The First Picture Of Microsoft Retail Store's Construction. Apple Has Nothing To Worry About.

hollakid619

Banned
[h2]First pic of Microsoft retail store's construction -- both Abercrombie & Fitch visibly nervous[/h2]
by Laura June posted Aug 7th 2009 at 5:44PM

Here you have it, folks. We knew this was coming, but the first photographic evidence of a Microsoft retail store under construction has just come to us -- via the company's Twitter account -- and we have to say, it brought a few tears of joy to our eyes. The first two stores are set to be opened in Scottsdale, Arizona and Mission Viejo, California this fall. Wonder if the inside will look anything like those plans we saw?

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Microsoft Store concept revealed in leaked design presentation?[/h2]
by Ross Miller posted Jul 24th 2009 at 6:57PM

Microsoft's very real brick-and-mortar stores are not too far off now, and it looks like Gizmodo got its hands on a Powerpoint presentation purportedly from "design and brand strategy" consultant firm Lippicott for how these retail outlets might turn out. The presentation overall is reminiscent of Apple's stores, complete with its own "Answer Bar" for troubleshooting. Other highlights include lots of Surface demos scattered about the interior, a massive "digital media wall" screen that wraps around the store, and stage areas for Windows 7, Media Center, WinMo, and netbooks. Additionally, the slides discuss in-store events centered around Project Natal, the ever-secret project codenamed Pink, and most importantly... the option to throw your birthday party on location. While it's not 100 percent clear what the purpose of some of these slides might be -- or if this is even the firm the big M has gone with -- there is a lot here that's piqued our curiosity. Whether or not this ends up being indicative of the final product, something tells us that last bit about the birthday parties is gonna be key to its success -- get on it, Steve.

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

I can't imagine wanting to go inside a Microsoft store.
What? You mean you don't want to play with the Zune?
roll.gif

If they get things like the "surface" technology in there, i would love to check it out.

I think you guys are really underestimating how cool these stores could be, and the heated comp. between apple and ms is great for us as consumers.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

If they get things like the "surface" technology in there, i would love to check it out.

I think you guys are really underestimating how cool these stores could be, and the heated comp. between apple and ms is great for us as consumers.

scottsdale arizona.. that means they are opening one at scottsdale fashion square. There will be nothing I want to do in there

MS is making a big comeback slowly but surely.

Even though they have always been the market leader by a large margin, in the last 3-4 years they have lost cool points with consumers and clout with computergeeks due to unreliability...but with Project Natal coming out next year, the Zune HD getting rave reviews, Windows 7 being called the best OS ever, the newWinPhone OS and Surface starting to be implemented in the real world...Remond is getting its swagger back.

This is Microsoft we are talking about here, you know damn well how deep their pockets are. Im pretty sure they will not disappoint

Originally Posted by Dakingii

This is Microsoft we are talking about here, you know damn well how deep their pockets are. Im pretty sure they will not disappoint
It's not that though ...

Microsoft just tends to be boring sometimes .

Why not? 3/4 of the people that go to Apple stores are surfing on the Internet most of the time, and the rest of their time is devoted to "ooing" and"ahhing" over the newest shiny Apple product.

Not too hard to beat IMO. Plus, MS has the 360, so it will instantly attract the younger crowd.

And not to mention the bazillion dollars MS has for advertising.

Yeah Surface is
pimp.gif
But I still havent seen them anywhere.� If they createdthings like this for home use, it would be great.

Originally Posted by apassionforshoes23

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Originally Posted by Dakingii

It's not that though ...

Microsoft just tends to be boring sometimes .

Does the OS truly even get better? I swear it gets harder and harder to use as time goes on...
You mean Windows 7??

Joint is tough
glasses.gif

ain't nothing like having a birthday party in a retail store.........

this is great for all consumers though....

That surface thing looks cool. I'd only go into a Microsoft store to play with one of those.

Back
Top Bottom