The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

It was hilarious. They signed Will Brooks. Then Eddie. Both champs.

Will got cut for being lackluster after beating Chandler twice I think. Eddie got outperformed by Cowboy.

I’ll say Eddie probably was top ten LW. The only times he really looked bad was Porier and Conor.

I was hoping Cody was going to go after the other title. The lightweight belt just seems like a step in the different direction.

Chito is a winnable fight for Sean granted it will be his toughest...from here on out his opps just gonna get better and better......I’m in for the ride.

chito been in there will the best, the fight should say alot o’malley and where he stands in the division

DC and stiopic right around the corner

who yall got?

I’m riding with DC

Chito is a winnable fight for Sean granted it will be his toughest...from here on out his opps just gonna get better and better......I’m in for the ride.

chito been in there will the best, the fight should say alot o’malley and where he stands in the division

DC and stiopic right around the corner

who yall got?

I’m riding with DC

DC.

Am I the only one that isn’t really impressed by Stipe? He’s in the convo for all time great heavyweight but it just feels like that’s more due to the weakness of the heavyweight division in the ufc. He’s got some names on his resume but for whatever reason he just doesn’t feel elite to me. I think Werdum could have beat him if he didn’t come out with that idiotic game plan and a Francis rematch probably goes a lot differently now.

Yeah I mean I felt the same way about Cain, I think it’s just the HW division....the power, the weight it’s just hard to have a dominant run at HW when anything can knock you out....so with that being said, stipe has done better than most historically at holding onto that belt this long. Granted he hasnt done it in anderson or aldo like dominance, and has taken quite a few knocks along the way...he the best by default I guess

Yeah I mean I felt the same way about Cain, I think it’s just the HW division....the power, the weight it’s just hard to have a dominant run at HW when anything can knock you out....so with that being said, stipe has done better than most historically at holding onto that belt this long. Granted he hasnt done it in anderson or aldo like dominance, and has taken quite a few knocks along the way...he the best by default I guess

Yeah Stipe vs prime Cain would have been interesting actually. Cain at least had the best wrestling in the division, Stipe is just well rounded without having an elite skill or power and being extremely tough/durable.

DC.

Am I the only one that isn’t really impressed by Stipe? He’s in the convo for all time great heavyweight but it just feels like that’s more due to the weakness of the heavyweight division in the ufc. He’s got some names on his resume but for whatever reason he just doesn’t feel elite to me. I think Werdum could have beat him if he didn’t come out with that idiotic game plan and a Francis rematch probably goes a lot differently now.
Probably cuz stipe got a boring personality and already sounds punch drunk when he talks. Doesn't have the star quality.

Probably a 300K PPV. Cody is the big name.

Hope Anderson knows what he’s doing. Hope Chandler knows what he’s doing.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard someone say “I can’t wait to see the Corey Anderson fight”

He was essentially the lhw Derek Brunson but even more boring.

If Corey Anderson is making more which I can’t imagine he’d leave for less, it’s a no brainer. He can probably make a run at the belt too

Hope Figuerdo sleeps Cody and comes out a star that night. Was actually excited with the new contenders for FLW. Cody winning will pretty much bring the division back to square one.

They need to at least showcase the FLWs and load them up on this card. There's some real talent and any combo of the top 4 would be good scraps.

I guess it’s about the ceiling. There’s always going to be a higher ability to earn in the UFC depending on your performance.

I’d agree if you’re a “journeyman” unless you’ve captured the fan, you’re going to be earning peanuts like Nate Diaz.

But we can’t front that Rory isn’t making money from Bellator or PFL. Or DJ, Eddie or Sage aren’t making money in One. Or Mousasi didn’t make money by moving to Bellator.

What we can’t argue is level of competition. It’s not there in Bellator for that division.

I don’t think cutting weight is going to help Cody with his chin. Figueredo can crack as well. Should be fun.

Dude looks like the size of a BW. If he cracks him, Cody going down. No questions.

Cody has to be patient and not drawn into firefights. And if he can summon the footwork swag from the Cruz fight. We got ourself an exciting champ at that weight class.

Back
Top Bottom