The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

I wonder how long these will last because idk if I should double up or not. Matbe for the white/green pair because they will show more signs of wear than the black/white pair

Pretty easy purchase. Brings back so many good memories!

Nice :nthat:

Where did you cop ? ... that is if you dont mind sharing ?

Pretty easy purchase. Brings back so many good memories!

Broooooo you're so lucky! I am praying I get to cop these so that I can finally complete my "iconic sneakers pack" from Kevin Johnson's Run N slam, Larry Johnson Grandmamas to others and these for the grand finale. If you have an extra sz11-12, please hmu!

Got offered them yesterday for $160 shipped from my friend, but I will just wait to buy them with the discount next weekend.

$108. :smokin

Damn... $1 less than retail in 1998 :lol:

Good stuff :nthat:

The price hike isn't bad at all, by inflation prices it should be much more.

$145 is a great price for these shoes. 8)

145 is cool..... hell 160 would have been alright with me... Ive been feening for these long time

But I still dont buy the inflation argument when it comes to re-releases, especially models like this with watered down tech and lesser quality materials.

For years on end retros were consistently the same price as their initial release. Retros are much cheaper to produce than a brand new design because the patents are already filed, molds are made, the athletes are paid and there are zero advertising and pre-development costs.
Retros were traditionally a way of the company's paying respect to the oldheads that helped their company grow and a nice little way to give back by offering a 2nd chance to own certain nostalgic shoes.

Take the Jordan 3 for example $99 in 1988, $99 in 1994, $99 in 2001, $99 in 2003. As soon as Nike realized these things were starting to sell better than their new releases they began the price hikes $135, $150, $160, then finally double OG retail @ $200 for "88s" with N/A. I understand its a free market and at the end of the day they can charge whatever they want to, but the notion that these price hikes are a result of inflation is a fallacy.

Last edited:
How do these fit? Should I size up?

True to size.

145 is cool..... hell 160 would have been alright with me... Ive been feening for these long time

But I still dont buy the inflation argument when it comes to re-releases, especially models like this with watered down tech and lesser quality materials.

For years on end retros were consistently the same price as their initial release. Retros are much cheaper to produce than a brand new design because the patents are already filed, molds are made, the athletes are paid and there are zero advertising and pre-development costs.
Retros were traditionally a way of the company's paying respect to the oldheads that helped their company grow and a nice little way to give back by offering a 2nd chance to own certain nostalgic shoes.

Take the Jordan 3 for example $99 in 1988, $99 in 1994, $99 in 2001, $99 in 2003. As soon as Nike realized these things were starting to sell better than their new releases they began the price hikes $135, $150, $160, then finally double OG retail @ $200 for "88s" with N/A. I understand its a free market and at the end of the day they can charge whatever they want to, but the notion that these price hikes are a result of inflation is a fallacy.

I get what you're saying, I was just going by "if" we went by inflation prices.

You're absolutely correct with the Retro 3 talk.

Saw the Eastbay/SC release date in the Kobe thread and it's OCTOBER 5TH!

10/05/13 Nike Air Zoom Flight Glove
616772-001 Black/White-University Red
$145.00

NDC, Foot Locker, Eastbay, other Nike SportsWear accounts....GR??? :pimp:

:smh: at the Garnett 3 and GP hybrids.
You see? And everyone here was crying.

Can't wait. :pimp:

Keep that Beavers color way. I'm more amped for the white color way since he wore that one the most.

Last edited:
I just can't wait.. Had these as a kid and being from the six brings back memories. I just can't wait to see these in person. I think these are my grails. I love these more than any shoe I have owned or wanted. These are so filthy. IMO u slippin if these aren't on your radar.

Maaaiiin u can rock them thangs with a pair of Walmart STRANGLERS. the shoes gone speak for their self 1↑UP 1↓DOWN!!!!!
THATS HOW WE ROCKD them since 98"

Jeans, shorts, Stranglers......

Shooooot. I still rock white tees and windbreaker pants on occasion. Some habits don't die. No damn given.

read the other pages idk if i missed it and sorry if i did, but are these a def release for niketowns on the 5th?
i shall be in vegas and would like to cop in person ive waited to long for this dam shoe. >:

read the other pages idk if i missed it and sorry if i did, but are these a def release for niketowns on the 5th?
i shall be in vegas and would like to cop in person ive waited to long for this dam shoe. >:
No, nike keeps saying October 12 even on their tweeter.

Back
Top Bottom