been able to sing. NEVER. Since when has Prince or Michael Jackson wrote a song with CONTENT that blows you away. NEVER. So making those statements are stupid. The point I was making was his style is VERY similar to both of theirs. The reason people like Prince and MJ is because of their harmonizing and creating catchy melodies... just like The Dream.

If you dont think Prince writes great songs then youre honestly a weird kid and I dont even want to argue with you. You still need to go to sleep for eventhinking about putting Prince in the same sentence as the Dream. When the dream writes, produces, arranges and plays all the instruments on his songs.....andis considered a legend and genius then come talk to me.

for what it is its a solid album

where does he call someone a #@#%%? i play it all the time and i dont think i noticed that.. i like all but two songs on the cd im not saying its a classic imnot comparing him to prince mj or anyone for that matter. to me the album has replay value.

***QUESTION!!!***

what does "Playin' In Her Hair" mean?

i think i have an idea but ehhh i don't want to think of it that way.
grin.gif

This topic happens every week never fails, and I respect what he does and i gave the album 2 spins and i think its quite wack. The album shows how jacked up society is how the heck you gonna call a young lady a female dog and say it smoothly and call it a r&b hit. R&B stands for rhythm and blues kiddies remember that.

I think the fans aren't trying to put him on the pedestal of R & B. It's a CD that knocks & bangs and evokes feelings. Granted, it's simple-minded. The Dream's average voice complimented with great beats, flow beautifully together. Therefore, making it a good CD, nothing more nothing less.

Originally Posted by segagenesis510

***QUESTION!!!***

grin.gif
YES
laugh.gif
... it's exactly what your thinking.... and ni__a likeme aint even tryin to get down like that

CD is aiight. He definitely has some nice melodic songs on it. Can't wait to see how this sounds in the car.

finally gave the album a listen. didnt think much of it on the first listen.
love tracks 3-9 on the cd
fast car > Nikki > She Needs My Love > Falsetto > Playin in her hair > Purple kisses
and then i just stop
laugh.gif

"Ditch That" is
sick.gif

the cd is better than i thought, its aight. Album has some replay value

yeah i cant front...
at first i didnt wanna even give it a listen...
but this album is bumpin...
pimp.gif

had to throw luv songs on the MS page...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by segagenesis510

***QUESTION!!!***

grin.gif

ahhhhhhh hahahahaha nasty, could you imagine , wit extended weaves.
sick.gif

NachoBroadway wrote:

I think the fans aren't trying to put him on the pedestal of R & B. It's a CD that knocks & bangs and evokes feelings. Granted, it's simple-minded. The Dream's average voice complimented with great beats, flow beautifully together. Therefore, making it a good CD, nothing more nothing less.

Perfectly put.

Album is a banger. Im actually condiering copping the CD.

That Falsetto is my new shower song. Every time I'm in the shower, it comes on on the radio, and I be killin it!

"She like Oooo Oooo Oooo..."

I aint even gonna front, I wasn't feeling dude when he came out. Sounds like I should actually go get it.

Has some okay songs but i dont like i love your girl or she needs my love and someone please explain to me what playin in her hair means

Back
Top Bottom