The Fall of Paypal vol. Who is Ayden?

When it starts
EBay said it will start the transition in payments processing later this year, with the majority of its marketplace customers using the new partner by 2021.

The e-commerce pioneer said the change will lead to lower costs for sellers, along with more options and a more integrated checkout experience for buyers. Netherlands-based Ayden also provides payment services for Netflix, Spotify and Uber. Ebay shares rose 15% Thursday after a better-than-forecast outlook.

"After careful consideration, we believe that we can offer a more seamless experience while giving buyers and sellers more choice for payment and payout options," President and CEO Devin Wenig said during eBay's quarterly earnings call.

What about PayPal?
EBay said PayPal will remain "an important partner," with a deal keeping the service as an option to make purchases in the marketplace until July 2023.

The online marketplace acquired PayPal in 2002, spinning it off in 2014, partly due to pressure from activist investor Carl Icahn, who had long advocated for a split of the two companies.

I for one HATE paypal; both as a seller and buyer. HATE, hate, HATE IT!

I think this is a good move.

Thoughts?

I’ve been using PayPal for some time now and I buy and sell on eBay regularly (4-5 years now)

Should I apply for a card?

Op why u got beef wit da paypal

Paypal did me dirty for almost 30k.

Was selling bulk and they wanted invoices and licenses for me selling the shoes...I couldn't provide it and had to wait a couple of years to get my money.

They also got me a few times over the past couple of years on chargebacks even with full documentation, sign confirm and all that.

Me no like them.

Oh, and every now and then, they'll hold payments for 21 days (or when tracking updates).

I've lost a few thousand on that just alone because I ship the shoes, wait...buyer files a claim and they always side with them.

I'm like 10 for 100 on paypal with chargebacks and ****.

And competition is always good.

Paypal had a monopoly on the net till square and stripe can around.

Amazon payments is taking a good share of the market too.

Paypal is convenient as a buyer but as a seller...it's hit or miss.

Paypal did me dirty for almost 30k.

Was selling bulk and they wanted invoices and licenses for me selling the shoes...I couldn't provide it and had to wait a couple of years to get my money.

What brand of shoes were you selling?

Nike and Jordans. This was when "GR" was fetching present day retail.

I was selling 50-100 pair per transaction to a few shops and overseas.

Everything was good till 72-10s dropped. Paypal froze my account after shipping out 500 pairs. They reversed the withdraw and made me wait 180 days for the first half then 180 days for the rest.

sounds more like a tax thing...were you complying with da obligations?

Nike and Jordans. This was when "GR" was fetching present day retail.

I was selling 50-100 pair per transaction to a few shops and overseas.

Everything was good till 72-10s dropped. Paypal froze my account after shipping out 500 pairs. They reversed the withdraw and made me wait 180 days for the first half then 180 days for the rest.

Did you personally have a Nike/JB account where you were able to order 500 pairs of '72-10' AJ XIs?

I've been buying and selling my personal kicks for as long as I've been on NT and I've never had a single problem with eBay. Only once I had a 'wasteman' try to claim his credit card was used to fraudulently purchase a pair of kicks I sold but I kept all shipping proof and even showed that the same individual left me positive feedback. Had that case closed in 48 hours max.

sounds more like a tax thing...were you complying with da obligations?

I think I was one of the only “resellers” paying taxes. I bank with a credit union and my rep told me the high amounts would raise a flag so to make sure I reported it all. They wanted receipts to prove that I was selling legit merchandise and had a wholesaler license. Not one issue from selling bulk (as far as authenticity), but I had a wholesale license from when I was in a car club but the mom n pop wasn’t providing receipts. It was a cash only transaction. They did their thing to satisfy Nike’s contract so I guess that screwed me.

vood99 vood99 No account. I had a mom n pop who fronted me their shipments cause I was their kids teacher one year.

eBay still owns PayPal don’t they ? They just separated their operations I thought ?

Edshoecater, sounds like you were killing it, but how does a mom and pop get 500 pairs of 72-10’s for you ?

eBay still owns PayPal don’t they ? They just separated their operations I thought ?

Edshoecater, sounds like you were killing it, but how does a mom and pop get 500 pairs of 72-10’s for you ?

Full family sizes but from more than one source.

It was a mix of them and using bots early on.

I went cold turkey after that and exclusively consigned

Back
Top Bottom