THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS...'24 PRE-SEASON THREAD | "NEW DAY. NEW CHAPTER. NEW ERA. NEW MINDSET."

HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE RAIDERS WIN THIS SEASON

• less than 6

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 6-8

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
its only 2 games, but yeah…the offense hasn’t been great so far. the run game is non-existent (Josh’s hold out may be part of this). if it aint Davante or Jakobi then our WR’s ain’t even getting targets.

its only 2 games, but yeah…the offense hasn’t been great so far. the run game is non-existent (Josh’s hold out may be part of this). if it aint Davante or Jakobi then our WR’s ain’t even getting targets.
I mean they played two good defenses, so hopefully it’s that. Everything seems to be short passes with 0 threat of anything remotely deep.

I mean they played two good defenses, so hopefully it’s that. Everything seems to be short passes with 0 threat of anything remotely deep.
i understand that, but our coach is suppose to be top
tier offensive coach. and it hasnt been that yet and it hasnt even really been close to that yet IMO.

bruh every time they handed the ball to Josh he had someone in his grill. **** a few times he got tackled by his own offensive linemen.

The Oline and Dline were getting mauled up and down the field, which is why the time of possession was so one sided. Raiders need at least some production from the run game for Jimmy to be effective and it just wasn’t happening.

on the very first play his own OL backed into him for negative yardage. DL got no pressure and OL kept getting pushed back.

you're right though. if we can't establish the run, we're cooked. hopefully we have a bounce back game in the home opener in prime time.

offense played well week 1 and D held up in the 2nd half. like i said, good teams will expose you and Buffalo did just that.

we really need to trade Renfrow for any DL help and get other receivers involved. ftlog we need to blitz more. we hardly ever blitz.

Lincoln Kennedy on Raider Nation radio talked about the offensive woes so far.

in short, teams are stacking the box because of Josh and they know the routes are gonna be short. and the oline playing like ***.

he said its concerning but it is early still and this team is still trying to figure it out .

in short, teams are stacking the box because of Josh and they know the routes are gonna be short. and the oline playing like ***.
That’s exactly what I thought they would do. If there’s no threat of a deep pass at all, why wouldn’t you? Basically hurt me with a deep ball then I’ll reconsider my defense. If not, everybody is playing close(er) to the line

Oline looks great in pass pro to me. Jimmy is never under any pressure and has all the time in the world to go through reads.

They got dominated in the run game against Buffalo, but given it’s the exact same guys and they were more than good in that facet last season, I’m not worried about the unit.

Jacobs will get up to speed and he will get in sync with the line.

It’s McDaniel’s offense and Jimmys limitations I’m worried about.

The lack of motion and “hiding” in McDaniels’ scheme kills me.

Anytime they bring the fullback out, you know they’re running it.

Oline is good to me outside the RG.

Dline isn’t good outside MAXX. They really should’ve took Jalen or even CGonzalez. I get why they took Tyree but he seems like a project that will take a lot of time and honestly idk if he ever gets there. Who really knows tho.

Glad Meyers will be back this week. With defenses loading the box, tilting coverage towards Tae, and Jimmy/Josh not ******* with Hunter anymore (he had some costly mistakes last year… maybe he’s in the dog house… if we’re not going to use him we should just trade him even if the value is low), Meyers will continue to eat.

The lack of motion and “hiding” in McDaniels’ scheme kills me.

Anytime they bring the fullback out, you know they’re running it.

Oline is good to me outside the RG.

Glad Meyers will be back this week. With defenses loading the box, tilting coverage towards Tae, and Jimmy/Josh not ****ing with Hunter anymore (he had some costly mistakes last year… maybe he’s in the dog house… if we’re not going to use him we should just trade him even if the value is low), Meyers will continue to eat.
this is basically what Lincoln Kennedy was saying, the offense is hella predictable. the defenses are loading the box and daring them to run the ball with Jacobs. and if Josh is in the game they are crashing hard into Jacobs - which is what spring the Tre Tucker end around because the defense was solely focused on Jacobs.

If McDaniels cant fix the gameplan according to that, then whats the point of having this guy run our offense?

you can argue the Bills and Broncos defense is just that good…but i can’t buy that when McDaniels is suppose to be top tier offensive minded

New year, same ****ttt raiders. Who ever decided to bring Jimmy G which was the coach both should go. Trash all around!!

Back
Top Bottom