The Male Grooming thread ...

i see we ain't got a thread for all things involving upkeep in our fresh, so now we do :nthat:

let's use this for tips, products, deals, opinions and anything concerning ... grooming ....

just purchased these for keeping my facial hair and haven't modified or sharpened the blade yet but they definitely are the truth .

s-l1600.jpg

got em off amazon for $40 bucks cheaper than in stores so I still ain't stop chirping since :lol:

waiting on these blade sharpeners to try em out from this spot https://www.therichbarber.com/products/1-min-blade-modifier

1MinBladeModifierPoductImage1_1400x.jpg

1Min_Blade_Modifier_Before_After_Black_1400x.jpg

also copped this to set the blades (zero gap)

Photo11_1200_1400x.jpg

attachment2_1_1400x.jpg

if u enjoy this **** as much as I do , feel free to chime in. otherwise, keep your scruffy unkept asses over there :lol:

let's get it goin :nthat:

Last edited:
Andis >

At this point I feel like I line my beard up better than my barber. That's why I see him twice a month and line myself up in between. Once I get nice with the straight razor hell see me once a month

just bought a norelco shaver, my andis broke a while back, and my conair was going strong for 2 years until someone else broke it

Andis >

At this point I feel like I line my beard up better than my barber. That's why I see him twice a month and line myself up in between. Once I get nice with the straight razor hell see me once a month

same. i see mine every 2 weeks. fix it myself in between. i got all the equipment, even my barber adjusted my clippers to perfection . he's the one who put me on to the blackout's. they don't get hot as fast as the og's. them joints were like holding a curling iron after 3 minutes.

i've gotten awfully nice with the straight razor, took time and alot of courage :lol:

To shave my face -- Gillette Fusion ProGlide Men's Razor Styler 3-In-1 Body Groomer and Beard Trimmer, Mens Razors / Blades

To trim my pubes -- Philips Norelco Multigroom All-In-One Series 3000, 13 attachment trimmer, MG3750

To cleanse my face -- St Ives Scrub, Fresh Skin Apricot 6 oz

To style my hair -- Mowell Freeze Wax Hair Styling 200ml (7.05 fl.oz) Strong Hold Hair Wax for Men Women

Straight razor gang. I can never go back to regular razors.

Im intrigued by these blade sharpeners and that second thing you posted doe. Please elaborate onewearz onewearz . How do you use these things?

I'm currently rocking with:

Andis Fade Master
Wahl Badling Clippers
Wahl 5 Star Shaver
Andis T Liner
Andis Magnetic Guards (purple joints, i forget th name)

i need a new electric shaver. those Braun joints look pretty but $200 plus is a lil stupid. again , my barber lent his humble opinion again and said these are the truth

A17PpIGmUEL._SY355_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B01EG4G7BQ

These are pretty good, i remember when i used to go to the barber hed use this sometimes on my neck to finish up. Mainly the straight blade tho, my facial hair grows fast so it cuts deeper and lasts a lil longer

I've been using a Wahl peanut for over 15 years. Should I get an Andis?

wow 15 years :wow:

u need to encase those on a pillow :lol:

Andis are the top of the line , as far as I know and what I've been told by those in the know. i copped these before the blackout's and was not impressed at all. did nothing but cut and scratch me.

918oKevx2sL._SL1500_.jpg

wound up selling em after a couple uses.

reminds me, i shave with that Shaving Butter from dollar shave club. works good cause its clear , especially if you're lining up you're face.

unknown-1.jpeg

IMG_9561-600x450.jpg

same. i see mine every 2 weeks. fix it myself in between. i got all the equipment, even my barber adjusted my clippers to perfection . he's the one who put me on to the blackout's. they don't get hot as fast as the og's. them joints were like holding a curling iron after 3 minutes.

i've gotten awfully nice with the straight razor, took time and alot of courage :lol:
That no tangle cable on the blackouts are the real gem though.

wow 15 years :wow:

u need to encase those on a pillow :lol:

Andis are the top of the line , as far as I know and what I've been told by those in the know. i copped these before the blackout's and was not impressed at all. did nothing but cut and scratch me.

918oKevx2sL._SL1500_.jpg

wound up selling em after a couple uses.

Yeah these were never that good to me, when I had them only used it a few times. Had an Andis slimline 2 I was gonna throw away because they suck, but ended buying some t blades for that wahl edger and modifying them to fit and zero gapping, ended up being a fantastic cordless option for shape ups.

i need a new electric shaver. those Braun joints look pretty but $200 plus is a lil stupid. again , my barber lent his humble opinion again and said these are the truth

A17PpIGmUEL._SY355_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B01EG4G7BQ

as someone who used one of these, the cut/shave is solid, but the foil/head will need replacement every 3-4 months (@$16+ a pop) depending on your usage...

id look into the Andis version (which supposedly yields similar results)...

Back
Top Bottom