The Dream vs The Weeknd vol. first 3 LP's

was thinking and debating with a friend. Who's first 3 LP are better? The Dream (Lovehate, Love vs Money and Love King) or The Weeknd (Kissland, BBTM and SB). I think I have to go with The Dream's first 3 LP. Man the production, beats and transitions were something special. I remember when "Fancy" came out, NT swore it was the best thing since slice bread [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Again, it's not about who's more popular or who sings better etc.... just base off their first 3 LP who would you take. Trilogy not included.

Last edited:
The Dream >>> The Weeknd (including the trilogy)

Weeknd is a better singer but his albums aren't great and never will be.

I'm not even debating that The Dream's catalogue isn't better but the Weeknd doesn't have great albums? Negro what? Trilogy alone is critically acclaimed. You sounding like a ham right now.

Honestly, i think i'd rather listen to a Terius Nash project but i think Dream's time is done. He just didn't blow up as a solo act.

Abel Tesfaye not only makes great music but he's a megastar. So overall, Probably Abel is the better artist.

In that group from OP it's Dream by far. Weekends now is totally different than his first 4 projects. His last 2 albums have been pop trash.

House of Balloons, Thursday, Ecoes Of Silence and KissLand could be 4 straight classics. Based on those 4 I would give Weeknd a slight edge cuz his **** cuts a lil deeper. Well used to. :smh:

Dream is and always will be underrated. I can play his first 3 albums from beginning to end. His songwriting is great and him and Tricky's production is still ahead of the game.

You know who's better when you have to exclude certain projects. Because lets be real... Trilogy > Dreams whole career

Last edited:
Trilogy is Weeknds first three projects let's be real fam.

However,

Nikki, She Needs My Love & Falsetto might be the goat three songs back to back to back

I'm not even debating that The Dream's catalogue isn't better but the Weeknd doesn't have great albums? Negro what? Trilogy alone is critically acclaimed. You sounding like a ham right now.

Weeknd doesn't really make my kind of music. I was heavy on The Weeknd wave when the trilogy came out but as time went on, I listen to probably half of the third and like 3-4 songs on the second. The production and stuff ain't for me. Great voice though and he got classic songs but I don't mess with any of his entire albums like that.

The Dream, I can rock to the entire project (Love Hate, Love King, 1977 and 4 Play)

I'm a HUGE R&B head, he doesn't really make R&B which is why I'm not crazy about his albums.The Dream does. "Starboy" feels like his closest album to R&B music but it has some pop and generic sounds to it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom