The Lord of the Rings : The Rings of Power Thread | Amazon Prime Series Fridays

1644806406335.jpeg
1644806663339.jpeg

If you check youtube, there are videos of maga racist guys already saying the show is terrible before it even airs.

If you check youtube, there are videos of maga racist guys already saying the show is terrible before it even airs.

To be fair, I’ve been following this show and Amazon basically serves up all of those Maga guys content to them, on a silver platter.

Have you seen their fake Superfans video a couple months ago that they pulled?:lol: Whoever marketing person that was in charge of that was wildin’ for sure.

But yeah, if people thought SW/Marvel Stans are toxic, these LOTR purists are on a whole other level. I hope this show is better than mid to prove them wrong but whenever a show starts with this much polarizing buzz, I can’t say it ever ends well.

Last edited:
This show is what i’m looking forward to the most so I hope it’s great. We’ll see if the showrunners are in over their heads. I think they said 5 seasons are planned and they already know what the very last scene will be.

I read that Tolkien’s son was very protective of what could be adapted from his dad’s works but he passed away and the estate decides it now.

This show is just fleshed out from a small exert, no? So basically other than names and stuff, this is all Amazon canon which I’m ok with a blank slate.

I still have the GOT prequel over this but I’m curious how each show will differ from each other. Amazon is on a roll with me from Reacher, The Boys, and The Terminal List just this year, so I hope this isn’t the show they fumble.

LOTR making other fandoms look like kids. 6K likes vs 236K dislikes on that trailer so far. Curious if Amazon will do the Disney tactic of blaming bots/trolls/sexists but damn, it never really ends well when this kind of pre-release stuff happens...

LOTR.JPG

I thought youtube doesn’t show the number of dislikes anymore. I don’t see it on the app.

I haven’t read Tolkien’s books so i’m wondering what was wrong with the trailer.

I thought youtube doesn’t show the number of dislikes anymore. I don’t see it on the app.
There's a Google Chrome extension that allows you to see it.

I haven’t read Tolkien’s books so i’m wondering what was wrong with the trailer.
From the gripes I've seen about the synopsis and trailer breakdowns, they've swapped Elron and Galadriel's characteristics from the books, so that's gonna be huge for fans. And a lot of the characters just aren't how Tolkien described in his books. They're using elements from Tolkien's second-age stories so I don't think this show this is gonna be an adaptation like the two previous trilogies were.

Seems like Amazon is treating the LOTR source material like how Michael Bay treated Transformers source material, pretty much. Picking and choosing a few cherries, but it'll mostly be their story. I know when they started, they actually had advisors who knew the lore of everything Tolkien but Amazon fired them almost immediately, so that was always a red flag to me. Pretty sure that delayed the show for awhile too.

But the biggest pushback from fans that I've been seeing though is just how woke Amazon seems to be pushing their marketing. I'm always entertained by those arguments between the two camps but even I couldn't help but roll my eyes at this video below of "LOTR SUPERFANS" that Amazon actually dropped for the show, and then eventually pulled down. Like I said, I'll be watching since this is my second most anticipated show but I can't say this feels like deja vu is about to happen...

Back
Top Bottom