The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Seems like timing played a huge role. They need to sell the ppv card and they likely would have gave the shot to Rory if he wasn't booked. Plus Rory has been out with an injury. Card is taking shape, I might hit up a B dubs to watch.

On that card we also finally get Aaron Pico's debut! FINALLY

Sonnen vs Wandy

Lima vs Larkin

Chandler vs Primus

Pico vs TBD

Great card, not quite PPV worthy IMO but it's an intriguing card so far. I'm sure they'll add more solid matches

Good call, card has a few freak shows and few real fights and the debut of one of the most intriguing young fighters in MMA

Last edited:
Just rewatched Cruz Cody and it was a lot closer than I remember

Cody def took rd 3,4 w 4th being 10-8
Cruz took rd 5 clearly
1 and 2 were extremely close and actually Cruz landed the biggest shots of both RDS, both staggering Cody. Also landed more strikes throughout

Also I watched it on mute again and picked up on joes commentary having an influence

Last edited:
Felt that way after rewatching when it happened.

What sealed it for Cody were some knockdown that happened when Dom got careless and rushed in

A lot closer than people remember

Last edited:
I highly suggest listening to the Cruz/Rogan podcast. 

Dom was saying that when he got cut early, he knew he had to go for the kill since there was a chance the fight would be stopped because of bleeding. So he had to abandon the way he normally fights and thats point scoring. 

Cruz still the GOAT BW anyways. He'll be back. Zero doubt in my mind

Dom was saying that when he got cut early, he knew he had to go for the kill since there was a chance the fight would be stopped because of bleeding. So he had to abandon the way he normally fights and thats point scoring. 

This. 100%

Cruz took rd 5 clearly
1 and 2 were extremely close and actually Cruz landed the biggest shots of both RDS, both staggering Cody. Also landed more strikes throughout

Also I watched it on mute again and picked up on joes commentary having an influence

cody would've probably take rd 5 if he wanted to. pretty much in celebration mode after a very dominant 3,4,5
the fight wasn't even close in my eyes

Last edited:

Cruz took rd 5 clearly

Interesting take. When is the TJ/Cody fight?

Dom is in such a weird place. Rematches with TJ or Cody.

I want to agree with you because I truly respect Cruz and love his style

I'm more doubtful that he'll for sure get his title back because of two things

-Plantar Fasciitis

-His mileage on his banged up body

Dom's been referring to this issue for a while now. There is no cure for it. Add to this his body is pretty much a ticking time bomb. I believe these factors are serious

External factors:

-I believe the TJ/Cruz fight was a lot closer than most people think and TJ isn't getting worse what so ever, he's still healthy and improving

-Obviously Cody will keep improving and is pretty much just scratching the surface

Yeah, at this point in their careers coloring book is a better, faster, healthier athlete than Dom.

Wonderboy's pops has three names for the next opponent

“We are not ones for calling people out, but in terms of people who I would like Stephen to fight next, preferably someone in the top five,” Thompson said. “Maybe Condit. He’s def a stud and will come to fight. Lawler is a beast and will fight no matter what.”

“I think the best fight would be between Wonderboy and Nick Diaz. Nick ain’t scared and will def bring hell in a hand basket. We’ve got a lot of respect for these men and would be honored to step in the Octagon with either of them.”

Wonderboy's pops has three names for the next opponent

“We are not ones for calling people out, but in terms of people who I would like Stephen to fight next, preferably someone in the top five,” Thompson said. “Maybe Condit. He’s def a stud and will come to fight. Lawler is a beast and will fight no matter what.”

“I think the best fight would be between Wonderboy and Nick Diaz. Nick ain’t scared and will def bring hell in a hand basket. We’ve got a lot of respect for these men and would be honored to step in the Octagon with either of them.”

Tranlsation: We really want Nick Diaz because he's a huge name and his feet are slow so we'll move around him and potshot all night just like Carlos Condit did.

And I thought Condit was basically retired. He seems like he has one foot out already

Wonderboy's in no mans land right now until Woodley loses the title. He needs to knock off guys with name value to prop himself up for another title shot

I mean, you can't really throw shots at Wonderboy for those list of names

Outside of Woodley, Jorge and Maia-- Lawler, Condit are the best of that division whether or not they're active right now and Diaz, as perhaps past his prime he may be, is still probably as dangerous as the rest of the division (Magny, Stun Gun, Saffedine etc.)

He's only calling out the very best that's available. I kinda like how he shunned Gunnar, even though I want them to fight

cody would've probably take rd 5 if he wanted to. pretty much in celebration mode after a very dominant 3,4,5
the fight wasn't even close in my eyes

U should get ur eyes checked then lol or better yet watch it again if u can.

Also stats don't lie just looked them up. Although it wasnt broken down rd by rd. They favored Cruz overall but doesn't show it by round

Last edited:
Bellator adds James Gallagher vs Chinzo Machida for the Bellator PPV event. I think this fight will headline the prelims.

Last edited:
Next SUG event shaping up nice.

Jake Shields vs Dillon Danis

Paulo Miyao vs Urijah Faber

These days I'm getting more gassed for submission grappling events then mma :lol:

ADCC west coast trials is staaaaacked :smh:

View media item 2383356
I train at GB Birmingham which is Braulio's academy. Ever since he announced the Lo match up there's been an awesome vibe at training.

Last edited:
Danis getting folded up one way or another. Whether it's on the mat or in the lobby :lol:

Hopefully he comes through with the Diaz bros and Gil :smokin

Back
Top Bottom