• 6-8

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 8-11

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Big fan of Davante. Obviously on the field, but also feel like I’ve said how much I like the way he carries himself off the field, speaks in interviews etc, just seems like a really thoughtful and grounded guy.

But a few parts of this Athletic article by Tafur are really telling.

Considering players voted Adams offensive captain both in 2022 and 2023, but this year opted for Kolton Miller instead, makes me think the discontent wasn’t entirely one way.

Organization has been inept and a laughing stock long before he got here. I don't blame him for anything that's happened since he got here and I don't blame him for finally wanting to get out.

but that's my point. its not like we sold him a stable franchise that was actually in contention for a SB. he KNEW what he was getting in to. i don't blame him for wanting out, but i do think he could've gone about it a completely different way. i would've had no problem with him saying he wanted out if they got rid of Carr. maybe both of them would be playing Sunday. he was cool with Jimmy G coming over. if not, he again should've asked out. why NOW though is my question. 2-2 is not 0-4. i'm not saying we're contenders, but it would make a lot more sense if weren't .500. to ICE CITY CF ICE CITY CF 's point, Adams not being voted as a captain is extremely telling of what has really been going on. wouldn't be surprised if many players are relieved that he's gone.

yea i do wonder why now.

this team is pretty much exactly what we expected going into the season (although i thought we would be able to run the ball better). we all knew the QB situation. we knew this team would lean on the defense. and we knew W’s would be grind it out games.

just in the offseason he was all good. continuously said he wants to stay. Desean Jackson said he’s not happy and Adams basically called him a liar and said dont speak on his name like that…he praised AP. he praised Getsy.

so what changed? I think that Business Decision comment thing really did have more weight behind it than i may have thought. i aint mad at him for wanting out though. i aint mad for the Raiders wanting him gone.

It is what it is at this point. I think both parties have some faults in the overall situation. Now let’s just see how much of a distraction it is this Sunday.

It’s going to be some sarcastic comments by him, management, and AP when asked about it, but his hamstring is going to not be well enough to play til he gets traded. But hopefully the raiders don’t pull the trigger quickly just to get rid of the headache in return for a bag of peanuts.

But if they also wait too long, it’s going to be a bag of peanuts. With him only willing to go to a couple teams, the raiders hands are tied with how much they can ask in return.

the only logical answer is that Adams couldn't take whatever AP said. maybe AP was going to bench him like Jack Jones. maybe his ego was bruised from being called out for drops, not blocking, and poor body language. maybe he was just waiting for an opportunity to make it seem like HE wasn't the problem, before asking for a trade.

all i know is that he can't say he was fooled into thinking that the team would be any different than what we've seen these last 4 weeks.

what i will say is that Jack Jones took it on the chin like an adult and went back to work.

It is what it is at this point. I think both parties have some faults in the overall situation. Now let’s just see how much of a distraction it is this Sunday.

It’s going to be some sarcastic comments by him, management, and AP when asked about it, but his hamstring is going to not be well enough to play til he gets traded. But hopefully the raiders don’t pull the trigger quickly just to get rid of the headache in return for a bag of peanuts.

But if they also wait too long, it’s going to be a bag of peanuts. With him only willing to go to a couple teams, the raiders hands are tied with how much they can ask in return.

he doesn't have a NTC and he doesn't have to restructure his contract if the receiving team has cap space, so we're not handcuffed.

he doesn't have a NTC and he doesn't have to restructure his contract if the receiving team has cap space, so we're not handcuffed.
**** I’m all for them not trading him. But with these superstar athletes, once it’s gone too far, it’s probably better to get rid of them.

But on the flip side, a team is only going to trade for him because you know he wants to play there. So I feel the raiders have limited trade partners, therefore limiting what they can ask/get in return.

So you have to trade him? No.
But be prepared that he’s going to be a distraction THE ENTIRE YEAR, while still getting paid, and still not playing because his hamstring hurts. So what do you win there?

I just don't get trading him AND paying some of his contract for some other team to low ball us. I'd rather let him sit and be "hurt and a distraction" than pay some team to take our best player 😂. This year is obviously over I don't get it. This how Mark always get fleeced.

1000007388.jpg

our offense is straight up buns. i suppose we’ll have games like this given our QB situation.

the defense giving up 30+ to the Broncos is unacceptable though. A bulk of those points came after Christian Wilkins went out.

Back
Top Bottom