The Endangered Species in Rap: The Female MC

i agree the female mc is a lost cause.....but ms. hill compares to no other

The-Miseducation-Of-Lauryn_3FF5AA7E.jpg

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Fact is, there's no female hip hop fans. I mean there's chics out there who are fans of songs that appeal to them(see: TI, LL, Plies, etc.) but they're not supportin' females. And dudes ain't gonna support them so there's no market for them. And to be honest I don't want to hear a female rap. I'm coo with Jean Grae, Missy to an extent.....that's about it. That chic Nikki Minaj can spit but like what dude is gonna buy that album lol? Unless she's butt naked in the cd booklet? There's just no market for them. Just like there's currently no market for kidd rappers or 80 year old rappers. I mean even Eve can't even get a release date. If you gonna make it as a female rapper you better offer up more than just rhyming like Missy. You better be able to sing, produce, write, etc.

i disagree.
eyes.gif

ehh..missy.
grin.gif
but jean grae, rah digga, mc lyte
pimp.gif

and someone please save lauryn.
frown.gif

What ever happened to rah digga? I mean sure she sounded like a dude but from what I remember she could spit.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Fact is, there's no female hip hop fans. I mean there's chics out there who are fans of songs that appeal to them(see: TI, LL, Plies, etc.) but they're not supportin' females. And dudes ain't gonna support them so there's no market for them. And to be honest I don't want to hear a female rap. I'm coo with Jean Grae, Missy to an extent.....that's about it. That chic Nikki Minaj can spit but like what dude is gonna buy that album lol? Unless she's butt naked in the cd booklet? There's just no market for them. Just like there's currently no market for kidd rappers or 80 year old rappers. I mean even Eve can't even get a release date. If you gonna make it as a female rapper you better offer up more than just rhyming like Missy. You better be able to sing, produce, write, etc.

roll.gif
indifferent.gif
stopped reading there.

It's not just the rap industry, it's the society we live in....the best thing a women has going for her is her looks...I really stupid to think thatguys go out and risk their lives and life in jail to make it rain on a stripper....Plain and simple sex/violence sells and if your a women sex is the bestoption...No lie if I was a women, I wouldn't ever work a 9-5 when I could "use what I got, to get what I want"

There's def a market for it, the large corporate labels owned by non-hip hop heads just don't see it.

There are a lot of dope female emcees around, they just don't get the exposure they deserve.

In Europe, it's a different story. During the summer there was a We B Girlz (named after the book put together by Martha Cooper) festival in Berlin withfemale emcees, djs, bgirls, graff writers, etc from all over.. and a tour all across Europe with Roxanne Shante, Bahamadia, Dj Shortee, Invincible, andupcoming artists Yarah Bravo, Eternia, and Stacy Epps. It was HUGE. They're out there, the major labels just don't give a f.

*Edit

Rocy you really don't know what you're talking about. It's obvious you have not been exposed to hardly anything in your life. I'll just leaveit at that.

Of the ones I've heard, I say Amanda Diva is at the top of the pack. As previously stated, female MCs gotta be versatile with it these days as far aswriting, producing, sing and whatnot. The market is there, but labels just gotta push it right. Find an intelligent woman that has some substance to her musicand push her to women as their "hero". The women will connect with her, and its a wrap from there. Fiona Simone is good out of Atlanta. I also likeStacy Epps, but she's moreso on the vocalist tip than rapping.

Never felt female rappers though.

What would you prefer? Rapping about guns and stuff, or rappin about girl things? like love and stuff. haha

Id probably prefer women rapping about love now than guns. That gun talk is definitely getting played out plus when you see some real #%+ go down it changesyour vision on it.

Back
Top Bottom