The Minnesota Timberwolves Thread: Timberwolves, Anthony Bennett part ways

Didn't Mao Zedong rule for like 30 years?

Edit: 25. Close enough :nerd:

Last edited:
Yup, Godfather Saunders is not relinquishing the system he has been slowly putting in since he came back to MN. That is not an option whatsoever and he holds all the cards here.

If he does not come back to coach next season (80% chance he does) he will have one of his assistants scoot over as Head.

This way Saunders can continue to overrule the entire operation from up in the stands (his first priority) and secondly his son will continue to have a seat on that bench (his second priority).

We have to remember the Ryan Saunders aspect in all of this. At this stage in Flip's career he strongly wants his son to have a career too - and his son can only have one if he is working under his dad or his dad's best friend Randy Wittman. Any decent outside head coach who would hypothetically come in here would look at Flip's staff and say "bye bye" and they all would be gone - no one is keeping Ryan especially. And Flip knows that.

So he will continue to do a disservice to Wolves paying customers and value his own priorities over the team's and he will keep a system where his cronies get to stay here (and in Wittman's case, come back here) and Flip gets to oversee it all despite the rest of the NBA (and media) literally laughing at him and his system which they have for almost a decade now.

As a Wolves follower, knowing this, the only thing I can look at on a positive note would be if they were able to hire a Fred Hoiberg who is a "Wolves guy." He is the only realistic outside option that I would be okay with.

Last edited:
Thank god we have Flip, 3 point shooting and "spacing" are so overrated.

andrew-wiggins-timberwolves-blazers-rookie-of-the-year.jpg

I mean who needs spacing right?

andrew-wiggins-timberwolves-blazers-rookie-of-the-year-3.jpg

I mean really 1998 was really the pinnacle of basketball. am I right guys?

Wiggins doesn't need 3 point shooting, or a 3 point shot. An overgrown Demar Derozan is a great outcome!!

Last edited:
Remaining schedules:

New York (16-64, own tiebreaker)
Mon. @ ATL - Hawks are 7-3 in their last 10, win streak right now: 4
Wed. vs DET - Pistons are 5-5 L10, Streak: L2

Minnesota (16-64)
Mon. vs NOP - Pelicans are 6-4 L10, Streak: W1
Wed. vs OKC - Thunder are 4-6 L10, Streak: W1

Both teams should finish 16-66. No. 2 odds for the Timberwolves, no worse than the No. 3 pick. Ugh. It's a big deal to get the No. 1 odds in this particular draft, because you're selecting no worse than No. 2 in a draft that may only have two transformational players (I say 'only', but that's still a lot for a single draft - 'transformational' types)

Last edited:
Bummed I missed last night's game, but chalk another one up to the LaVine backers. :pimp:

Lots of losses this year, but just as suspected from the beginning, when I felt it would still be an entertaining-- and at times fun -- season. Just about ready for the draft.

@BloodStrib: Kevin Martin is feeling sick and missed shootaround to see the doctor. He is questionable for tonight

Former NBA player Trent Tucker co-hosts a local talk show in the Twin Cities and was saying the Timberwolves should use Ricky Rubio to get another player and 2015 first-round pick, and go ahead into the future with:

Wiggins
Okafor (via their own pick)
Tyus (via the pick they'd get in the Rubio player/2015 pick deal)

I can see why he'd propose this with Jones' upbringing taking place in Minnesota and Tyus/Jahlil staying together, etc.

Again though: Ricky Rubio is younger than John Wall. His shooting hasn't improved, but his vision/defense/leadership at 24 years old is something I'm completely fine having.

EDIT: Thought I bring this in here J

Thoughts on this?

BTW, anyone have theESPN Insider who the rookies should look at? I know Wiggins should look at Harden. But wanted to see LaVine and others too. Would ask the main thread but they're discussing middle school pizza and papa johns :lol:

Last edited:
Equal in importance or even more important, the Timberwolves just eliminated themselves completely from getting the fifth pick. That's a guarantee by getting the best odds, whereas the best odds only increase your chances to 1 in 4 for the first overall selection. I'll take both, and think it's worth being excited about both.

I can't envision a scenario where they beat the Thunder, who must win in order to give themselves any chance (they need the Pelicans to drop their final game + beat the Timberwolves since New Orleans owns the tiebreaker for the No. 8 seed)

Last edited:
Last place! :lol: :smokin

The Thunder will whoop the Wolves Wednesday. That means yup no worse than the #4 pick (which always is a possibility with the luck this team has).

I give the team credit -- after making the KG trade and thumping the Wizards the first night I was afraid they were going to win too many games....but since that night they will close out with a 3-23 finish.

Lowe gave Wiggins ROY in today's article but with several shots fired at Flip, Hamilton, Payne, LaVine, L.Brown, and even Wiggins. He's not wrong on all accounts.

Dwane Casey vs. Randy Wittman

Round 1, 2015 NBA Playoffs

Loser gets to coach the Timberwolves.

At least that's how I could see it playing out in the case of Wittman. Never mind Casey, who was fired for going .500 when we haven't been .500 for an entire season in the decade since.

Who else has ties to Flip that isn't a disastrous retread?

Hoiberg the only one? I'd take Freddy all day, but I don't know if he wants to leave Ames. 

Last edited:
Lowe gave Wiggins ROY in today's article but with several shots fired at Flip, Hamilton, Payne, LaVine, L.Brown, and even Wiggins. He's not wrong on all accounts.

Im lost what was people expecting with all these damn injuries we have?

I'm finding myself trying to defend Wiggins against moat nba writers and hell Skip has started to annoy me about Wiggins criticism. Dudes 20! Calm down damn it!

Last edited:
WHAT

IN

THE

HELL?

@3:50

:x :x :x :x :x :x

If he would have finished that.....you stop the game and give him the R.O.Y. award right THERE!

Back
Top Bottom