The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Don’t hold your breath for Conor. Last time he coached TUF he was able to weasel out of fighting Faber. Wouldn’t be surprised if Dana lets him do the same for another unearned title shot.
Just to clarify- Faber and Conor were never intended to fight at the end of the season

But I agree with you, Conor is always one or two losses away from an immediate title shot. He and Till have that unique power to them it seems

Just to clarify- Faber and Conor were never intended to fight at the end of the season

But I agree with you, Conor is always one or two losses away from an immediate title shot. He and Till have that unique power to them it seems

Because of the injury? I couldn’t remember.

Either pretty trash when the concept is the coaches fight each other at the end, essentially as a move in solidarity with their teams. But if anyone is going to get special treatment, it’ll be good old McNugget.

Because of the injury? I couldn’t remember.

Either pretty trash when the concept is the coaches fight each other at the end, essentially as a move in solidarity with their teams. But if anyone is going to get special treatment, it’ll be good old McNugget.
I had to look back as well to get the timeline straight- but I knew they were never scheduled to fight

"White, however, said unlike many seasons of the show, the two coaches won’t fight each other at the conclusion. Perhaps coincidentally, Faber and McGregor had a run-in on Friday prior to the weigh-ins for UFC 189, which took place Saturday in Las Vegas. In the main event, McGregor beat Faber’s teammate Chad Mendes for the interim 145-pound belt."

It looks like that season took place after Conor won the Interim belt by beating Mendes

At the time Dana was aiming to put Conor vs Aldo to unify- which is what happened after the season ended

After Conor unified, he was supposed to move up to fight RDA (which going back to the discussion of P4P fighting each other- that would have been another example) but RDA got hurt and Faber claims Dana wanted Faber to step in. But they went with Nate instead

Chandler overrated, but Conor straight WASHED. Def smart to have them fight. They been tryna make a star outta Chandler since he stepped foot in the UFC. a KO win over Conor would give him a huge rub

I get that, but Johnson is like a .500 fighter so he doesn’t get to even joke like that
Chest thumping is part of the game. And MJ does have the bragging rights over Porier.

No different than Conor trolling or joking.
Chandler saying they could do this fight at allegiant stadium LOL
Could. Conor could possibly draw a large crowd to a stadium. Just not with the current UFC promotion engine 😂

I remember when they were talking crazy with Brock/Fedor Cowboy Stadium.

Speaking of Fedor…

Chandler overrated, but Conor straight WASHED. Def smart to have them fight. They been tryna make a star outta Chandler since he stepped foot in the UFC. a KO win over Conor would give him a huge rub
Conor still has the power to put Chandler’s lights out with a counter punch if Chandler comes after him with reckless abandon, which he usually does.

The real question is how is Conor’s takedown defense looking these days and does Chandler still have the wrestling to exploit it?

If the fight stays standing, I definitely favor Conor to win.

Anyone watching bellator?

I will say, it’s good to know Jones and Conor both fighting this year

Chest thumping is part of the game. And MJ does have the bragging rights over Porier.

No different than Conor trolling or joking.

Could. Conor could possibly draw a large crowd to a stadium. Just not with the current UFC promotion engine 😂

I remember when they were talking crazy with Brock/Fedor Cowboy Stadium.

Speaking of Fedor…
Conor won two belts

Johnson has bragging rights but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s worse than mid

Bench players can’t throw jokes at the greats

Fedor is my all time favorite fighter and there isn’t even a close second.

Whatever happens tonight, I just hope that the Master Bader doesn’t pull some LaynPray grind it out for a boring UD ********.

…I‘d rather see The Last Emperor get KOed than go out like that.

Eblen is legit. Man's leveled up in the Mousasi fight. Really want to see how he stacks up against the UFC top guys.

Taira is a beast man. Got the skills to definitely be a future title contender.

Eblen is legit. Man's leveled up in the Mousasi fight. Really want to see how he stacks up against the UFC top guys.

Taira is a beast man. Got the skills to definitely be a future title contender.
Eblen will be past his prime unfortunately when he gets to the ufc. Only Bellator guy a see jumping over and dominating is Usman N. bc hes so young.

Back
Top Bottom