The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to watch to determine

And know per year averages

And know the averages of players in the same year

Player A 13,089 yards 100 TDs

Player B 11,619 yards 83 TDs

One played in the pass era and the other did not. Who's the better player A or B?
I hate when you do this because you come off as biased as hell and foolish.

Player A is Steve Largent. Player B is Calvin Johnson.

Largent played in 200 games and averaged 65.4 yards a game. Johnson played in 135 games and averaged 86.2 yards a game (2nd highest career average all-time). Numbers that are't comparable.

If Johnson played the same amount of games, at his average, he was have 17,240 yards, which would be 2nd all-time.

Once again, your comparing players that played WAY more games, same like the B. Mitchell/D. Hester argument. However, your actually HURTING your argument, because the statistics are STILL CLOSE despite Mitchell playing 4 MORE seasons than Hester, and Largent playing 65 MORE games than Johnson.

Last edited:
Player A 13,089 yards 100 TDs

Player B 11,619 yards 83 TDs

One played in the pass era and the other did not. Who's the better player A or B?

Largent played in 200 games and averaged 65.4 yards a game. Johnson played in 135 games and averaged 86.2 yards a game. Numbers that are't comparable.

If Johnson played the same amount of games, at his average, he was have 17,240 yards, which would be 2nd all-time.

Once again, your comparing players that played WAY more games, same like the B. Mitchell/D. Hester argument. However, your actually HURTING your argument, because the statistics are STILL CLOSE despite Mitchell playing 4 MORE seasons than Hester, and Largent playing 65 MORE games than Johnson.

gucciwelldamn.jpg

Largent played in 200 games and averaged 65.4 yards a game. Johnson played in 135 games and averaged 86.2 yards a game (2nd highest career average all-time). Numbers that are't comparable.

Do you believe Johnson would have been as great in a past era? What are Calvins targets? He was targeted 200 TIMES one season. How many WRs get 200 targets a season? Especially before the pass happy rule changes.

Largent also played in an era where you run to set up the pass. And you can also physically grab and hold while the ball is in the air. So, those numbers are great given the time period.

But yes, Calvin Johnson can play in any era and dominate. No doubt.

Last edited:

Do you believe Johnson would have been as great in a past era? What are Calvins targets? He was targeted 200 TIMES one season. How many WRs get 200 targets a season? Especially before the pass happy rule changes.
Ok cool. So by your logic AP is better than Jim Brown. I mean, the era Jim played in was built on running the ball, and this era is "pass happy."

AND they YPG and season averages are similar..... Because ya know, the eye test doesn't matter

Last edited:
Calvin 6'5 over 200. Steve 5'11 189. Running to set up the pass means less targets for him. You couldn't run these passing offenses of today back then. WRs would get killed, less PI flags and better corners. All of this is conveniently glossed over.

Last edited:
Calvin 6'5 over 200. Steve 5'11 189. Running to set up the pass means less targets for him. You couldn't run these passing offenses of today back then. WRs would get killed, less PI flags and better corners. All of this is conveniently glosses over.
So now we faulting dudes for being bigger???

LeBron can new be better than MJ or Kobe.... He's too big 
mean.gif

Largent was first overall in almost every category until that cheater Jerry Rice came in

Last edited:
Ok cool. So by your logic AP is better than Jim Brown. I mean, the era Jim played in was built on running the ball, and this era is "pass happy."

AND they YPG and season averages are similar..... Because ya know, the eye test doesn't matter

Jim Brown ran the Browns to championships. Has AP? As great as Calvin is nothing translated into wins.

Jim Brown ran the Browns to championships. Has AP? As great as Calvin is nothing translated into wins.
When have we ever judged RB and WR by rings. Leave that to the QBs.

Name one team where a WR or RB CARRIED them to the Super Bowl post 1980.

Sidenote, with your logic. Largent > Moss, Owens, Fitzgerald, and Johnson

Last edited:
When have we ever judged RB and WR by rings. Leave that to the QBs.

Name one team where a WR or RB CARRIED them to the Super Bowl post 1980.

Sidenote, with your logic. Largent > Moss, Owens, Fitzgerald, and Johnson

3 of those 4 players played in a SB. Won playoff games and helped their team to success. The reason I say Irvin is the GOAT WR is because he was the vocal leader of 3 SB teams. FAXXX. His teammates have said as much. Calvin was great in his era. Not top 10 great. Let's not act like when people say Rice is GOAT they don't factor in his chips. Those old Steeler WRs have clutch SB moments. No one talks about Swanns numbers but his performance in the biggest game. It counts fam.

I'll listen to Largent over CJ81 more than I'll listen to Irvin over Rice.

You probably need to look at Largents peak ry per game vs the NFL average for his playing career and how much higher he was than other players vs how much higher CJ81 was over his competition.

You'll be dealing with alot recency bias though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom