THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS...OFFSEASON THREAD | "NEW DAY. NEW CHAPTER. NEW ERA. NEW MINDSET."

HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE RAIDERS WIN THIS SEASON

• less than 6

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 6-8

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 12+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't even realize Trey Taylor won the Jim Thorpe award this past year. I'm even more excited about the raw potential of Richardson, and any of the young DB's really, given the reputation of the. DB coaches we brought in this past winter.

IMG_0919.jpeg

a lot of folks on IG and twitter complaining that we didn't draft a QB. i swear most don't watch college, interviews, or simply use common sense. we picked 13th. 6 QBs were already taken. we tried to trade up, but no deal. Telesco even said that they didn't feel like any of the remaining QBs were better than what we already have, yet the couch GM is banging the table to draft a QB just for the sake of smh.

Yea, I wish we would have drafted Jordan Travis and redshirt him…but I guess that doesnt so anything for us now, so what’s the point in that when we got other needs?

We’ll see how these picks pan out, but I’m optimistic about them. Our first 2 picks will be day-1 starters. When’s the last time that happened? probably 2019 but that class was such a let down with the exception of Maxx and JJ. Might need to go as far back as 2015 (Amari Cooper and Mario Edwards?) or 2014 (mack and carr)

If the defense can live up to the expectations and hype, then I feel good about the direction of this team, and that in itself is an improvement already.

Travis would've been my late round pick too, but he would've just taken a roster spot. Rattler is a less accurate and just as slow AOC, so he would've been a waste of a pick too.

i'm super optimistic about Bowers and JPJ. i like Eichenberg too. he reminds me a lot of Spillane. AP is probably the perfect coach for him.

we'll have even more cap to bolster our secondary once Jimmy and Hunter's cap come off the books.

I don’t see the point in drafting a late round qb to sit behind AOC and minshew. Late round qbs don’t hit. We already have our backup for the next 5 years with AOC.

We still need a qb but I like the idea of building up the rest of the roster first.

based on AOC's numbers, if he was drafted in the first two rounds, would you still say we need a QB?

i dont even know his statline, but I just remember that KC game and him not completing a pass for damn near 3 quarters :lol:

i expect him to get better tho, no doubt. But i do expect Minshew to start.

Which i’m accepting. Kind of the Raider way to accept these renegade QB’s and have success with them. Plunkett, Gannon, Hostetler, hell even Jason Campbell was straight before he got hurt

I like AOC but Im kinda rooting for Minshew to win QB battle.
I thought Trevor Lawrence was a a decent QB for Jacksonville so if Minshew stats were identical in same division then I think he is our guy this season.
ill support either though.

I’m calling it now, I think AOC beats out Minshew in camp and is the W1 starter.

I’m not sold on AOC but I want to see what he can do with an actual meaningful amount of first team reps in practice/preseason and a coordinator who is… uh more seasoned (still not happy about the Getsy hire).

AOC was serviceable. He wasn’t the greatest, but he wasn’t the absolute worst.

There were rumors of McDaniels sabotaging him before that first start vs the chargers.
But yea, a year under his belt and a full camp where he KNOWS he can be a starter, it could be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom