The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

It’s wild to me chito vs suga is the biggest fight at 135 and by a landslide. I don’t even think aljo/cejudo would do half the numbers chito/suga fight would do

Chito vs anybody is a big fight. His swag. How he’s got highlight reels post Aldo loss.

If I was Yan, I’d do the Chito fight. The only other option is Merab. 👀

TJ hurt. You can’t fight AlJo. You beat Sandhagen.

Watched the Yan Suga fight again.
No way Sean even won the first round. He hurt Yan once but Yan had a huge takedown and dropped Sean clean.
Third round was the only one that could've gone to Sean.

Josh Thomson said on his podcast he personally knows of 3 occasions where the commission screwed up the scorecards and just went with it. Would not be surprised if this was another one of those.

Anyone picking volk to beat Islam?

I’m gonna go islam once again
Going to be interesting to see what kind of gamelan Volks team goes in with. One thing Volk has that none of Islam's opponents had is elite footwork. His footwork to avoid takedowns and TDD in general is great.

At first I saw Patricios name up top and only saw Patricky in the pic,, thinking Bellator didn't know who was who

Watched the Yan Suga fight again.
No way Sean even won the first round. He hurt Yan once but Yan had a huge takedown and dropped Sean clean.
Third round was the only one that could've gone to Sean.

Josh Thomson said on his podcast he personally knows of 3 occasions where the commission screwed up the scorecards and just went with it. Would not be surprised if this was another one of those.
Josh Thompson also said Moussasi was the best MW regardless promotion

Going to be interesting to see what kind of gamelan Volks team goes in with. One thing Volk has that none of Islam's opponents had is elite footwork. His footwork to avoid takedowns and TDD in general is great.

At first I saw Patricios name up top and only saw Patricky in the pic,, thinking Bellator didn't know who was who

I think Volk’s most realistic path to victory is a decision.

New “UFC” P4P rankings are out.

Islam is #3 (which I asked would he take Charle’s spot).

Jon Jones is #12 after not fighting for two years smh.

Kamaru is #4 with the title next to his pic.

Leon is #5 not title belt 😂

Charles is #7

AlJo is #8.

Interestingly on the Bw rankings, Sean is #1 above Yan 😂

O'Malley with the ten spot move up to #1 BW, guess it's not quite like Pereira going to #4 from being unranked lol. But yea that basically means he's definitely fighting for the title now, guess I shouldn't be surprised but after him winning a split decision and even admitting he wasn't sure he won... UFC gonna do what's best for ratings and their brands so is what it is.

Aljo is a matchup nightmare for O’Malley, who is seemingly self-aware enough that he’s gotta know it. Maybe will still just accept the fight they’re trying to make for the bag though.

Yeah. If Sean couldn’t stop Yan. He’s not stopping AlJo. And Aljo will just Sandhagen him.

And Yan better ask for Chito before they start chirping about Merab.

Also Porier and Gaethje just resting at the top of the LW charts.

Also Porier and Gaethje just resting at the top of the LW charts.

Sounds like Gaethje doing whatever he can to avoid the new guard. I'd like to see him and Dariush get matched up since Benny likely not getting a shot until late summer at soonest. Then who knows what they do with Chandler if he finishes Poirier.

Gaethje, Porier, and Chandler clogging up LW.

Both Porier and Chandler have had two title fights in the last 3-4 years. Both lost to Khabib and Charles. In their minds, are they like third times the charm?

Instead of letting Aldo retire. They should’ve been like let’s try to make catch weight fun fights with these dudes who got names but really shouldn’t be competing for titles.

Dariush, Gamrot, Tsarukyan, and Turner just hanging out till RDA, Chandler, Gaethje, and Porier get out of there. And the mentality is going to be I’m not going to fight someone ranked lower.

Chandler legit not a top 10 fighter. His wins have only been against declining Hooker and Tony. And he had an exciting fight with Gaethje.

Back
Top Bottom