THE LEBRON 13 THREAD *Elites released**Command Force 6/11/16

You think him playing in Miami makes that big a difference?
Interesting. As an outside observer before the LeBron12 and looking back at the color ways that released, the 9-11 color ways blow these out of the water. Some can be attributed to Miami-esque themes sure, but I'm sure Nike could think up Decent Cleveland related color ways. But we still can't even get a real cavs cw.
I think there was just a "mystique " to the team as a whole. Love them or hate them they were polarizing and I think that helped move shoes to a certain extent. We could argue over models and CW's all day, but IMO the Miami factor helped a bit. But being a Heat fan I might be biased as well lol. I love the Wade line as well, but since the team has changed his line hasn't generated the same buzz it used to either.

What's funny is how many pre order guys I still see. Dudes were listing Christmas pairs at $289 a few days before release. Has the bursting bubble not hit some places yet lol. Definitely one of the slowest Lebron threads in a long time. IMO if he was still in Miami and another chip it would be a different story.
If the shoes werent ugly it would be a different story 
roll.gif

I think there was just a "mystique " to the team as a whole. Love them or hate them they were polarizing and I think that helped move shoes to a certain extent. We could argue over models and CW's all day, but IMO the Miami factor helped a bit. But being a Heat fan I might be biased as well lol. I love the Wade line as well, but since the team has changed his line hasn't generated the same buzz it used to either.
I think that is definitely part of it.  There was a certain "buzz" to the Heat that drew a lot of attention of people who weren't avid basketball/NBA/LeBron fans.  

I also think the line itself has lost some of its "crossover" casual appeal, starting with the 11, that Nike thought they could salvage with EXT's and Lifestyle models.  With this model (the 13) being one of the most court oriented designs in a long time.  There also aren't any "limited" tags attached to LeBrons like in the past, they are almost all massive GR's now, destined for discounts.    

To me it also seems like for the first time in a while, LeBron himself isn't the "posterboy" of the NBA this year, like he was last year with "The Return" to Cleveland.  Steph and the Warriors seemed to have taken that role and created their own bandwagon of new fans.   LeBron "hating" has also died out a bit, so the overall attention isn't there like it was in the Miami days.  

Last edited:
I blame the 6 meridians for everything negative that has and will ever happen within the Lebron line *sips tea*

Also, people dropped off the bron bandwagon once he stopped winning rings
They'll be back if he becomes a champ again as the leader of the team.

That's a good point too.  

I remember when he lost in the 2011 to the Mavs, people were unloading huge Bron collections all summer.  

That's a good point too.  
I remember when he lost in the 2011 to the Mavs, people were unloading huge Bron collections all summer.  

I remember when he won his first ring, the white elite IXs suddenly started selling out because dudes were calling them the champ IXs.....

I think it comes down to the price. $200 and $220 is alot for the average consumer and also the fact he's lost two straight finals hurts as well. Better for those that want them though I guess!

I think it comes down to the price. $200 and $220 is alot for the average consumer and also the fact he's lost two straight finals hurts as well. Better for those that want them though I guess!

It's not like they are flying off of the shelves at $170 either. Look at Nike.com.... The two colors on clearance didn't go anywhere even with the 25% off promo

Plus they're ugly, but honestly though. There's only so many original designs Nike can do. Nike reached their peak with Lebrons 8-10 (and maybe the beginning of the 11). I think they've just run out of ideas at this point. 

Definitely went down hill after the 9, couldn't bring myself to buy 1 pair of 10s just because I believed the 8s(10s are practically a plastic were better and I got most of those on sale.

Last edited:
11s was then end of lebrons looking good. This silhouette is so ugly I don't even care to check new cw because nothing can save it.

It really has nothing to do with him winning or playing in Miami. Me and a few of my homies can't stand lebron but some of the kicks, 7-10 were undeniable. Even some 11s,but they were just flames. Hate for him aside the shoes looked good, these joints are really hideous. I'm a huge Kobe fan and the x was the first model I bought 0 of. Those joints were ugly, same with the new kds. They making it to easy to save money

Last edited:
Personally I love the 7's and 9's. However My two faves that I currently wear are the 11 gator kings and the 13 horror flicks. But that's only cause I'm a sucker for the glow in the dark and love anything Friday the 13th. I doubt I would have any love for anything after the 9's with those 2 exceptions.

Back
Top Bottom