****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Butler beat Kansas St and a hot Michigan St team full of black players. Same goes for Duke who beat Baylor and WVU.

Duke started 2 blacks and 3 whites, majority of their team was white, I thought you can't win a championship that way?

Lavar's idiotic point is still invalid.

you focused on the "white" part and not the "subpar foot speed" part.

but, continue.

You like two weeks behind on Lavar's hot take campaign, catch up :smh:

Pimped by getting paid millions to wear sneakers? It's an endorsement. His dad isn't going to pay him that kinda money to wear some 3BB shoes.
lol exactly. nike really pimped out bron with that billion dollar contract. and definitely finessed him with that 90 mill they payed him before he even played one game
eyes.gif

Nike ain't pimping these dudes man. They giving out crazy contracts but it is funny that a Nike exec is sweating over Lavar.

Nike has pimped and will continue to pimp athletes. Could care less what LeBron is on track to make or what MJ did in his 30 years with Nike but I know for a fact Nike has made way more off those SIG's than Mike or Lebron ever will. Lavar wants his kids and their brand to be as big as Nike and that exec obviously has a issue with him wanting to shake things up by not playing his "role". Imagine if all the top flight prospects came out with their own brand and at most was looking to sign a partnership rather than a deal. Nike, Adidas, etc would merely become distributors to every superstar athlete that has their own brand coming out of college and that's something they aren't gonna allow.

Last edited:
I get why LaVar has the nike exec feeling some type of way.

He's just one person. Lonzo and his brothers are just 3 athletes out of many, and if anything they could just not sign Lonzo and move onto the next athlete. But LaVar isn't playing that "I'm just happy my kid had a nike deal" line. He wants his kids to have a piece of the pie and if more athletes have that approach when it comes to their deals, LaVar sparking that initial approach is going to be a thorn in their side.

Don't see how anybody can defend this dude. Sure you can push your kids, but he's just an arrogant douche. You don't have to make outlandish statements and turn yourself into a character to hype up your kids. If he'd just chill, people wouldn't be on his *** so heavy.

Dudes is mad cause Lavar doesn't want his kids to be Lebron but wants them to be Phil Knight instead :lol:

Them 2 morons up there have no clue about business. Why wouldn't you want to be in control of your own brand as opposed to being an ambassador for someone else.

If lonzo becomes the player he has the potential to be or more, not giving up everything will be more beneficial in the long run. Plus if he holds out now and becomes a superstar, he will have more leverage if he decides to do a deal.

Nike has pimped and will continue to pimp athletes. Could care less what LeBron is on track to make or what MJ did in his 30 years with Nike but I know for a fact Nike has made way more off those SIG's than Mike or Lebron ever will. Lavar wants his kids and their brand to be as big as Nike and that exec obviously has a issue with him wanting to shake things up by not playing his "role". Imagine if all the top flight prospects came out with their own brand and at most was looking to sign a partnership rather than a deal. Nike, Adidas, etc would merely become distributors to every superstar athlete that has their own brand coming out of college and that's something they aren't gonna allow.

except who will make these trash starbury/payless elite shoes?

its not like buying bulk blank t shirts and imprinting 3 bs on them

except who will make these trash starbury/payless elite shoes?

its not like buying bulk blank t shirts and imprinting 3 bs on them

You really think if they could get a distribution deal with one of these sneaker companies they won't work closely with some of the thousand extremely talented fashion designers to improve their logo and merchandising ? The BBB you see right now is literally a alpha version of what if could potentially become with some backing by industry elites.

Don't see how anybody can defend this dude. Sure you can push your kids, but he's just an arrogant douche.

Quite sure all those upper middle class/high class father's who are pushing their sons to be engineers, lawyers, investment bankers, corporate execs, etc are some of the most wholesome and down to earth people in the world. You want him to push his children to a certain limit and I fail to understand why

Last edited:
You really think if they could get a distribution deal with one of these sneaker companies they won't work closely with some of the thousand extremely talented fashion designers to improve their logo and merchandising ? The BBB you see right now is literally a alpha version of what if could potentially become with some backing by industry elites.

the best way to get nike to distribute your off brand shoe is to tell them "F YOU, PAY ME" while the kid is still an amateur.

that's definitely the best way to get them to BLESS YOU WITH THE GRACE OF GOD and design, create, manufacture, distribute AND carry your off brand sneakers, which have sold literally 0 pairs to date.

oh, and while we're talking in miracles, nike will also allow their contracted designers to casually make BBB shoes, cause lavar ball is so respected and loved. THey will also only ask for the cost of production, giving the balls the lions share of the profits, as well.

this is similar to the treatment kanye got. and i mean, that's just little ole kanye west, not LAVAR AND LONZO BALL we talking about, here....

what are you, 12?

the best way to get nike to distribute your off brand shoe is to tell them "F YOU, PAY ME" while the kid is still an amateur.

that's definitely the best way to get them to BLESS YOU WITH THE GRACE OF GOD and design, create, manufacture, distribute AND carry your off brand sneakers, which have sold literally 0 pairs to date.

oh, and while we're talking in miracles, nike will also allow their contracted designers to casually make BBB shoes, cause lavar ball is so respected and loved. THey will also only ask for the cost of production, giving the balls the lions share of the profits, as well.

this is similar to the treatment kanye got. and i mean, that's just little ole kanye west, not LAVAR AND LONZO BALL we talking about, here....

what are you, 12?

Why are you so mad ?

We talking about sneakers/branding and a certain parents vision for his kids

You feel he's unrealistic and crazy for his said vision that's cool

But miss me with the insults cause you don't agree that's a whole next level of corny

Lavar really got some of y'all panties in a bunch for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Pimped by getting paid millions to wear sneakers? It's an endorsement. His dad isn't going to pay him that kinda money to wear some 3BB shoes.

lol exactly. nike really pimped out bron with that billion dollar contract. and definitely finessed him with that 90 mill they payed him before he even played one game:rolleyes

Ol' "I'm just happy to be here" type dudes

:lol:

Dudes is mad cause Lavar doesn't want his kids to be Lebron but wants them to be Phil Knight instead :lol:

It's crazy how all the rules change when it comes to sports, specifically basketball and football.

People, black and white, get SO rustled when they see an athlete break the mold and threaten the establishment.

And some of you sound like you're drinking that lavar kool-aid straight from the source. Yeah lonzo will make a good choice turning down gatorade and trying to push 3bb branded tap water.

You gotta be crazy to think Lebron and MJ aren't being pimped out or are "winning" with the money they make off they shoes.

You think Nike gon off Bron a billy and not expect to get practically exponentially more out the deal? Them execs don't want players to have the thought they can get money off they own name

Back
Top Bottom