THE GALAXY NEXUS BY GOOGLE & SAMSUNG (What you know and need to know on PG.1) *UPDATE 3.1* 11/4

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Originally Posted by MJair

No Gorilla Glass? That sucks...

Who told you that? I haven't seen a Samsung phone without Gorilla Glass in years.

33xbyv4.jpg

Not sure how credible these articles are but there are a lot of them.

Not a dealbreaker for me but I would prefer if it did have GG.

corning-tweet.jpg

however

Update

After reaching out to Samsung about this issue, they were not able to say much. They basically mentioned that instead of choosing Corning Gorilla Glass, they had chosen to use another type of fortified glass.

Not exactly as extensive of an answer, as we expected. It can be a little disappointing that these details wouldn’t be specified, even after being officially announced. The curved screen definitely helps protect the screen against scratches, though. We can expect this “fortified glass

I'm sure there not down grading from gg if anything its gonna be something better

Originally Posted by omgitswes

put a physical keyboard on this and it'll be dopeeeee

kinda defeats the purpose of going with the on-screen navigation purpose, also this is 2011 going into 2012 we should stop worrying about keyboards.

contemplating on getting this or the droid razr... i guess ill wait until i see both and make a decision... if anything i can pass on both and get something in a few months because android always updates their phones anyway... i do admit im already bored of my incredible but its still a good phone though

The POS phone I am using now is starting to die on me. Turning off on its own and things like this. The Galaxy Nexus can't get here fast enough, hopefully it is released on November 10th like I have read but knowing Verizon I expect it to delay a couple weeks
30t6p3b.gif

Verizon Roadmap: Galaxy Nexus Appears Headed for Release Just After Black Friday
On 11.01.11, In Breaking, News, by Kellex
Share49
galaxy-nexus-verizon-launch-592x600.jpg

We just received word from multiple sources that Verizon is targeting the week of or just after Black Friday for the launch of the much anticipated Samsung Galaxy Nexus. In the screenshot you will see below, the initial marketing push from Big Red will be for the DROID RAZR and HTC Rezound leading up to that weekend, with the launch of the G-Nex coming in just days after.

There is a chance that the device could be out for Black Friday, but the chart below shows it as happening just after in “Samsung’s Holiday Porfolio.

Just traded my 3D for a brand new nexus s and 50 cash , having stock android and knowing im getting ICS ftw
pimp.gif

Will The Verizon Galaxy Nexus Be Available Beginning November 17th?

nexus-date-wip.png

We're still firmly filing this one in the "unconfirmed" category, but the screen you see above supposedly is a "work in progress" of what's about to go out to Verizon stores. And it pretty much looks like we could be looking at a Nov. 17 availability (and Nov. 15 in-store marketing) for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, which would bring Big Red in line with the rest of the world.

We're going to remain a bit dubious until we get word from Verizon itself, and our source says it's "been told the document pictured is a work in progress that will be sent out next week to all retail stores/partners along with promotional materials such as posters and flyers." So we'll see if the document is the work in progress, or the date, or what. And it's always possible this is just a friend of a friend messing with people (hey, it happens). But it does make more sense than waiting past the Black Friday holiday, don't it?

Some good news for you Verizon subscribers.

edit:More good News for out International users/UK Nt'ers

Samsung re-confirms Nov. 17 as Galaxy Nexus UK launch date

dsc01912.jpg

We might still be guessing about when the Galaxy Nexus will be making its debut on Verizon in the US, but the UK remains on track to get it on Nov. 17, according to Samsung UK. Sammy originally announced the date at last week's Galaxy Note World Tour in London, however we'd heard some rumors of a delay in the past 24 hours, so it's good to have confirmation that that's not the case.

Check out today's press release after the jump, or dive into our hands-on feature for more Galaxy Nexus goodness.

Back
Top Bottom