The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rule changes, limited practicing, etc. that have been implemented over the years is finally catching up to the NFL. Add that to the fact that offensive line play across the league is a damn near epidemic, mainly because the college game is vastly different than the NFL and this is the result.

Excellent, excellent points. This is absolutely true. We don't talk about the limited practices and bad oline play enough in here.

Also the coaching is ATROCIOUS, and might be at an all-time low, but I already ranted about that not too long ago. :lol  

All of this.

We've got new blood at the QB position all over the league -- we need new blood coaching, as well.

How many first round O-line busts have their been over the last decade? Seems to be the norm anymore.

Last edited:
ches had tannehill in his avy last week.. and now he has kirk..

nerd.gif

In theory...SOME, not all, of these matchups look good on paper, and I can't blame anyone for anticipating an entertaining game.

The problem is the NFL product itself is just not where it should be relative to their king of the jungle status. And yeah, there IS too much bad football being played these days by teams that should be a lot better than what they are.

Commercials have gone up this decade, flags go up each year, overall sloppiness, convoluted rules and interpretations, too many unnecessary controversies that take away from what should be the focus, a decrease of real contenders for the SB, etc. etc. I could go on and on.
didn't even think about this dynamic.

annoying as hell watching a game where there's a commercial break after the extra point/field goal and then another set of commercials after the ensuing kickoff.

plus. being in a pass happy league slows the game down as we all know. games are damn near 4 1/2 hours long. 

as a student watching the NFL on sunday's has become somewhat of a vice. watching the 1 steelers game takes up the majority of my time.

Was looking at some stats today and had no idea that Brian Hoyer was lowkey ballin

100/140, 71.4%, 1094 yards (273 a game), 6 TDs, 0 picks, 1 fumble

Bye, Jay

So apparently the Panthers were also 1-4 to start the season in 2004 after their other superbowl lost [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Also something to keep in mind with the ratings and is likely the #1 biggest impact is the leagues greed catching up to them with being able to access the games. It's much more expensive than any other major league and in the year 2016 it takes me 2 seconds to find a flawless stream. There's a lot of people watching who aren't being accounted for. Every week i am watching 2 to 3 games + Redzone that isn't being accounted for.

doesn't CFB gameday have the ability to move around to different matchups to get the most appealing game to the consumer?

I know some of them are pre-determined and set in the offseason. but last year the VT fanbase was trying to get gameday to broadcast beamer's last game at lane stadium.

possibly the NFL could adjust to have the primetime games flexed around?

just a thought.

Completely different beast.

Gameday doesn't change the time of the game.

Not all NFL games are flexible because they may have prior events planned for that time slot.

Happened to is a few years ago.

NFL wanted to flex us but it was a concert planned.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Dolphins also releasing G Dallas Thomas and practice squad G Jamil Douglas to go along with OL Billy Turner, per source. Three OL out today.

Tannehill getting people fired

Also something to keep in mind with the ratings and is likely the #1 biggest impact is the leagues greed catching up to them with being able to access the games. It's much more expensive than any other major league and in the year 2016 it takes me 2 seconds to find a flawless stream. There's a lot of people watching who aren't being accounted for. Every week i am watching 2 to 3 games + Redzone that isn't being accounted for.
Quote for truth

The NFL's social media policy is just WOW. What a joke. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Was looking at some stats today and had no idea that Brian Hoyer was lowkey ballin

100/140, 71.4%, 1094 yards (273 a game), 6 TDs, 0 picks, 1 fumble

Bye, Jay

The badness of Hoyer has always been overrated. Wasn't he the QB when Josh Gordon had that career year? And last year for Nuk's career year? He can sling it, but every once in a while he's going to have a ridiculously bad game.

He's basically Ryan Fitzpatrick....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom