The Mist: One of the Best movies of the decade, do you guys agree?

One of the best movies I've seen ever. The special effects weren't that good, the whole movie was basically at a convenient store, there are barely anyscenes of the monsters...these things initially kept me away from the movie. I thought "oh, just another corny flick". But the story is amazinglynovel-like, with a good amount of morals, emotions, and realism. It truly dissects the human physique in the face of desperation and vulnerability and showshow the people acted in different ways to the situation that was put upon them. If you haven't seen this movie, then pick it up immediately.

indifferent.gif

I did DIE laughing at the ending though

Never saw it.
Heard it was terrible, but might check it out.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

One of the best movies I've seen ever. The special effects weren't that good, the whole movie was basically at a convenient store, there are barely any scenes of the monsters...these things initially kept me away from the movie. I thought "oh, just another corny flick". But the story is amazingly novel-like, with a good amount of morals, emotions, and realism. It truly dissects the human physique in the face of desperation and vulnerability and shows how the people acted in different ways to the situation that was put upon them. If you haven't seen this movie, then pick it up immediately.

Mist2007.jpg

ya dont say...

While I think it was one of the more slept on movies of the decade it MIGHT make my top 50.

Something is wrong with your brain if you think this is one of the best movies ever, or even one of the best of the decade. Its barely worth renting. It wouldbe nearly unwatchable if it wasn't for Thomas Jane. If you're curious, catch it on HBO or something, when there is nothing else on.

nah i agree. one of the top 75 movies in my opinion of the decade. wouldnt say its anywhere near my top 25 but def on it.

I dont think I hated a character as much as I did in this movie. The audience reaction to her fate was one of the best reactions out of an audience iveexperienced

The ending is what makes this movie ...... but the acting of that guy from Hung makes my ears bleed ..... while that dryness and emotional awkwardness worksfor Hung ...... It completely ruins this movie for me except for the saving grace of the ending

You have got to be kidding me.

Mark Walhberg couldnt have even made this movie one that i would put in the "good" category.

I liked it, but it wasn't one of the best.

I almost stood and applauded when that preachin !+$ woman got murked out.

The ending ruined the movie for me. Possibly one of the worst endings in the history of movies.

Originally Posted by eghckk

The ending ruined the movie for me. Possibly one of the worst endings in the history of movies.

QFT

a big
prince_pimp_hand_slap.gif
for the OP..you must be out of your mind..

I remember seeing this movie back with my girlfriend and it was hot butt..hot hot butt.

For those that have never seen the film here it is in a nutshell

Spoiler [+]
- Father, son, and people trapped in convenience store
- Mist rolls in...
- People get killed by alien-like creatures, some employees some customers...
- Some religious Kerney Thomas, Bishop TD Jakes ++% lady tries to rally up some religious revolt, people shut her down, some don't
- Eventually it leads to the father, the son, and some broad (not his wife) to go use some car and try and travel to find help
- Car runs out of gas...the dad is like we're not gonna survive this so..we might as well kill eachother
eyes.gif

- Broad dies, dad kills his son...
- THEN!!!
- The military comes
indifferent.gif

- Dudes with flame throwers and all that start killing all the creatures, some lady that was at the store but had to leave to check up on her kids earlier in the film is on a tank waving.
- The dad does the typical kneel in the middle of the street and cry...
alien.gif

But
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
dudes were harlem shaking when the preacher got killed...everyone was on that"Yay Ollie" !+%@
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DSteezy

Originally Posted by eghckk

QFT

a big
prince_pimp_hand_slap.gif
for the OP..you must be out of your mind..

I remember seeing this movie back with my girlfriend and it was hot butt..hot hot butt.

For those that have never seen the film here it is in a nutshell

Spoiler [+]
- Father, son, and people trapped in convenience store
- Mist rolls in...
- People get killed by alien-like creatures, some employees some customers...
- Some religious Kerney Thomas, Bishop TD Jakes +$* lady tries to rally up some religious revolt, people shut her down, some don't
- Eventually it leads to the father, the son, and some broad (not his wife) to go use some car and try and travel to find help
- Car runs out of gas...the dad is like we're not gonna survive this so..we might as well kill eachother
eyes.gif

- Broad dies, dad kills his son...
- THEN!!!
- The military comes
indifferent.gif

- Dudes with flame throwers and all that start killing all the creatures, some lady that was at the store but had to leave to check up on her kids earlier in the film is on a tank waving.
- The dad does the typical kneel in the middle of the street and cry...
alien.gif

you basically just used bulletnotes for the same sentence lol

and you make it sound mad bleh. You missed out a lot including how people in the store start taking sides. The character development is pretty great.

Saw it on showtime or Starz a couple of weeks ago.. The only good part was when they killed that RELIGIOUS lady.. Thats it. I ENDY WAS BAD... REAL BAD.

Back
Top Bottom