****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

I don't get it either. Mass media laughed at the first week sales...and they moved a quarter million in one week for a product they don't even physically have produced yet.

How come major media outlets aren't talking more about how Lebron and Kevin Durant aren't turning profits wth their sig lines?

LaVar Ball on son's NCAA eligibility: 'If he can't play, then he can't play'

• i

Jeff GoodmanESPN Insider
The youngest Ball brother, 16-year-old high school junior LaMelo Ball, now has his own signature shoe and his father, LaVar Ball, told ESPN that he isn't concerned whether it will affect his son's college eligibility.

"We'll worry about it when we get there," Ball told ESPN. "Who cares? If he can't play, then he can't play. It doesn't mean he'll stop working out and getting better."

The NCAA was asked by ESPN about the matter Thursday and said, "Generally speaking, a college athlete or prospect paid for use of their athletics reputation or ability risks their future eligibility in that sport."

"This includes profiting from the sale of items bearing the young person's name," NCAA spokesperson Emily James told ESPN's Darren Rovell. "NCAA rules, however, do allow prospects to promote commercial products prior to enrollment, provided it is not for pay."

UCLA also issued a statement to ESPN that could not comment specifically about LaMelo Ball, citing NCAA rules.

"UCLA cannot comment on any prospective student-athlete until he or she has signed a letter of intent or scholarship agreement," the statement read." Any prospective student-athlete's amateur status needs to be certified prior to his or her participating in team activity. As such, NCAA eligibility is assessed at the start of every student-athlete's academic year and is re-evaluated, as needed. Once cleared by the NCAA, institutions can allow that student-athlete to participate."

LaMelo Ball's shoe -- the MB1 -- was available Thursday for pre-order through Big Baller Brand's website for $395. His oldest brother, Los Angeles Lakersrookie Lonzo Ball, introduced his signature shoe this summer for $495.

LaMelo Ball, who attends Chino Hills (California) High, has verbally committed to attend UCLA in two years. He is ranked as the No. 7 player in the Class of 2019.

He is not under the NCAA's purview until he signs a letter of intent.

"Maybe in two years, they'll change the rule and he'll be able to go to the NBA straight out of high school," LaVar Ball said.

LiAngelo (Gelo) Ball, the middle brother, is a freshman for the Bruins. He cannot endorse Big Baller Brand without his eligibility being compromised.

"Gelo will be next, but right now he's handcuffed by UCLA," LaVar Ball said. "He'd be ineligible if we put out a shoe with him."

Ball has said that none of his sons would play more than one season of college basketball.

"He won't be ineligible in April," he said of LiAngelo. "That's when he'll have his own shoe."

Ball and his family also debuted the reality show, "Ball in the Family," on Facebook on Thursday. He said it'll be a 10-episode weekly series.

"We had an offer from NBC, but we turned it down," Ball said. "Who's watching TV these days? Facebook was the smart move for us because that's the future."

:smh: they tryna play em

why? thats dumb. she was with him long before you knew of the Ball family. Lavar about loyalty. you think the tenderonis a rooki NBA star come into contact with are generally of good moral character? i dont

all the Balls are winning. shorty is smart enough to be insecure. theyll work thru that. or not

but she a keeper
Lavar prolly schooling Lonzo on them gd's that's about to show themselves. "if she ain't cutting your steak for you, she ain't BBB material. Ain't nothing wrong with trickin off but don't get caught up" :rofl:

Lavar prolly schooling Lonzo on them gd's that's about to show themselves. "if she ain't cutting your steak for you, she ain't BBB material. Ain't nothing wrong with trickin off but don't get caught up" :rofl:
and real talk
he young
let him run through them girls
get it out of his system
if its meant to be they will work through it
specially if she stay loyal
like if my son made it to the nba
i wouldn't want him locked down with a girl
id want him to have his fun first and experience life
than be tied down

Let's be real here...Lonzo Ball in Westwood as a college freshman was probably a bigger star in LA than anyone on the Lakers, Clippers, Rams, or Dodgers.

Why do we think he isn't already swimming in 10s?

Let's be real here...Lonzo Ball in Westwood as a college freshman was probably a bigger star in LA than anyone on the Lakers, Clippers, Rams, or Dodgers.

Why do we think he isn't already swimming in 10s?
He wasn't drivin the 'rarri tho :lol:

Lonzo luv the G wagon , big body **** :pimp:

All he gotta do is remember to wrap it up and he good money

Lavar had been got all 3 of them BMW 640i's but Lonzo might've gotten a G Wagon now and Lamelo a lambo. As long as Lonzo doesn't marry Denise he'll be good, pro athletes should never marry and if they eventually break down to it better wait til after career is over like Jeter

I just watched episodes 1 & 2.....

Denise is a dime no doubt but Zo gotta drop her

She is way too insecure and jealous. its not something they couldn't beat, but it's gonna be hella headaches, lies and fights. Best thing to do is drop her now and run thru the groupies for bout 10 yrs or however long it takes to get it out of his system

Lavar had been got all 3 of them BMW 640i's but Lonzo might've gotten a G Wagon now and Lamelo a lambo. As long as Lonzo doesn't marry Denise he'll be good, pro athletes should never marry and if they eventually break down to it better wait til after career is over like Jeter
Pro athlete has more options however its on the dude to be honest with himself if he's ready. I know cats with no job that get cheat on their wives :lol:

First 2 episodes BBB :pimp:

The LaVar & Tina parts was really nice to watch

Got Gelo some air time :lol:

Zo & his girl was cool cutting the Steak for the boy :pimp:

Ep's 3 preview look's like Var & Melo have a talk about Melo outbursts :lol:

Is it just me or does Gelo Gelo sound slow when he speaks? Melo gonna be the first Ball brother to have a kid :rofl:

I wouldn't say pros should NEVER marry. Men naturally have the urge to procreate and continue their lineage...and typically marriage is the preferred route for that path. But I wouldn't recommend a 19 year old pro athlete to marry young.

Do it when you're mature enough to make it work. I think the elephant in the room with most athlete marriages is that the wife just simply doesn't want to be embarrassed and doesn't want confirmation about what their husbands are doing...but deep down they know what's up. Be smart and discreet enough to not get caught if you're going to **** around. Or enter a Kirilenko situation where there's an agreement in place. Or...maybe there's another arrangement to be had.

I'm not namedropping...but I've heard 2nd hand stories of nba dudes who are into some wild swinger ****. Some of those vacations ya'll be seeing of everyone taking their wives and girlfriends together...it's some wild **** going on behind the scenes you don't see :lol:

Regarding Zo...IMO...shorty know what's good. I think all that emo **** was for the cameras. she ain't trying to give up the lifestyle that's to come. Hate to judge someone I don't know...but I know all too well about how some of these young chicks be on their Get Out **** and be scouting for prospects trying to get that come up...and I get that vibe from her.

Is it just me or does Gelo Gelo sound slow when he speaks? Melo gonna be the first Ball brother to have a kid :rofl:

I'd bet on Gelo to be the first to have a kid, the quiet ones u gotta watch out for. Zo too smart

A star pro athlete just has too much to lose and too much at risk to legally bind themselves to some chick imo. I just wouldn't recommend it unless you're going to marry a chick with just as much to lose if not more like a Brady Gisele marriage. You can have kids without being married and do it on your terms in a Cristiano Ronaldo Situation since you have the means to do it. If you absolutely want to get married I'd say follow the Jeter Blueprint and wait til you're 40+ and your lifestyle probably changes after your playing career is over to where its more conducive for a traditional marriage lifestyle. You can find a 26 year old Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model to marry at 43 like Jeter

Last edited:
In my opinion, Western standards for marriage are mad overrated. People waste thousands of dollars for weddings, years of their lives often with the wrong person, and thousands of dollars when marriages don't work out. I'm not getting married anytime soon and don't plan to either prob. If I decide to have kids I'm prob not marrying my baby momma, even if I love her and don't see myself leaving her for other women. I've seen too many friends and loved ones lose everything because their marriage didn't work out, now they're working overtime and busting their asses just to pay child support and spousal support after they lost their cribs, cars, and half of their pensions. A bad marriage can break the average joe, and may be even worse for a dude with millions in the bank. If I were Zo I'm not even thinking about marriage until my career is over.

I'm not namedropping...but I've heard 2nd hand stories of nba dudes who are into some wild swinger ****. Some of those vacations ya'll be seeing of everyone taking their wives and girlfriends together...it's some wild **** going on behind the scenes you don't see :lol:

So you saying Lebron and nem on some Eyes Wide Shut ****. Ah no.

sheesh. y'all got his whole life planned for him lol. he is only 19. let him play the first game first lol. let this play out man, who knows what will happen. Niketalk Extremes lol

Back
Top Bottom