image.php

free download
http://www.repdabean.com/#/white-boy-like-me/4534370564

masspike, smoke, lt, millyz...things are being switched around
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Can't take him serious for some reason

Meh this aint do noting for me either

He better start talking about how he likes to smoke weed and college parties, chopping his female relatives up, and taking it up the butt if he wants to getanywhere in rap.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Damn Allen, I didn't know you rapped?
there is a resemblance
laugh.gif

Eminem if he ever had a swagger, boston george if he ever was a rapper
pimp.gif

371863948.jpg

smoke and roc on billion dollars
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Cameraman should have held his breathe while shooting that, @$#* is shaky. Unless it was done like that on purpose.

Im feelin that track tho, its some Ny @$#*

My man put me on to his mixtape, I was suprised to see him having all that J. Cardim production, Twice As Nice are dope too even tho they got a real wack beaton this

That's My Life with Masspike is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Life4Life got a strong team, no love for my guy Lee Boi Al?

honestly, i havent given him, sean hines or rushya much of a chance. ill have to look into him some more

day after i made this, he's in the herald..

http://www.bostonherald.com/enterta...0814millyz_drives_up_his_fan_base_car_by_car/

Millyz drives up his fan base, car by car

4b759624e3_ltpMillyz081409.jpg

Not even standstill traffic can stop Millyz's hustle.

The Cambridge rapper sees red lights and gridlock as another opportunity to distribute his debut street album, "@@$!$*+* Like Me."

Case in point: This writer scored a copy during a car ride home from a Michael Jackson tribute party in late June. While my cousins and I sat in TheaterDistrict traffic blasting The Gloved One's greatest hits, Millyz hopped out of his silver Mustang and passed CDs to every car in the vicinity, oursincluded.

We swapped out The Gloved One's greatest hits for the car-to-car marketer's album. Turns out, Millyz brings serious lyricism and songwriting savvy aswell as that all-important personal touch.

"@@$!$*+* Like Me" isn't the 23-year-old MC's first foray into music. Since dedicating himself to rap as a teen growing up in the Coastsection of Cambridge, he's appeared on tracks with several local rappers and released a handful of mixtapes, though none got a serious marketing campaign.

"Every other CD, I'd just put it out and go back to recording," Millyz saidat Cambridge's Hoyt Field. "I'd pass out 1,000 copies,and it was great music, but I didn't understand that you've got to get the music to people. You can't just keep cranking it out."

Since learning the hard way that a rapper's grind has to match his talent, Millyz - real name Miles Hadley - has stepped up his promotional game onmultiple fronts.

In addition to passing out CDs in traffic and hitting the streets from Maine to New York, Millyz has hooked up with Boston radio station WJMN-FM's(JAM'N 94.5) "Launchpad" - the Sunday night hip-hop show that spins underground talent - as well as Web sitesRepDaBean.com andNewEnglandHipHop.com, where the album is available for free download.

"I think you've got to build your name to the point where you can actually sell albums," Millyz said. "I figure it's like stepping overpennies to get to dollars. I just want people to listen to the music. I'll keep doing that until my name is out there to the point where people anticipatethe next one and I've got a crazy buzz."

He may not have long to wait.

"@@$!$*+* Like Me" features production from J. Cardim, Nelly Protools and J. Hunt, along with guest spots from Sean Kingston, Killer Mike and RedCafe and local artists Masspike Miles, Smoke Bulga, Antagonist and Knuckles.

The title addresses the obvious - yes, Millyz is a white rapper - and the content ranges from party anthems to tales of strife in school and on the streets.

"I was going down a bad road for a long time," Millyz said. "My best friend died when I was 14 and that had me thinking I wouldn't reallylive past 18. I got that mentality going. My other two closest friends are doing natural life in jail right now, so there's a lot of things that would makeyou say, 'eff it.' "

But Millyz isn't giving up. If his 2 a.m. guerrilla marketing tactics don't make it obvious, the rapper with Coast Mob tattooed on his forearms, raplyrics stored in his BlackBerry and a stack of CDs in his car is dedicated to the cause.

"I don't want to be the dude in jail like, 'Damn, if I didn't catch that case I could have been the greatest rapper ever,' " he said."I want to let life play its cards out, give myself a fair chance, you know what I mean? So if I get to 30 and I failed and I'm not in the game,that's on me. That's why I turned around from being negative. I'm not saying I'm Jesus, but I try, for real."

am i the only one who thinks that no other white rapper would make it big as Em
no matter how good they are? It seems Em took all the lime light away from all the white rappers
that are trying to make it..

crazy to see smoke and lou together, must have been 3 years ago i was in a studio lou and first question he asks me upon meeting him is what i thought of smokebulga...needless to say he wasn't a fan at that time
laugh.gif

millyz is just that dude. period. Best album/mixtape I heard all year, still playing in the car daily.

On his car-to-car promo method of handing out CDs:

"I kind of do that regularly," Millyz said. "I do that if I'm in the mood. Like I get hyped some nights and I'll stop my car in the middle of traffic, I'll make everybody wait, whatever it is."

On the obstacles he's faced and how they influence his music:

"I think that's all part of the big story, everything I went through," he said. "Because now that I think back about it, when I was going through all that pain and suffering and the dumb stuff that was going on around me, I didn't know that was actually gonna contribute to the story I tell later on. I thought it just sucked that I was a little misfit bad kid, but then it actually, boom - blossomed to a story I could tell in my music that people could relate to from Harlem to Maine."

"And I'm glad it's like that instead of being like the rest of these rappers who get a deal and catch their first case and then they become problems to society," he said. "Like nah, I'm going the opposite way. I'm going from negative to positive for real."

On stepping up the business end of his game:

"I had to learn the business more," he said. "I learned the hard way that you can't just make a good song and think that's it. Songwriting and being talented is like 40 percent of the actual makeup of the industry. Because you see rappers who are horrible, but if their grind is good, they'll get farther than I will writing great songs."

On his mindstate and where he's at career-wise:

"Some days you feel like 'I'ma blow up tomorrow' and some days you feel like never," he said. "I've been feeling more like tomorrow recently, where I went through a period of like 'Yo, like this ain't real.' It's just been getting more real to me."

On being a white rapper and the title of his CD:

"I forget, and then I'm reminded, that's why I made a permanent reminder to myself by calling my CD '!+!$$%*@ Like Me,' you know," he said. "I just wanted to address that issue early."

"When I go certain places, they'll just be surprised to see my movement and how people support me or just surprised that there's a white rapper who does his thing like me," he said. "That sounds crazy, I don't want to sound like that. It's just not that big (of a deal). Like everybody out here knows, that's fine. It's just when I go out of state, people will be more surprised by it, I guess, more taken aback when I approach them with a CD, more like wondering 'Yo, what is this, what's this gonna be about?' Out here, they already know."

"Some people look at you funny, like you've got to kind of win them over and prove that you're nice I guess, but nowadays everybody has to do that because there are so many rappers," he said. "So it doesn't affect me as much as one would think, not in a negative way at least. I think it more surprises people to see how soulful my music is. I was either gonna call the CD '!+!$$%*@ Like Me' or 'Blue-Eyed Soul,' but 'Blue-Eyed Soul' sounded too much like my greatest r & b hits, so I stayed off that."

On why he chose music as his career path:

"I figured I don't have too many options," he said. "I'm a SPED kid. School didn't work out for me in the least bit. I barely graduated eighth grade, then I got kicked out of Cambridge Rindge and Latin halfway through my freshman year. I ended up going to a SPED school in Charlestown, with like 22 kids with issues, so school was never that promising for me and music just fit me, like that's what I wanted to do."

On the content of his music:

"I think the rappers that overglorify all the negativity have never been through the negative stuff to know that it's poison," he said. "My best friends are doing life. Like there's nothing nice about violence and all of that. It's for real. It's like a ripple effect, you know when you throw a big stone in the pond, that's what it is. Dude who got killed wasn't the only person who felt that. Like you ain't never been in that courtroom seeing the mother cry not having a son … It's not really cool to glorify it like that because it's a reality. In my raps you're gonna hear about drugs and guns and the streets and trouble, but you're gonna hear the reality of it too. You're gonna hear about the cause and effect. It's a little different. I get the chills when I'm writing a verse, like it's for real."

No offense, but your boy sounds exactly like every other East Coast mixtape rapper in the last 10 years...only difference is that he's white.

Just my honest opinion...

Originally Posted by Al3xis

crazy to see smoke and lou together, must have been 3 years ago i was in a studio lou and first question he asks me upon meeting him is what i thought of smoke bulga...needless to say he wasn't a fan at that time
laugh.gif

millyz is just that dude. period. Best album/mixtape I heard all year, still playing in the car daily.
Millyz is definitly nice but keep it 100 his tape had a lot of trash on it

laugh.gif
ok...4, 5, 6, 9, 14..awful...

the rest i can still play.

I am biased and I listened to about 3 tapes all year, so yeah.. *discounting jewels tape which was better

Originally Posted by Al3xis

laugh.gif
ok...4, 5, 6, 9, 14..awful...

the rest i can still play.

I am biased and I listened to about 3 tapes all year, so yeah.. *discounting jewels tape which was better
Knowing is half the battle

Theres might be a few more 15 is wiggity too

You involved in music or is all this just support?

Back
Top Bottom