The Love Below

Speakerboxxx/ The Love Below 2004 Album of the Year
pimp.gif

I'm in love with the "Where Are My Panties" chick's voice.

"Ooo I wanna to lay in her hair!"
"Maybe I'll just roll over and lay on her booty!"

Prototype is definately my favorite track on the cd

Originally Posted by The Warehouse 13

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

pimp.gif
I hope that you're the onneeee...if notttt, you are the prototyyypee

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

pimp.gif

Man crank up that prototype instrumental and some good homegrown ftw.Speakerboxx was actually kinda weak for outkast standards. Outside of idlewood,it might bethe weakest entry for outkast(i know it is big boi side,but still)

Originally Posted by shoepacalypse

pimp.gif

Man crank up that prototype instrumental and some good homegrown ftw.Speakerboxx was actually kinda weak for outkast standards. Outside of idlewood,it might be the weakest entry for outkast(i know it is big boi side,but still)
Good lookin out again on that one Shoepacalypse.....I did exactly that
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Man crank up that prototype instrumental and some good homegrown ftw.Speakerboxx was actually kinda weak for outkast standards. Outside of idlewood,it might be the weakest entry for outkast(i know it is big boi side,but still)
Speakerbox is NICE, boy stop! The thing is, Speakerbox sounds like it was made by "Outkast without Dre" instead of by "BigBoi", so it sounds like it's missing something. TLB sounds like it was made by "just Dre", which is not the same as "Outkast w/o BigBoi". So for the most part, it's perfect. Dre has always been a "tier 1" rapper to me, so a Dre exclusive is appreciated, rap or otherwise.Big Boi got RIDICULOUS flow all over that album of his, but a lot of the album lacks that upper echelon insight that Dre provides (excluding War..that'sTHAT %!@%
pimp.gif
). I guess one could say TLB lacks Big Boi's ridiculous swagger and appeal, but since Dre took that album away from the usual Outkast vibeand in a new direction entirely, it's more complete without Big Boi than Speakerbox is without Dre. If Big Boihadn't have tried to make the Outkast sound by himself (which is impossible for either of them to doalone) and instead had tried to make the first Big Boi solo album, it would have been better than The Love Below.

As for Idlewood, I love it and hate it at the same time. I see what they were trying to do, but they didn't have the right chemistry as a duo. The conceptis FLAWLESS, but the execution was C-. Still a very decent album, word to Hollywood Divorce, Mighty O, Chronometrophobia, and the likes. It's some crazytracks on there but in the end, just like Kingdom Come, I think this album will go largely under-appreciated. Rap fans don't respond well to"older" rappers recanting their glory and demanding their spot in history, even if the argument is true.

Nonsense Dom. I liked Speakerbox more for like the first 3 years the album was out.. it's pretty decent rap vs. really great alternative stuff.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Nonsense Dom. I liked Speakerbox more for like the first 3 years the album was out.. it's pretty decent rap vs. really great alternative stuff.

You were like 14 tho
laugh.gif

And then when you came of age you realized the brilliance in The Love Below, correct?

Don't know what it is but I have a serious dislike for Speakerboxx.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

pimp.gif

Speakerbox is NICE, boy stop! The thing is, Speakerbox sounds like it was made by "Outkast without Dre" instead of by "Big Boi", so it sounds like it's missing something. TLB sounds like it was made by "just Dre", which is not the same as "Outkast w/o Big Boi". So for the most part, it's perfect. Dre has always been a "tier 1" rapper to me, so a Dre exclusive is appreciated, rap or otherwise. Big Boi got RIDICULOUS flow all over that album of his, but a lot of the album lacks that upper echelon insight that Dre provides (excluding War..that's THAT %!@%
pimp.gif
). I guess one could say TLB lacks Big Boi's ridiculous swagger and appeal, but since Dre took that album away from the usual Outkast vibe and in a new direction entirely, it's more complete without Big Boi than Speakerbox is without Dre. If Big Boi hadn't have tried to make the Outkast sound by himself (which is impossible for either of them to do alone) and instead had tried to make the first Big Boi solo album, it would have been better than The Love Below.

As for Idlewood, I love it and hate it at the same time. I see what they were trying to do, but they didn't have the right chemistry as a duo. The concept is FLAWLESS, but the execution was C-. Still a very decent album, word to Hollywood Divorce, Mighty O, Chronometrophobia, and the likes. It's some crazy tracks on there but in the end, just like Kingdom Come, I think this album will go largely under-appreciated. Rap fans don't respond well to "older" rappers recanting their glory and demanding their spot in history, even if the argument is true.

All that was said is true thats why i said out of all outkast releases those to are kinda the weakest, and that is still saying something considering thosewhere better then alot of other artist top albums. I mean atliens aquemini are stellar albums classics btw then when u rank speakerboxx against those it doesseem a lil weaker.

Back
Top Bottom