THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS...'24 PRE-SEASON THREAD | "NEW DAY. NEW CHAPTER. NEW ERA. NEW MINDSET."

HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE RAIDERS WIN THIS SEASON

• less than 6

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 6-8

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3 All pro 1st team selections :sick:
Keisan Nixon also got a 1st team nod and he was with the Raiders last year

Good read. My suspicions were correct, Derek is soft. I mean that with no offense. He just couldn’t take the criticism from Josh, even though everyone was criticized the same. The standard was set, but Derek was held to a higher standard, bc he is the QB. Derek played poorly under that pressure, and his teammates knew it too. Interviews throughout the season alluded to it as well. Ultimately, Derek just doesn’t have that Mamba Mentality that he would talk about, and now his time is up as a Raider.

insiders think a trade will happen. i find it interesting since the deadline on his contract is feb. 15th and technically they can’t trade him until the new league year starts.
Raiders must know they will have a market if they let his contract become guaranteed.

The Aaron Rodgers **** is interesting too. They were talking about it on the Locked on Raiders podcast and said there is a way to make that trade happen for the Raiders if they want to take on his contract.

was all this in the plan that had Mark interested in hiring McDaniels?
supposedly, no.

the Hondo report above said Derek was part of the reason McDaniels and Ziegler wanted to come to Vegas. The contract extension happened, even though it did have an out in an emergency situation, but all signs were that DC would be the QB for the foreseeable future.

Other reports were saying McDaniel/Ziegler were caught off guard during the interview to learn that Mark Davis wasnt high on DC and asked questions about long term goals at the QB position.

according to the Hondo report, supposedly the relationship between McDaniels and Carr became fractured and just wasn’t working. One had to go and it wasn’t gonna be McDaniels.

The fact that the fracture was bc Carr couldn’t handle the criticism in front of the rest of the locker room is hilarious and proved a lot of his critics to be correct

didn’t know that the Raiders wouldn’t be able to trade him until mid March.

So essentially, Derek can screw the Raiders right? Since he has a no trade clause, he can void any trades he wants. He can make a demand on where he wants to go forcing the Raiders hand, essentially for peanuts maybe.
Or say no completely and Raiders are on the hook for his salary :lol:

didn’t know that the Raiders wouldn’t be able to trade him until mid March.

So essentially, Derek can screw the Raiders right? Since he has a no trade clause, he can void any trades he wants. He can make a demand on where he wants to go forcing the Raiders hand, essentially for peanuts maybe.
Or say no completely and Raiders are on the hook for his salary :lol:
technically - the Raiders can get screwed by Carr OR the trading team.

I’m actually surprised a trade is being reported as an option because it is a $40m risk for the Raiders.

we’ll see how it all shakes out. hopefully Ziegler can swindle some picks from this.

i’ll say the production/impact of Jacobs has always been there, and obviously this past season was his best, but to call it a “buyers beware” type of scenario seems like a stretch. he got a lot of tire left on his tread. i dont see a Zeke fall off just yet.

I would be weary of giving him a long term deal. It seemed before this year he was injured often. This year he had a bunch of injuries but I believe he played through them because it was a contract year and he wanted to show people he was durable. Had it not been a contract year, I don’t think he would have played through all those injuries.

Just look at Waller **shrug**

But I just saw a headline of the Raiders “re-tooling the roster” and other teams have eyes on Waller and Renfrow

I really want to keep Renfrow man.

Down year but he’s gonna do what he does in the league for 10+ seasons if he stays healthy and I don’t think we’ve seen his best yet.

idk what to make of the Renfrow/Waller rumors.

On one hand, if you’re gonna try to pull a Brady or a Rodgers to the Raiders then having those guys on the team is a big selling point.

I get teams will inquire, but it’d have to be a pretty good trade offer to make it worth the trade.

Dumping either makes no sense to me. Get a good qb there with a little better protection and it's one of the best offenses in the league

Only reason i keep hearing is just because they arent Ziegler and McDaniels guys. How tf cant renfrow and waller be your guys, tailor made for that NE offense. Man fk i just want somebody i can root for more than 3-4 years at a time before a new coach comes in and says the players we have arent their guys 🤬🤬

McDaniels did the same **** in Denver. Came thru and traded Cutler & Marshall quickly :rolleyes

Kinda looks like they just used DC to get Adams :lol:

Back
Top Bottom