****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

man, this dude likes to talk but the media likes to hang on his every word even more

The media builds you up to bring you down.

They'll throw a mic in front of his face as much as they can as long as he provides them with material they can sensationalize.

If the kids flop though, the same media is going to be making reports mocking him.

Look at the big picture, Lavar finessed his two other kids into full rides at UCLA before any recruiters came knocking, forget basketball he got his kids into a great school period.
Well the younger hasnt signed anything yet, from what i heard its just committments from both nothing in ink. Could be wrong bout the middle.

But like i said earlier who cares they are going to UCLA but for what 4 months basically. Enough to be eligible for bball season then never attending class again.

So to say "great institution/school" w/e yall keep throwing out is irrelevant. Just say he got his kids in to college

I do also believe Lonzo will be the only one to amount to anything beyond college. Younger bros almost always fall short of expectation especially when the eldest is a prodigy. Ask Steph, Klay and Blakes lil brothers.

-Seth Curry is a starter on an NBA team

-Blake Griffin has no lil brothers. Taylor is his older

-Klay Thompson's younger brother plays baseball. Mychel is his older brother

Yo i was reading this like

View media item 2367740
:rofl:

Last edited:
The media builds you up to bring you down.

They'll throw a mic in front of his face as much as they can as long as he provides them with material they can sensationalize.

If the kids flop though, the same media is going to be making reports mocking him.

I can agree with this.

But here's what I think is the beauty of it.

Lavar seems like the father, through no matter what will be behind his kids all the way.

So even if they do "flop" or "bust" he will be them no matter what. Encouraging them... ect.

Lavar seems like the father, through no matter what will be behind his kids all the way.

So even if they do "flop" or "bust" he will be them no matter what. Encouraging them... ect.

Isnt that what parents are supposed to do

He's no different than 98% of other parents out there in that scenario

Last edited:

Is that what parents are supposed to do

He's no different than 98% of other parents out there in that scenario

Uhhh yeah, they are.... which is exactly why I don't get why people slandering him for being a Father. :lol:

I'm curious as to how this plays out on the professional level though.

It's one thing in high school, or one and done college ball where you're playing for free. But I wonder how things will play out on the professional level if a team that's going to be paying Lonzo millions doesn't want to deal the fathers theatrics.

I guess they'll cross that bridge when the time comes, but I could see NBA coaches and gm's less willing to tolerate him as opposed to chino hills high school who is just happy to be along for the ride, or ucla who is content with their 4 month one and done season that's going to resort in a likely deep tournament run. I do see the dynamics potentially changing on a professional level.

wilbon and kornheiser were saying the nba gm's and management they know would tell the dad see you later.

Yet I look at dads like Bryce Harpers, who was a pretty strict guy. Steelworker by day, "forcing" his son into practice as other kids ate ice cream and celebrated a big tourney win. That turned out great.

There are probably more lowkey fathers/uncles/coaches/mentors helping thousands of division I athletes strive that keep it on the DL.

To me, thats why this hate is so widespread. I think Lavar is genuine. But it feels like hes being called out for being fake and playing to an audience. Keep your head down low, and grind. Even when you make it, I havent heard a crazy interview from a lot of these parental figures

Last edited:
It's alot of lavars out there, they just don't care to be in the media, dancing all in the videos or want to push their own brands. I think liangelo need to look into staying 4 years and getting a degree and getting on the business side of things or something :lol:.

Chino Hills vs Bishop Montgomery for the Socal Peeps who wanna watch is on rn

Supposedly it's an audio of Lavar saying Lebrons sons are going to be wack at basketball. At this point the guys just trolling lmao.

If his kids can play, they can play. I doubt pops shenanigans will impact things either way in that respect.
real deal

if lebron jr doesnt change

and actually does chase his dads shadow

we might be in for a monster in the next few years

If isiah played a part in having the 85 eastern conference all star team freeze out Jordan because he was salty a rookie was starting the game.

I wouldn't put it past lebron or curry to make an effort to embarrass Lonzo when his team plays Cleveland or Golden State. Either shutting him out or scoring on him repeatedly.

The self promotion and promoting your sons as being great and the future of the league is a good look. If anyone gets rubbed off the wrong way by that they need to stop being sensitive.

The making slick remarks about other players kids, or other players in the league in general though is a bad look. How I or anyone else on here feels about doesn't matter. But how lebron, curry etc interpret it does matter.
u wouldnt? fr u wouldnt

they not that soft

real talk mfs really dont care

Dudes' dad is setting them up to where they better step in and immediately be Kyrie, Wall, and Westbrook, or it's curtains

Last edited:
I wonder how this plays out when his son gets an agent(assuming Lavar isn't going to be his) or with the NBA coaches and management if his son isn't getting the playing time he thinks he deserves

u wouldnt? fr u wouldnt

they not that soft

real talk mfs really dont care

Curry seems like the type to brush it off and not take it a certain way. Lebron was pissed over Draymond Green calling him a B, he was pissed at Phil over the while posse thing. I wouldn't put it past him to be pissed over the pops saying he thinks his kids aren't going to be good.

No matter what though. I'm looking forward to seeing things play out leading up to the draft and next season. If Lonzo develops into a superstar, we're not going to hear the end of it from his pops and it comes with the territory. If he's a star or superstar, his pops is part of the package and teams will bite their tongue and deal with it. If he doesn't produce, teams will view the father as a distraction and be much more critical of his presence than they would if Lonzo becomes a superstar. When you're a superstar and a cash cow, teams are much more tolerant of things they normally wouldn't want to deal with because you have the leverage.

That's just how sports and to an extent life works. When Terrell Owens was putting up superstar numbers, teams tolerated all the antics. Late in his career when he could still play but wasn't a superstar anymore he had trouble finding a team. Same with Iverson. When he was MVP and selling a ton of jerseys, the 76ers tolerated all the practice stuff and clashing with coaches. Once his game declined, teams passed on him for less skilled players when he still had something left in the tank.

If Lebron wasn't as great as he was, Dan Gilbert doesn't come crawling with his tail between his legs in 2014 begging him to come back.

Last edited:
Like i said before, if it doesnt pan out the only people this is going to effect are the boys. Whether that emotionally, psychologically, physically .. all that hype and you fall short has an effect on a person

roll.gif
At least he's better than this guy:

Back
Top Bottom