The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

They were cutting personnel last week. Some of them were the heads of their regional offices. And there's obviously the issue with GSP.

Something isn't quite right there.

I think the "surprise" was the lay offs of the regional heads. Zuffa was aiming for an international expansion. With the lay offs, is this going to be command and controlled from Vegas or are they ceasing the expansion?

And what about the rumors of them reducing the number of cards next year?

There's a lot of nebulous things going in the background. The new heads haven't really said anything. Priorities, initiatives, etc.

Please reduce the # of cards next year. One nearly every week is too much. Thin out the roster a little bit. Utilize fight pass more.

just grabbed free tickets to the UFC 205 weigh ins. I figured since i spent so much on the event, i might as well go to the weigh ins for free :lol:

Less cards means the quality of them will be a lot better hopefully..I'm all for that.

you're taking away jobs/opportunities for a lot of up and coming fighters.
Throw em on the prelims

I'd rather every ppv card be stacked

If it was up to me i'd do 2 cards a month

1 ppv
1 fox

On a predictable schedule

Last edited:
WSOF's NYC card is not bad at all. 4 title fights. Justin Gaethje is defending his 155lb belt, Fitch is defending his 170lb belt against Jake Sheilds, Marlon Moraes is defending his 135lb belt, and David Branch is defending his 185lb belt. If tickets are cheap, I'll go. It's on December 31, but main card is from 4-6pm so it's not bad at all.

Last edited:
you're taking away jobs/opportunities for a lot of up and coming fighters.

That's what regional shows/events used to be for.

The UFC further monopolized things by having Ultimate Fight Night and UFC on Fox events showcasing lower level talent with recognized fighters in the main event or on the main card.

This wasn't to benefit any of the fighters either, it was all about the UFC getting advertising money from the cable networks instead of only getting PPV revenue.

My prediction is fewer card and a thinner roster so WME can build up more superstars to crossover into TV/film/etc.

bisping announced it then dana said it wasn't happening.

Because Dana's never done that before :lol:

Bisping has to be fighter of the year if he takes out Nick too, right? Spider, Luke, Hendo and Nick all in a calender year. Impressive stuff.

Yea, Dana saying it's not happening makes me feel like it's a lock to happen.

Back
Top Bottom