The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Folks living off that tibau fight lol like gsp didn’t lose multiple times to one dimensional dudes

if khabib is hittable then what does that make gsp? Gsp got devastated and beat up several times. Khabib never been knocked down or cut and faced the best strikers of this era

Prime vs prime depending on the weight overall would be very close. Khabibs top control is superior to gsps. Yeah gsp could jab but eventually I think khabib gets him down. Just depends on if you think he could keep him down I think he could at a 165 catchweight

Khabib technically only lost TWO rounds in his career allegedly. I think he won the first Gaethje round. And Khabib Floyd Mayweather’d Conor.

Prime Khabib has competent striking and crazy take downs, GnP, submission game, cardio.

George never faced anyone like that. I give him credit with the striking, TDD, wrestling, GnP. But the last three Khabib wins. George is also a freak athlete. He also had a great coaching staff with Firas and Jackson.

If they weren’t on the same team, I’d pick Khabib over Usman.

Jon is the best ever but the tweet storm after he picked gaethje by ko comes off lil jealous

I understand his frustration with the Ufc and their promotion of him tho

But he hasn’t exactly done himself any favors either

Khabib technically only lost TWO rounds in his career allegedly. I think he won the first Gaethje round. And Khabib Floyd Mayweather’d Conor.

Prime Khabib has competent striking and crazy take downs, GnP, submission game, cardio.

George never faced anyone like that. I give him credit with the striking, TDD, wrestling, GnP. But the last three Khabib wins. George is also a freak athlete. He also had a great coaching staff with Firas and Jackson.

If they weren’t on the same team, I’d pick Khabib over Usman.

See y'all are getting out of hand with the Khabib stuff now.

Bones is a clown but there's a grain of truth in what he's saying, I'm seeing a lot of prisoners of the moment

If I throw out the tests I can’t deny jon Jones being the best ever

Jon went off on twitter but I don’t blame him one bit. He gave many genuine praise and respect to khabib, he believes what he believes and it’s not all that False if at all

After that I wouldn’t care if someone said gsp or khabib Or Anderson

those guys are interchangeable to me

For all the people bringing up Tibau as Khabib’s one blemish, then you have to bring up Reyes as Jones’ blemish and that was his last fight.

If jon ever loses I know people gonna be quick to take his goat title away but he’s kind of cemented to me

His story isn’t done yet and it could go in so many diff directions still

For all the people bringing up Tibau as Khabib’s one blemish, then you have to bring up Reyes as Jones’ blemish and that was his last fight.
I just bring up Tibau because most fans, media members, commentators act like that fight doesn't exist so they can say khabib never lost a round, never struggled in a fight, dominated every opponent. I don't use it to elevate gsp or jones in comparison.

Folks living off that tibau fight lol like gsp didn’t lose multiple times to one dimensional dudes

if khabib is hittable then what does that make gsp? Gsp got devastated and beat up several times. Khabib never been knocked down or cut and faced the best strikers of this era

Prime vs prime depending on the weight overall would be very close. Khabibs top control is superior to gsps. Yeah gsp could jab but eventually I think khabib gets him down. Just depends on if you think he could keep him down I think he could at a 165 catchweight

After the 1st Serra fight GSP only really got beat up by Hendricks who i believe was juiced to high heaven.

Carlos also had him hurt bad but he dominated that fight overall.

Khabib has definitely been more durable at his weight class.

He’s not very dangerous on the feet though. Outside of the occasional wild flying knee or dragon punch uppercut you are essentially 1000% focused on not getting taken down.

I think GSP would have the size, athleticism and discipline to pull off a boring *** 5 rnd jab fest decision.

I think he might even land a couple nasty late round takedowns :pimp:

After the 1st Serra fight GSP only really got beat up by Hendricks who i believe was juiced to high heaven.

Carlos also had him hurt bad but he dominated that fight overall.

Khabib has definitely been more durable at his weight class.

He’s not very dangerous on the feet though. Outside of the occasional wild flying knee or dragon punch uppercut you are essentially 1000% focused on not getting taken down.

I think GSP would have the size, athleticism and discipline to pull off a boring *** 5 rnd jab fest decision.

I think he might even land a couple nasty late round takedowns :pimp:
Solid breakdown of GSP in that window and I agree Khabib isn't dangerous on his feet but he doesn't need to be. I actually think his striking has evolved to the point of better than average when you consider his take down threat. He was peppering Justin

Can't really call that Khabib GSP match up. I mean either argument I will generally buy but I definitely understand the size thing. That's the wildcard.. we have no clue how Khabib would fare at a higher weight...

I mean if you put Khabib vs Usman or Colby at 170 I'm sure that would bring a lot of opinions and debate so when you bring in one of the GOATs in GSP and say even at 165 I mean I get it if anyone thinks GSP gets the win

See y'all are getting out of hand with the Khabib stuff now.

Bones is a clown but there's a grain of truth in what he's saying, I'm seeing a lot of prisoners of the moment
I don’t disagree. We’re all prisoners of the moment.

But besides a few comments by Khabib, why not let it be? Khabib retired after a dominating performance. Of course, it was going to reverberate through social media.

But Jon “narcissistic” Jones has to hijack it. His first tweet said I’ll give you your five minutes but it changes when I get heavyweight gold. Then the storm of tweets.

GSP meanwhile getting interviewed by Ariel or Chael and is humble, gracious.

And personally, I have GSP higher than Anderson and Jon because of one simple fact, he never got caught multiple times doing PEDs. Not taking away anything from their skill. Barry Bonds was a great hitter steroids or no steroids.

bj penn was always trying to throw dirt on gsp's name. Saying he greased himself up and used ped's.

Why does Jon Jones have to let it be? There are no rules to this. If he's in his feelings and wants to express himself, he has the right to.

It doesn't diminish what Khabib did yesterday.

Lots of reasons apparently, color of his skin, criminal, testing dirty, but mainly because he couldn't just let khabib have his moment

Jon neck and neck with gsp at the top

I don’t disagree. We’re all prisoners of the moment.

But besides a few comments by Khabib, why not let it be? Khabib retired after a dominating performance. Of course, it was going to reverberate through social media.

But Jon “narcissistic” Jones has to hijack it. His first tweet said I’ll give you your five minutes but it changes when I get heavyweight gold. Then the storm of tweets.

GSP meanwhile getting interviewed by Ariel or Chael and is humble, gracious.

And personally, I have GSP higher than Anderson and Jon because of one simple fact, he never got caught multiple times doing PEDs. Not taking away anything from their skill. Barry Bonds was a great hitter steroids or no steroids.

My prisoner of the moment thing was more towards you saying Khabib would beat Usman. I’m not seeing it. Usman is the bigger man dominating much bigger guys, with some excellent wrestlers mixed in. If Tibau could keep it standing I’m quite sure Usman could as well, and without the serious threat of wrestling Khabib isn’t a threat on the feet.

As far as Jon goes, he’s a hyper competitor as well as an ******* so he did what he did, no surprises. But he’s not lying.

I’m still putting GSP, Bones, Silva, and Fedor above Khabib just because they did it at the highest level as the champ for much longer. We all know that holding that belt for years is the hardest part. All of those guys I named were dominant early but at some point people start es catching up. They had to deal with competitors that were watching all their fights, watching hours of tape, and constantly game planning with them in mind. Everybody that fought them it was the biggest fight of their lives. I couldn’t ever call a dude with only three title defenses the GOAT considering the great title runs we’ve seen before.

And lastly, Bones is a cheat but I maintain that Silva never failed a steroid test until AFTER he snapped his leg. Not to mention he had to defend his title against multiple competitors who were 100% on steroids (Sonnen, Marquardt, Vitor, Hendo). Still never popped in his era when it was basically the Wild West and tons of people he fought were either confirmed to be on steroids or likely on them, and he was still running ****, so that Silva popped for steroids stuff means not a damn thing to me. I got Silva, GSP, Fedor in the goat discussion and Bones behind them with the asterisk.

My prisoner of the moment thing was more towards you saying Khabib would beat Usman. I’m not seeing it. Usman is the bigger man dominating much bigger guys, with some excellent wrestlers mixed in. If Tibau could keep it standing I’m quite sure Usman could as well, and without the serious threat of wrestling Khabib isn’t a threat on the feet.

As far as Jon goes, he’s a hyper competitor as well as an ******* so he did what he did, no surprises. But he’s not lying.

I’m still putting GSP, Bones, Silva, and Fedor above Khabib just because they did it at the highest level as the champ for much longer. We all know that holding that belt for years is the hardest part. All of those guys I named were dominant early but at some point people start es catching up. They had to deal with competitors that were watching all their fights, watching hours of tape, and constantly game planning with them in mind. Everybody that fought them it was the biggest fight of their lives. I couldn’t ever call a dude with only three title defenses the GOAT considering the great title runs we’ve seen before.

And lastly, Bones is a cheat but I maintain that Silva never failed a steroid test until AFTER he snapped his leg. Not to mention he had to defend his title against multiple competitors who were 100% on steroids (Sonnen, Marquardt, Vitor, Hendo). Still never popped in his era when it was basically the Wild West and tons of people he fought were either confirmed to be on steroids or likely on them, and he was still running ****, so that Silva popped for steroids stuff means not a damn thing to me. I got Silva, GSP, Fedor in the goat discussion and Bones behind them with the asterisk.
USAda didn’t come to the ufc until 2015

Anderson snapped his leg in 2013 and then tested positive in his very next fight in.... 2015

Im not giving Anderson the benefit of the doubt at all and not going to put an asterisk on bones but that’s just me. He’s still at the table in my mind

I just bring up Tibau because most fans, media members, commentators act like that fight doesn't exist so they can say khabib never lost a round, never struggled in a fight, dominated every opponent. I don't use it to elevate gsp or jones in comparison.

The casuals don’t even realize that fight exists

Back
Top Bottom