The Kid Griffey Jr. wearing the BEST cleats in the Game!

Nike needs to quit playing and revive the Swingman line or pump out sig trainers for at least one other player besides Trout (maybe TA7 or Mookie). I don’t know what the numbers are, but you can’t tell me they’re selling more Trout stuff than they were Swingman stuff.

Also, it’s President’s Day and we haven’t even seen a glimpse of that Jackie Robinson model so I’m starting to think it may not release anymore.

Nike needs to quit playing and revive the Swingman line or pump out sig trainers for at least one other player besides Trout (maybe TA7 or Mookie). I don’t know what the numbers are, but you can’t tell me they’re selling more Trout stuff than they were Swingman stuff.

Also, it’s President’s Day and we haven’t even seen a glimpse of that Jackie Robinson model so I’m starting to think it may not release anymore.
I have no faith in Nike to design anything that holds a candle to the past G jr’s.

Last edited:
^^^
The point I was trying to make is why not use energy/resources into keeping the Swingman alive, as opposed to putting out underwhelming Trout models/merch annually? I’m sure kids that play baseball buy the current Trout stuff, but I always felt Griffey’s name and line transcended baseball, thus holding more importance.

1613424474684.png

@MLB, @Cut4 are also some accounts pushing the AGM1s hard today. Nice to see this energy because it’s been extremely lacking. Bron wearing the Griffey inspired LeBron 15s the other night was dope too.

Sinner Sinner saw you had some quotes in a recent Complex article about Nike and Griffey, respect to an OG. I remember as a kid in the mid-90’s sitting in the backseat while my parents took us on rare trips through downtown to Seattle Center, seeing Griffey posters and billboards.

I didn’t have a pair until I started working myself, but my cousins who hustled always pairs from AGM2 onward. Happy to hear the Royals dropping next month but I really wish they’d drop those emeralds with the white sole though...

Back
Top Bottom