The Elite Chris Paul Thread

[quote name="worldbeefreeg"]Wow, your really just argued for D.Fish over CP3, that is a Skip Bayless level type hot take. I should have known better to even come into this thread.[/quote]I didn't, but I already expressed the expectation of those types of responses/interpretations.

Dame's series ending shot last playoffs is more clutch than anything Chris has ever done, though.

And I've never said this, but I still wish we would have gotten Chris before Stern's basketball reasons. But I don't hold him in as high regard as I once did.

He doesn't have what it takes off paper to hit shots like what Dame hit, like what Fish has hit many times.

On paper, in your stats, those shots only count for 2/3 points, but they accomplish so much more in reality.

While I like both players Chris and Dame, i actually think CP3's series ending shot against the Spurs was more impressive maybe because of the fact that he did it against defending champion Spurs and how people were raving about how the Spurs would win the west again, etc.

Here you go, worldbefree. :smile: Took out the uncomfortable part for ya, made the response a little more safe. [quote name="JohnnyRedStorm"]Ska you've seen a lot of dudes, what's your top 5?[/quote]I'm terrible at narrowing things down to a number. Ask me 10, I'll give you 20. :lol:

Magic is 1.

Thomas
Kidd
Payton
Stockton
Nash

Pick 4 to round out my 5.

I would say Iverson, but if I'm knocking CP for not being a mental assassin (and I am), then I need to knock Bubba Chuck for not buying into a team's needs, many times (and I have knocked him for exactly that). I'd pick him over CP3... most times I'm asked.

Big fan of Andre Miller, Rod Strickland, Chauncey, but not confidently picking them over CP3. This is the company I have him in.

There are things that count more than what paper shows. There's no stat for chemistry, so Iverson statists can argue his paper greatness, and they're right.

There's no stat for reminding the team that there's a tv timeout coming and we still have all three of ours and the ball with a 5 point lead that we could easily stretch to 10 in the next 120 seconds of gametime.

Last edited:
[quote name="OneTrust"][quote name="DarthSka"]Dame's series ending shot last playoffs is more clutch than anything Chris has ever done, though.

And I've never said this, but I still wish we would have gotten Chris before Stern's basketball reasons. But I don't hold him in as high regard as I once did.

He doesn't have what it takes off paper to hit shots like what Dame hit, like what Fish has hit many times.

On paper, in your stats, those shots only count for 2/3 points, but they accomplish so much more in reality.[/quote]

While I like both players Chris and Dame, i actually think CP3's series ending shot against the Spurs was more impressive maybe because of the fact that he did it against defending champion Spurs and how people were raving about how the Spurs would win the west again, etc.[/quote]I can see that. Obviously I don't agree, but I can understand it, especially the 'defending champs' angle.

My biggest gripe with CP0 is this:

He's supposed to be a generational talent and top player at his position right? Then why, outside of NT, does he not get near the slander that Kobe, Durant, LeBron, Dirk, Carmelo, and others receive? Hell, let GSW get eliminated this year and I guarantee that Steph Curry whispers will start up.

Peyton Manning has won a Super Bowl and numerous MVPs and is called a choker ALL THE TIME. This is in football which is the ultimate team sport... and still... choke artist.

Chris Paul flies under the radar. His teammates and coaches get thrown under the bus, excuses left and right, capes come out in force, and we get the same narrative every year.

Yeah, he took some crap teams to the playoffs. Lots of players in the NBA have. Lots of QBs in the NFL have. Still... he ain't in NO anymore and some of the talking heads had them penciled in for a championship after the 3-1 lead. Talking about the Clippers are the second best team in the NBA and have the best starting five.

The excuses are running thin at this point. HoF player and great PG? For sure. Just stop acting like the guy is flawless and somehow better than guys like Stockton at this point in his career.

I think the reason CP3's hate flies under the radar outside of NT is because I never heard any of his fans claim he's the best or second best....until this thread. All the other players you mentioned, however, especially a Bron and Kobe, had their fans claim they were GOAT since their third season in the L.

Awwsome is my dude but i can't agree with CP3 being the top 2 yet. However, like someone else mentioned he got some time left before his book is written.

Last edited by a moderator:
 I like D. Rose, but put CP3 on that Bulls team with a healthy Pau - they probably win a ring this year.

and how exactly is this bulls team better than what he has with the clippers?

other than being in the d-league east i dont see how he has a better chance with the bulls. he's still not beating lebron 

My biggest gripe with CP0 is this:

He's supposed to be a generational talent and top player at his position right? Then why, outside of NT, does he not get near the slander that Kobe, Durant, LeBron, Dirk, Carmelo, and others receive? Hell, let GSW get eliminated this year and I guarantee that Steph Curry whispers will start up.

Peyton Manning has won a Super Bowl and numerous MVPs and is called a choker ALL THE TIME. This is in football which is the ultimate team sport... and still... choke artist.

Chris Paul flies under the radar. His teammates and coaches get thrown under the bus, excuses left and right, capes come out in force, and we get the same narrative every year.

Yeah, he took some crap teams to the playoffs. Lots of players in the NBA have. Lots of QBs in the NFL have. Still... he ain't in NO anymore and some of the talking heads had them penciled in for a championship after the 3-1 lead. Talking about the Clippers are the second best team in the NBA and have the best starting five.

The excuses are running thin at this point. HoF player and great PG? For sure. Just stop acting like the guy is flawless and somehow better than guys like Stockton at this point in his career.
I think the reason CP3's hate flies under the radar outside of NT is because I never heard any of his fans claim he's the best or second best....until this thread. All the other players you mentioned, however, especially a Bron and Kobe, had their fans claim they were GOAT since their third season in the L.

Awwsome is my dude but i can't agree with CP3 being the top 2 yet. However, like someone else mentioned he got some time left before his book is written.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-131121/chris-paul-best-point-guard-ever

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/stor...urpassing-magic-johnson-best-point-guard-ever

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/i...clippers-are-the-second-best-team-in-the-nba/

LOL ,yeah ESPN...trying to make a story as usual. Those articles are horrible but still to my point, I've never heard any Chris Paul fan say he's the best or second best but I don't live in LA so not sure what the folks are saying down there.

the cp0 is great argument in a nutshell:

I know what you're thinking: "Better than Magic? Paul has never even been to the NBA Finals. He's never even won an MVP. How dare you stomp on Magic's legacy!"

Stomp on this: Paul has the highest player efficiency rating of any point guard in history (25.6) and considerably higher than Johnson (23.5). And if you look at win shares, which estimates the number of wins a player contributes to the bottom line, it tells the same story.

the cp0 is great argument in a nutshell:

I know what you're thinking: "Better than Magic? Paul has never even been to the NBA Finals. He's never even won an MVP. How dare you stomp on Magic's legacy!"

Stomp on this: Paul has the highest player efficiency rating of any point guard in history (25.6) and considerably higher than Johnson (23.5). And if you look at win shares
, which estimates the number of wins a player contributes to the bottom line, it tells the same story.

:rofl: yeah that's HORRIBLE! So THAT'S what you guys were referencing in this thread when you guys were talking about win shares.

The last time I remember him doing legit damage. Was that year they lost to the Spurs in 7, that can't could not be stopped.

Clearly we have different definitions of 'could not be stopped'. :lol:

*edit* Oh, wait, were you saying that Spurs team could not be stopped?

Last edited:
just some basic math here

this dude has played in the league for 10 years

of those 10 years he has only made the all nba first time 40% of the time

second team 10% of the time

third team 10% of the time

no nba team 40% of the time

so he has not been the best pg in the league for over half his career yet he's top 2 all time? 

so he has not been the best pg in the league for over half his career yet he's top 2 all time? 

Hmmmmmmmm.

He actually has a thread now?

My god, y'all go through leaps and bounds to shoot down any notion regarding CP3. It's funny and weird af at the same time 
laugh.gif

Idk why I'm even responding to this, but making you look foolish is enjoyable.

What rookie or sophomore makes the All NBA team? Throw out his first 2 years. Go to his 3rd year, he finished 2nd in MVP voting barely hehind your God...made All NBA first team his 3rd year in the Leage. The following year..08-09 he was 2nd team. That year... Dwade and Kobe were the Guards on the 1st team. You do know that All NBA doesn't go PG, SG right?

2010 he was injured and not eligible to make the All NBA team. 2011, he was coming off a serious injury and still managed to make the All NBA team.

That brings us to now he's made the 1st team for the last 3 years straight. Will likely be 2nd team All NBA this year.

So it's REALLY easy to see why he's been the top PG in the League for roughly the last 10 years. But you are a skip Baylee's disciple, so there's no point in reasoning with you.

Idk why I'm even responding to this, but making you look foolish is enjoyable.

What rookie or sophomore makes the All NBA team? Throw out his first 2 years. Go to his 3rd year, he finished 2nd in MVP voting barely hehind your God...made All NBA first team his 3rd year in the Leage. The following year..08-09 he was 2nd team. That year... Dwade and Kobe were the Guards on the 1st team. You do know that All NBA doesn't go PG, SG right?

2010 he was injured and not eligible to make the All NBA team. 2011, he was coming off a serious injury and still managed to make the All NBA team.

That brings us to now he's made the 1st team for the last 3 years straight. Will likely be 2nd team All NBA this year.

So it's REALLY easy to see why he's been the top PG in the League for roughly the last 10 years. But you are a skip Baylee's disciple, so there's no point in reasoning with you.
Count_von_Count_kneeling.png

oh greetings! it is I, the count, and it is time to answer the that fascinating question what is the NT number of the day!? ahhaha

lets count the excuses and find out!

"What rookie or sophomore makes the All NBA team?"

one, that's one excuse

"The following year..08-09 he was 2nd team. That year... Dwade and Kobe were the Guards on the 1st team."

two excuses!

"2010 he was injured and not eligible to make the All NBA team."

THREE! we have THREE excuses!

"2011, he was coming off a serious injury and still managed to make the All NBA team."

FOUR, FOUR GLORIOUS EXCUSES! 

THE NIKE TALK NUMBER OF THE DAY IS 4!

so what you're saying is that he's made the all nba first team in 40% of the years he's played in the league. k understood 

Last edited:
But if the criteria is 'performing at the highest level', being hurt is not that.

Grant Hill is better than LeBron... if injuries count for what potentially could have been.

It's not Chris' fault he was injured, but he can't get credited for basketball that wasn't played due to injury. "He WOULD have made First Team if he wasn't injured." But he was, though.

Back
Top Bottom